autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The Ford Performance Oil Separator I fitted to my Mustang has been on for 7 months now, curiosity got the better of me today.

Emptying these catch cans can be done a couple of ways, either on or off the vehicle. Owing to the difficulty I had in fitting the push pins into place, I decided to leave the unit in place and remove the top hat.

First, remove the engine cover to allow access and then loosen the four bolts holding the lid in place.

After unclipping the hose connected to the inlet manifold, I went through and removed each screw by hand VERY carefully. These are not magnetic so don't rely on your magnetized screw driver to hold them in place. A replacement for something this obscure would be very difficult to find. (Keep in mind I am in Australia, EVERYTHING takes longer here.)

Hardest one to remove was the one sitting under the radiator expansion tank. I actually lifted the lid off and out with the screw still in tact to be safer than fiddling with it and risking dropping it into the depths of a Coyote engine bay. I have seen where the hose is removed to gain access but I do not like digging deeper than I have to with these sort of things.

The amount of oil collected was about what I expected.

Removing the oil can be done a couple of ways. When the whole unit is removed from the car, the oil can be simply be poured out. When left in place like mine, you can use a syringe to suck the oil from the container or use paper towels to absorb it. The amount in the tank was such the paper towel method was better suited here.

Once the tank is cleaned out, replace the top hat, remembering to click the hose back onto the inlet manifold in the process.

Engine cover back on.

As mentioned, the amount of oil was what I was expecting, owing to the minimal km's done over those 7 months.
    That’s a bigger pain in the but than my aftermarket ones. Looks good though.

I know you like the stock look but I think those coil covers powder coated red would look amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Received my front spoiler for the Chevelle

I didn’t think something like this was for me till I saw a pic of it on a car. Custom made by a guy name randy. Business is called spoilers by Randy

4. Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    That’s a bigger pain in the but than my aftermarket ones. Looks good though.

I know you like the stock look but I think those coil covers powder coated red would look amazing.

I chose the Ford Performance oil separator for the OE fit and look, I like that it looks very discrete. JLT make a version with a removable cup that would be more convenient though. That said, it only took about 5 min to remove the top hat and soak up the oil.

I actually went looking for red coil covers but couldn't find any that were sold in Australia. I also didn't want to paint them myself, I feel they never look quite right when done like that. I knew the blue ones were going to clash with the Race Red paint but I actually really like the contrast. Blue and Red are my favorite colors.............

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I played in the local soccer team years ago and have been a coach as well. Still help them out when I can. The belt to the lawnmower breaked so I ordered a new and replaced it. And then I helped with mowing the soccerfield. I played 3 years before my injuries. It where not a soccer team when I moved here. So I was the team captain in the first league match for the club. In Sweden there are different sports in the same club. So it's been ice hockey and pingpong and gymnastics before. A little history about the club and team in my little village What did you do today non-detailing related?

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

8. Likes oneheadlite, JDGolden, SNP209, vaca22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I chose the Ford Performance oil separator for the OE fit and look, I like that it looks very discrete. JLT make a version with a removable cup that would be more convenient though. That said, it only took about 5 min to remove the top hat and soak up the oil.

I actually went looking for red coil covers but couldn't find any that were sold in Australia. I also didn't want to paint them myself, I feel they never look quite right when done like that. I knew the blue ones were going to clash with the Race Red paint but I actually really like the contrast. Blue and Red are my favorite colors.............

No i get it. I have the other side of the mod bug. Like my cars to look the least stock as possible. Nothing wrong with either spectrum. I can like and respect all car cultures. Even the big ol donks. Not for me but I’m all for car culture so if you like it…. Do it.

Here is my plenum and coil covers, hydro dipped. Never got them on before I wrecked the fifty.

Here you can see the pattern better. Need to sell them but don’t really need too. Might go on garage wall if I ever get around to painting.

10. Likes DFB, Tasmania, SNP209, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

36th oil change on my daily driver.

275,182 miles and counting (bought it with 102k).

12. Likes SNP209, dgage, Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaf blower worked PERFECT today. Did all i usually do with a broom. And on 1 battery with time to spare. What a time saver!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

14. Likes SNP209, Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two plants flowering my garden at the moment.

Camellia 'Yuletide' -

Magnolia 'Little Gem' -

16. Likes SNP209, oneheadlite, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got rained out today so put the time to good use by changing oil and blades on my machines.

18. Likes SNP209, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the first day of winter in Australia, and that means it's time for all of the winter 'bare-root' stock is due to arrive at the nursery.

First task though is building sand beds to store the various deciduous trees, shrubs and fruit trees that are turning up tomorrow.

These beds are pretty simple and certainly not pretty. We use treated pine sleepers sitting on bricks to give some extra height, which are then secured with stakes and lots of tech screws before lining them with weed mat. The trees are then lined up one row at a time while sand is shoveled over the roots to keep them moist. A customer can then select the tree they want, pull it from the sand bed and take it home for immediate planting.

We also had a surprise delivery of bare root roses arrive today. Normally, we would receive our first delivery late June/early July. Our roses are always later than the likes of a hardware store nursery (we are a traditional retail nursery, a family run business that racks up 40 years this month), this stock is naturally defoliated rather than being sprayed with a defoliant to get them into dormancy early, the result is a healthier plant. The concept here is the same, except the roses are bundled into pots not a bed.

The above roses are about a 1/4 of what is expected to arrive this year. Busy, busy time ahead.

20. Likes dgage liked this post
Page 202 of 352 FirstFirst ... 102152192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212252302 ... LastLast