autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Worked with my friend of 20+ years to get some Paint Protection Film (PPF) installed on my wife's Mazda as Soul Red is notorious for chipping. Doesn't help that Mazda paints are so dang thin.

Areas Completed:

- Full Hood
    - Leading 1/2 of front fenders
    - Entire front nose of the vehicle
    - Headlights
    - A-Pillars
    - Side Mirrors
    - and finally, the leading portion of the roof in front of the sunroof

My friend has been doing this a long time and I've watch him go from really good at the craft to simply outstanding. His own proprietary formulation of adhesive activator is so crystal clear the film is almost magically invisible. As shown he also doesn't use any pre-cut templates but instead custom cuts and hides every edge and rolls it over so as to protect the leading edge and truly make it invisible to even a keen-eye.
    The Premium Shield Elite is now also a self-healing film and the gloss level of it's clear coat is improved even over the revision that was on my previous Audi S4 just a few years back. The gloss rivals and blends in perfectly with the polish and ceramic coating I have on the rest of the car.

NOTE: The completed pics here are not even re-ceramic coated yet either. This is just after completion with a basic wipe off, not even a detail spray applied.

Beyond words on the finishWhat did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?. Why we don't wrap entire vehicles is beyond me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IH8SPM View Post
    Beyond words on the finishWhat did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?. Why we don't wrap entire vehicles is beyond me.

Thx. Doing a whole car would be super expensive. Many exotic owners do but they can afford it. Lol
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

3. Likes IH8SPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent about 15 hours over the last 2 1/2 days repairing my roof.

Last week we had a major windstorm that lasted 2-3 days. My roof lost about a hundred shingles. I filed a claim with my homeowners insurance but they are just too slow. It wasn't until Tuesday, this week, that they finally got someone out to inspect the damage and the adjuster told me it would be 2-3 weeks after the inspection before I should expect a settlement.

So, now that the inspection has finally been completed I've been crawling around my roof replacing shingles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Spent about 15 hours over the last 2 1/2 days repairing my roof.

Last week we had a major windstorm that lasted 2-3 days. My roof lost about a hundred shingles. I filed a claim with my homeowners insurance but they are just too slow. It wasn't until Tuesday, this week, that they finally got someone out to inspect the damage and the adjuster told me it would be 2-3 weeks after the inspection before I should expect a settlement.

So, now that the inspection has finally been completed I've been crawling around my roof replacing shingles.
    Sorry to hear that. Stay safe up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Bought some ammo.

2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

7. Likes IH8SPM, Misterpaul, minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MX5HIGH View Post
    Bought some ammo.

Nice.... ammo pretty rare around here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MX5HIGH View Post
    Bought some ammo.

Holy smokes! That’s a lot of cheddar!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today non-detailing related?

Think I spent close to $1k over the last 4 days on reloading supplies. But Saturday the wife’s mini van door wouldn’t shut properly and kept hanging up. So investigated and deemed a Sunday project. So after work Unbolted the door and found the bracket in the back that slides on the tail severely bent. Explains why it hasn’t worked correctly since we got it. Pulled bracket out and using large crescent 24”and channel locks 36” I bent that back into line...not perfect but close enough I can’t tell. Used a fine file to touch up the rough spots and reinstalled. Loosened up the other door brackets and reset the door so it would pull in even. So much smoother, quieter and seals better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Think I spent close to $1k over the last 4 days on reloading supplies. But Saturday the wife’s mini van door wouldn’t shut properly and kept hanging up. So investigated and deemed a Sunday project. So after work Unbolted the door and found the bracket in the back that slides on the tail severely bent. Explains why it hasn’t worked correctly since we got it. Pulled bracket out and using large crescent 24”and channel locks 36” I bent that back into line...not perfect but close enough I can’t tell. Used a fine file to touch up the rough spots and reinstalled. Loosened up the other door brackets and reset the door so it would pull in even. So much smoother, quieter and seals better.

Sounds like a Honda Odyssey?

Post Thanks / Like

The last three days I've been unsubscribing from email lists.

Page 152 of 353 FirstFirst ... 52102142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162202252 ... LastLast