autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Placed an order with AG to stock back up a few goodies in advance of some pending details as I move back into doing more going forward.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up my capture card,mic/headset,and 4 sets of RGB lights

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Did the first oil change yesterday on my GTI. (Well first change during my ownership.) Put only 5k miles on it since late July. Volkswagen recommends10k intervals but I personally feel more comfortable at 5k.

Today took the car to the dealership to rotate and balance the tires.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Did the first oil change yesterday on my GTI. (Well first change during my ownership.) Put only 5k miles on it since late July. Volkswagen recommends10k intervals but I personally feel more comfortable at 5k.

Today took the car to the dealership to rotate and balance the tires.

I usually let my dealer do the oil change too, for $69 for full synthetic I could barely buy the supplies to do it myself. I just come in every 6 months and get the oil change and tire rotation done. 6 months for me ends up being around 3750 miles. I bet the current period will be much less miles due to staying home so much, last time I got gas was March 5 and I have 5/8 of the tank left right now. Drive so infrequently I plugged in the battery tender last weekend.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I usually let my dealer do the oil change too, for $69 for full synthetic I could barely buy the supplies to do it myself. I just come in every 6 months and get the oil change and tire rotation done. 6 months for me ends up being around 3750 miles. I bet the current period will be much less miles due to staying home so much, last time I got gas was March 5 and I have 5/8 of the tank left right now. Drive so infrequently I plugged in the battery tender last weekend.
    Yeah I just prefer to do it myself. I save a few bucks but not enough to matter. Oil change kit is about $60. My dealer charges $75 for just the oil change. So saves me $15 or so bucks and takes me 15-20 minutes to change the oil so it saves me time as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only that, it brings you peace of mind that they won’t scratch the car or “accidentally” wash it. I’ve been changing my own oil since it seems like forever. I would like to become familiar with the type of filter some German cars have so on a future car I’ll be able to change those too. Also gotta know/learn how to reset the electronic maintenance schedule reminder on the dash
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Not only that, it brings you peace of mind that they won’t scratch the car or “accidentally” wash it. I’ve been changing my own oil since it seems like forever. I would like to become familiar with the type of filter some German cars have so on a future car I’ll be able to change those too. Also gotta know/learn how to reset the electronic maintenance schedule reminder on the dash
    The VW OEM filter typically is a Mann filter. Reseting the reminder is super easy too. With the key off push and hold the trip button. While pushing the trip button turn in the key. It will then show up on the cluster display then push the trip button again to reset.

Plenty of videos on YouTube that show it also. Can also use an OBD II scanner and reset it but not necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

Still messing with new lights in the garage.

First ones weren’t right... too bright in one spot, not enough spread.

Trying a second set. Waiting for them to arrive.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    The VW OEM filter typically is a Mann filter. Reseting the reminder is super easy too. With the key off push and hold the trip button. While pushing the trip button turn in the key. It will then show up on the cluster display then push the trip button again to reset.

Plenty of videos on YouTube that show it also. Can also use an OBD II scanner and reset it but not necessary.

Thanks. I’ll just have to get familiar with the actual process of removing and installing the filter element and installing new gaskets since it’s different from simply unscrewing and throwing away the canister filters I have now.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Thanks. I’ll just have to get familiar with the actual process of removing and installing the filter element and installing new gaskets since it’s different from simply unscrewing and throwing away the canister filters I have now.
    Well on my car and a lot of others all you need is a 32mm socket. Crack the filter housing loose, unscrew it and then pop out the old filter and remove the old O ring. Slide the new O ring on and pop the new filter into the housing and then tighten.

Not sure what German vehicle you are specifically interested in but the Humble Mechanic has a very good video of him doing an old change on a MK7 Golf R. Exact same process for the GTI. Oh also the filter is in the engine compartment, not underneath the car.

Page 105 of 353 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115155205 ... LastLast