autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 81 of 346 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131181 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Changed the oil in my wifes 09 civic and our 05 toyota sienna. Next weekend itll be my 06 gmc envoy denali changing the oil. I also filled all the tires on all 3 vehicles. Soon need to get my lift kit and do all front end work on my envoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes firecorgi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I "detailed" all of our mid-century modern teak wood furniture. It's awesome wood and gets more and more beautiful with age, but it's also a PITA because it needs to be oiled at least a couple times a year to prevent drying. 17 pieces of furniture took more than a quart of teak oil and I'm higher than a kite from all the fumes.

4. Likes PaulMys, firecorgi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Racquetball, usually do that or pickleball 2 or 3 times per week.

6. Likes firecorgi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Christmas car parts arrived

Plus PSA never be under a car without ramps or jack stands. Short read below

I jacked up my corvette today with an old trusted HF jack I've had for a while. Well I got it jacked up from the front. Walked to grab the two jack stands. Bam. Car is dropping. Hydraulic fluid on the ground. My jack got wedged under the front of the car.

Had to make a trip to HF to get the new version in a 3 ton model in my favorite color.

I put the front lip and side skirt install on hold. May install it after this football game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. Likes Mdjas, firecorgi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    Christmas car parts arrived

Plus PSA never be under a car without ramps or jack stands. Short read below

I jacked up my corvette today with an old trusted HF jack I've had for a while. Well I got it jacked up from the front. Walked to grab the two jack stands. Bam. Car is dropping. Hydraulic fluid on the ground. My jack got wedged under the front of the car.

Had to make a trip to HF to get the new version in a 3 ton model in my favorite color.

I put the front lip and side skirt install on hold. May install it after this football game.

I mainly do all my work on my vehicles in my gravel driveway as i dont have a garage. And let me tell you ive had many of close calls. So I completely agree with you should never be under with out jack stands. But ill add to that always check car by shaking a little even on jack stands. Ive even had those tip and car came down. So as habit i always give car a little shake just to be sure and make sure on flat spot as you can get. But awesome mods for the vette. Ive tinted a few of the newer ones and i have to say i love em but sadly i couldnt afford one and there is no way i could daily one.

10. Likes Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's my Daily for sure. I do have an old cheap truck.

I paid less for the vette plus used Silverado than I paid for the new tundra 4x4 I sold to buy these 2 :-)

Post Thanks / Like

It's my Daily for sure. I do have an old cheap truck.

I paid less for the vette plus used Silverado than I paid for the new tundra 4x4 I sold to buy these 2 :-)

Nice id do that too if thats how it worked out. Nice. Is it the 7-speed manual? Or auto? Just wondering. Few ive had come thru the shop were the 7-speeds and i have to say that extra gear is def odd but still wish the new mid engine vette they would have still offered a manual but sadly only an auto. I got knee issues so to be fair i shouldnt drive a manual anyways but thats all ive ever had till now. O well tho i guess thats how life goes sometimes. Any other mods planned besides visual?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mdjas View Post
    Nice id do that too if thats how it worked out. Nice. Is it the 7-speed manual? Or auto? Just wondering. Few ive had come thru the shop were the 7-speeds and i have to say that extra gear is def odd but still wish the new mid engine vette they would have still offered a manual but sadly only an auto. I got knee issues so to be fair i shouldnt drive a manual anyways but thats all ive ever had till now. O well tho i guess thats how life goes sometimes. Any other mods planned besides visual?

Mostly visual mods. I added a rear spoiler already. Maybe long tube headers and a tune at some point to make it louder. It is plenty fast enough for me. It is a 7 speed manual. It is sooo much fun! Gets 30 mpg on interstate too and hauls my golf gear easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly visual mods. I added a rear spoiler already. Maybe long tube headers and a tune at some point to make it louder. It is plenty fast enough for me. It is a 7 speed manual. It is sooo much fun! Gets 30 mpg on interstate too and hauls my golf gear easily.
    Nice best of both worlds. Fast and good fuel economy when you keep your foot out of it. Nice car for sure. Love the color too.

15. Likes Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rearranged my Tool Chests...cannot believe I let it get that bad...

Nice to be able to get to specific tools quick again.

Page 81 of 346 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131181 ... LastLast