autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 56 of 346 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Unfortunately, I was the driver of this car today.

We went all the way upstate to pick up a new Explorer, all the way back, and I was 5 minutes away from the dealership on a 4 lane highway.

A school bus stopped in the other 2 lanes, and so did everyone else except the 21year old girl behind me. She hit me at a dead stop going 60mph.

I seem to be ok, all x-rays/scans were negative. But I’m so sore I can’t really stand up or walk without extreme pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear/see this Paul. Hope you all are ok. I am an extremely defensive driver and always leave plenty of space between myself and the cars in front of me, yet I was rear ended twice in the last few years - once when stopped at a light and once while making an entrance to the parkway - both times by "distracted" drivers. Luckily only the rear bumpers had to be replaced. With the sheer density of traffic out there combined with so many drivers simply not paying attention these rear enders are way too common.

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

good thing you had a good size vehicle. can't believe how much damage was done. glad you're OK, but I suspect you'll feel a lot worst in a couple of days. hopefully it won't last long & you'll get back to normal. how was the young girl ? She had to get banged up pretty bad. where was your destination in upstate NY ? good luck and take care.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hmardown View Post
    good thing you had a good size vehicle. can't believe how much damage was done. glad you're OK, but I suspect you'll feel a lot worst in a couple of days. hopefully it won't last long & you'll get back to normal. how was the young girl ? She had to get banged up pretty bad. where was your destination in upstate NY ? good luck and take care.
    Thanks, man. Cops said she was banged up, but ok.

I am barely able to walk today, and standing up is painful.

We went to Nanuet. Just a few minutes off of the new Tapanzee. (I won't call it by the new name. Lol)
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Thanks hmardown thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you're relatively okay after a hell of a hit like that.
    Hope you get feeling better soon.

Max

8. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got two cool cell phone camera photos of a frog while I was leaving work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Holy smokes Paul - Sorry you had to go through that! How’re you doing some days after?

Was that a dealer exchange run you were on? Like hmardown mentioned - thankfully you were in an explorer, not a fiesta!

No matter how much of a defensive mindset you’ve got, sometimes there’s just nothing you can do. Despite allowing ample space to buffer for the slowdown, using my rear fog lights to raise attention, still had the back corner of my car rearranged by a 19 year old who “didn’t realize traffic was stopping that fast”. Thankfully we were separated by 2 lanes of traffic as we both sat on the shoulders after the impact; if I had been able to talk to her right away I fear I may have regretted my adrenaline fueled interaction...

Hope you can get back to feeling normal soon!

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Holy smokes Paul - Sorry you had to go through that! How’re you doing some days after?

Was that a dealer exchange run you were on? Like hmardown mentioned - thankfully you were in an explorer, not a fiesta!

No matter how much of a defensive mindset you’ve got, sometimes there’s just nothing you can do. Despite allowing ample space to buffer for the slowdown, using my rear fog lights to raise attention, still had the back corner of my car rearranged by a 19 year old who “didn’t realize traffic was stopping that fast”. Thankfully we were separated by 2 lanes of traffic as we both sat on the shoulders after the impact; if I had been able to talk to her right away I fear I may have regretted my adrenaline fueled interaction...

Hope you can get back to feeling normal soon!
    Hey, thanks man.

It was a straight buy by my dealer. We drove up in a used car to grab the Explorer. The used one was a 2017 Focus. That was the one that I was driving when I got creamed.

Good news is, I am WAY better as of today, and will be going to work in the morning. Still pretty bruised up, and a little sore, but I should be fine.

13. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes trailsnail, Klasse Act, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GREAT GREAT GREAT NEWS PAULWhat did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Rog.

I feel.......Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...... UH, what?

Oh, Hi. A little better. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy Hectour swapped out my stock axle-back for a piece from JUN BL, company in S. Korea. You can see here the difference and the sound....OMG does it sound greatWhat did you do today non-detailing related? You couldn't wipe the grin off of my face because it's exactly what I wanted, now I'm waiting for the enclosed intake from SXTH Element to be made and shipped, stay "tuned'What did you do today non-detailing related?

Btw I'm sorry I didn't take an "after" shot of the new exhaust tips like in the "before" pic, Hectour snapped the last pic. We had to pick his daughter up from the movies and we wanted to get in it and DRIVEWhat did you do today non-detailing related?, so I'll snap on later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 56 of 346 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast