autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 54 of 346 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    They gave you a warning and don't live there, please and they wonder why some people don't like cops, this, right here!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Would it have been better if they had ticketed him? I’m not sure if you understand what it means to get a warning, but it basically means they leave you alone and allow you to go about your day as if nothing ever happened...

When I got that ticket 3 months ago the cop said he pulled me over because I didn’t stop before the line on 2 consecutive stop signs, and also for my tinted windows... I sat there with my hands on the steering wheel and nodded my head a simply said “oh ok” and handed him my license and registration.

He came back and handed me my drivers license and said he was going to let me off with a warning for not stopping at the signs and simply give me a “fix it ticket” for the tinted windows. I said “thank you” as he handed me my papers and the look on his face was of relief because I’d be willing to bet I’m probably the only person he dealt with that day who didn’t whine, complain, or try to argue with him.

Last thing he said to me was “thank you for your cooperation”.

My driving record has been perfect for nearly 20 straight years now. [knock on wood]
    In that time I’ve been pulled over several times and I’ve either gotten off with a warning, or it was lessened to a fix it ticket which doesn’t affect my driving record.

I’ve always believed that if you treat cops with the respect you’d give others and apply a bit of courtesy and common sense then you should be in line for the same respect in return.

Act like the typical jackass who “hates cops” for someone elses reasons and they’ll be more than happy to give you a reason to hate them.

I’ve personally never had a problem with them.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes minerigger, PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Would it have been better if they had ticketed him? I’m not sure if you understand what it means to get a warning, but it basically means they leave you alone and allow you to go about your day as if nothing ever happened...

When I got that ticket 3 months ago the cop said he pulled me over because I didn’t stop before the line on 2 consecutive stop signs, and also for my tinted windows... I sat there with my hands on the steering wheel and nodded my head a simply said “oh ok” and handed him my license and registration.

He came back and handed me my drivers license and said he was going to let me off with a warning for not stopping at the signs and simply give me a “fix it ticket” for the tinted windows. I said “thank you” as he handed me my papers and the look on his face was of relief because I’d be willing to bet I’m probably the only person he dealt with that day who didn’t whine, complain, or try to argue with him.

My driving record has been perfect for nearly 20 straight years now. [knock on wood]
    In that time I’ve been pulled over several times and I’ve either gotten off with a warning, or it was lessened to a fix it ticket which doesn’t affect my driving record.

I’ve always believed that if you treat cops with the respect you’d give others and apply a bit of courtesy and common sense then you should be in line for the same respect in return.

Act like the typical jackass who “hates cops” for someone elses reasons and they’ll be more than happy to give you a reason to hate them.

I accidentally thanked you for this, but here it goes:

To enforce the law, you should know the law, right! There are a number of states that allow for window tint and when your from said state your playing by the rules from said state, right? When traveling to another state it doesn't apply to you because you don't live there, just like a front plate law, applies to the state your from, right, pretty easy to understand, right "southern orifice".

Based on a previous thread and those PM's you love so much, people are tired of the banter so do myself and everyone else here a favor a don't quote my posts about anything, ok. Make a detour from the low road and take the high roadWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I got pulled over on two occasions by the same cop for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. It was really silly but I too just said “ok” and was given a warning both times. I think the cop pulled me over just because he liked my car which was new at the time. :-)
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I got pulled over on two occasions by the same cop for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. It was really silly but I too just said “ok” and was given a warning both times. I think the cop pulled me over just because he liked my car which was new at the time. :-)
    I'm glad you didn't get a ticket but atleast there's "something" there to enforce, it's the law and is surely the law everywhere, unlike trying to defend the honorable officer who doesn't know the law and is harassing someone from another state where the laws aren't the same. I say this, the sun shines in all the states and it should be legal to 30% shade, same thing with front plates, when you get pulled over they're behind you, NOT infront of you and if other states can do without the front plate law everyone should be. The front plate law went away in Michigan in 1986, the year I got my license and as far as I know Detroit is still in Michigan and if they can do without it, ANYONE can!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

So good cop story in WA. Giving friend ride home and from the bar. I had a drink or two (really!). Friend is giving complements in car wants to know how fast she is.

Of course, I show him. See a car pulling in rear view. Either someone wants to race. Or it’s the cops. Ove course it’s the cop. He pulls me over and asked emphatically asked “ know why i pulled you over?” My answer. Was “Because I’m an Idiot?” He pauses then says we’ll yeah. I was doing over 100 and not catching up to you. I give explanation of showing friend my car

He questioned me and all answers “yes sir, no sir”. Always with respect let him know I was the DD Gave me a sobriety and I passed. He had me on speeding, (he says I was doing 110 plus, I told him never looked at OD” possibly reckless endangerment, changing lanes w/o blinker and what ever else. He asked if. DD why do I smell why did he smell alcohol on my breath I told him I’m the DD, not Amish. I told him I don’t do more than one drink every 1.5 hours. He appreciated I was a DD and like my honesty and cooperation. He says “Do me a favor, quit being an idiot.” And let me go with warning.

When I was pulled over at first I was pretty sure I’d passed on what I read about alcohol that I was good but was at that point hoping at most to getting a reckless ticket. That woulda cost me a couple of grand but way better than a DWI.

Don’t know why he let me go but I feel if I acted disrespectful I woulda went to jail and at least got 2 or 3 tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you didn't get a ticket but atleast there's "something" there to enforce, it's the law and is surely the law everywhere, unlike trying to defend the honorable officer who doesn't know the law and is harassing someone from another state where the laws aren't the same. I say this, the sun shines in all the states and it should be legal to 30% shade, same thing with front plates, when you get pulled over they're behind you, NOT infront of you and if other states can do without the front plate law everyone should be. The front plate law went away in Michigan in 1986, the year I got my license and as far as I know Detroit is still in Michigan and if they can do without it, ANYONE can!

On another trip t Lo Sac, a cop literally made my friend take tint of his window. Option was fixit ticket where he’d have to come prove he was WA resident at court date or he could remove right their. We were 20 ish at the time so chose to remove.

Sad but he coulda gave us a fixit ticket. What’s legal in your state doesn’t always follow you. Some states will ticket you based on their laws and you have to abide by them. Like following there speed limits.

I get the tint though. Safety for the police

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    On another trip t Lo Sac, a cop literally made my friend take tint of his window. Option was fixit ticket where he’d have to come prove he was WA resident at court date or he could remove right their. We were 20 ish at the time so chose to remove.

Sad but he coulda gave us a fixit ticket. What’s legal in your state doesn’t always follow you. Some states will ticket you based on their laws and you have to abide by them. Like following there speed limits.

I get the tint though. Safety for the police

Was this in the U.S. or U.S.S.RWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

Post Thanks / Like

Was this in the U.S. or U.S.S.RWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

I'd love to hear thoughts by the "southern orifice" on thisWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

Post Thanks / Like

There are bad people in ever profession. There is no need to bash cops for a couple bad apples, there are horrible detailers and that doesnt mean that all detailers suck. I was pulled over for looking like I was going fast while I was stopped at a stop sign. I was a Hispanic young adult in a brand new sport sedan so I expected this kind of treatment, pure ignorance on the cops part, but I remained respectful and laughed about it when I got home.

As far as laws, when traveling through another state, we sometimes have to obey their laws. I always carry a weapon in my vehicle, but always research the laws of the state before traveling. Some cops know the laws and some cops have massive ego, but as long as we all get to go home safe, no harm done.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

13. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    There are bad people in ever profession. There is no need to bash cops for a couple bad apples, there are horrible detailers and that doesnt mean that all detailers suck. I was pulled over for looking like I was going fast while I was stopped at a stop sign. I was a Hispanic young adult in a brand new sport sedan so I expected this kind of treatment, pure ignorance on the cops part, but I remained respectful and laughed about it when I got home.

As far as laws, when traveling through another state, we sometimes have to obey their laws. I always carry a weapon in my vehicle, but always research the laws of the state before traveling. Some cops know the laws and some cops have massive ego, but as long as we all get to go home safe, no harm done.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I can assure you that you do not have to have your window to and taken off your car when you travel to another state that does not have the same tint law come onWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

Page 54 of 346 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast