autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 50 of 346 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Since it was so nice here over the weekend I pressure-washed the patios, furniture and privacy fence.
    Wanted to get things cleaned up for Memorial Day weekend as we will have some family over for a BBQ

Need to get my pots planted this weekend before company comes over.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Projects...

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Worked on the garage area this week

For the past week or so after work I've been re-painting and organizing the garage. It's been a while, nearly 22yrs, since the last re-paint and it was in need of a full clean up. Looking great so far. Two coats of pure white ceiling paint, two coats of Gravity Gray on the walls, two layers of dark grey floor paint on the single layer of exposed foundation block that runs the perimeter and did the same on the entry door which I trimmed out in white.

Here are some preliminary under construction pics. Lots of little things in these pics have yet to be put away/organized but it conveys the goals and accomplishments thus far.

The back left corner is going to be home to a 55" flat screen smart TV with cable run to it. It will have a streamlined cable run for the HDMI and power as I'm not going to bury them in the wall (yet) but perhaps I will should this remain in this configuration. I also plan to have a Sonos Play 5 out here. Maybe two but I'm not sure I'll need a "stereo" effect just yet. We have the entire house done in sonos and it's an amazing system so why not in the garage too Lastly, I'm going to mount an adjustable fan up on the wall/corner area too. TV install first but the fan I want will be adjustable up and down and side to side.

My world is that of a typical suburban dad so I have to deal with lots more than just auto-related stuff in the garage. My goal however was to consolidate everything into the area behind my car/workbench. The top of the fridge will eventually be clear outside home to the cable box. The freezer next to it too. The back of my workbench will be home to a charging station for several items as I'm consolidating the bins of bits and pieces more than they are now.

The bicycle area is something that takes up a lot of room but we use them and with kids it's a must. You'll notice I painted the back side of plexiglass the same color as the wall then mounted it to the wall with heavy duty mounting tape. This way the tires from the bikes won't scuff or mess up the finish there. One piece up top and one below for the rear tires. I have to finish this over the weekend as I need one more section for the last bike on the far right. My flags will continue to serve as cover for shelving that hides more "stuff"

Lastly, since the wall by my wife's car doesn't have a bump-out, I'd like to keep it clear and perhaps use it to color up the garage. I also may move my canister vac away from the mower/bike area and put it near the front of the garage by my wife's car as it is low profile and will allow me to have better access to it given it won't be blocked by a bicycle or have a lawn mower in it's way. Haha! Otherwise though I'm digging the clean look of it all.

That's my non-detailing project for this week and the next couple I'm sure as it will be evolving more. Thanks for viewing!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Likes PaulMys, Diner, Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it except the big red flag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Had the choice of either a FNW or hitting the local pond last night. Results?
    SS is still manky. 23 largemouth bass gave me a good case of bass thumb.
    I’ve got the next four days to clean the rides.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the garage worked continued last night. It's not perfect but it's loads better than it was 1 year ago and 20x better than 2yrs ago and I'm not done of course. I have another 1-2 partial days of work yet this weekend. I can certainly do better with a custom workbench, etc. but maybe later. For now I wanted to use what I had without buying much new and get it done quickly as in days.

Here are a couple update shots. One last corner back in the far right where my toolbox and bench are at to paint, etc. and then of course clean up as there's still a lot laying about to get to. My wife busts my chops because I spend the evenings out there working on it but it's not easy when it's just one person and I don't think she gets that. Very time consuming work not difficult or hard.

Installed a nice 4k LG 55" Smart TV. Micro Center had them on sale and the guy there was "dealing" as this and the Sonos made for a nice sale for him in like 5 minutes. Instead of adding a fully adjustable fan up near the ceiling (pricey little guys), I picked up a larger Vornado (second pic on right) that is fully adjustable and can be moved easily. Works amazingly well. I had it pointed straight up and it definitely circulates the entire garage.

I decided to hold off on the wall mount for the Sonos Play 5 for now. Let's see how things turn out and if it's even needed. For now it's up on the cabinet and sounds amazing like the rest of their stuff. It hits as hard and goes as loud as the old 12" Cerwin's it replaced. Two of them would definitely be overkill......but I will likely add another at some point

I moved my shop vac over to this wall for easier access and it's up out of the way and flush enough so it's not in the way. Had to dress up the walls with silly banners until I find something better. I like them as they serve as a good reflections for detail shots inside. Not my favorite layout but it works and that's what counts for now.

obligatory car-shot with all three covered in pollen.

One last corner and part of a wall to go then onto putting stuff away. For now, off to enjoy the holiday weekend!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

9. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, Diner, Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I installed another seat protector off the ol amazon to put under the car seat so the leather doesn’t get dented and deformed or worse yet, scratched/torn. We are ready for him to be here. T-minus 48 hrs

11. Likes SWETM, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today non-detailing related?

Drove my wifes fancy suburban to the hospital so we can welcome our newest addition into the world.

13. Likes VISITOR, SWETM, Rrthomas78, milesvdustin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Drove my wifes fancy suburban to the hospital so we can welcome Out newest addition into the world.

congrats!

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He has arrived

Page 50 of 346 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast