autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 346 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Wife and I discussed what we planned on doing for her next ride. Initially we were thinking getting her a nice entry level luxery CUV like an Alfa Stilveo or a Lexus perhaps even an Audi, but then we switched gears (pun intended) as while she would enjoy it for the first week or so, after that, just being honest, she would just see it as basic transportation.

That said, we have narrowed things down to either a Mazda CX5 or another Hyundia. Korean wise, we have picked out a fully loaded AWD Tuscon Limited. Super well equipped and a pretty nice vehicle overall. The Mazda has nicer quality materials and a nice layout inside. The outside is meh though and while I don't love the color my wife is after the Hyundia offers it and Mazda does not. If we do go MAzda she will be rocking a beautiful red metallic color.

Stay tuned as something along the lines of one of these is going to be in our driveway come lunch tomorrow.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm off most Fridays,and sometimes Monday also. I like to mow my yard on Wednesday evening,then I typically wash cars and do other chores on Thursday night and Friday. Rest of the time off I try to have fun and kick back.

It rained Wednesday night so I mowed Thursday night. My mower balked at starting so it was getting very dark when I finished. No time left to run the leaf and grass blower. I got out Friday,and blew my driveway and sidewalks off. I also raked up some leaves. I fell asleep on the couch Thursday night. I went to bed,but couldn't go back to sleep. I was trying to sleep in,but couldn't. Dog groomer called about the appointment we had forgotten. I took our dog to the groomer,and then did the aforementioned yard work.

Due to all the stupid pollen flying around,and rain in the forecast again I didn't detail any of my vehicles. I was about shot from work,no sleep,and then raking leaves. Not to mention struggling getting my mower to start.

I did take my Corgi with me to get some mower gas. I also drove around my '64 C10 for a bit.

I hate not detailing cars,but I did get a little accomplished.

4. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Wife and I discussed what we planned on doing for her next ride. Initially we were thinking getting her a nice entry level luxery CUV like an Alfa Stilveo or a Lexus perhaps even an Audi, but then we switched gears (pun intended) as while she would enjoy it for the first week or so, after that, just being honest, she would just see it as basic transportation.

That said, we have narrowed things down to either a Mazda CX5 or another Hyundia. Korean wise, we have picked out a fully loaded AWD Tuscon Limited. Super well equipped and a pretty nice vehicle overall. The Mazda has nicer quality materials and a nice layout inside. The outside is meh though and while I don't love the color my wife is after the Hyundia offers it and Mazda does not. If we do go MAzda she will be rocking a beautiful red metallic color.

Stay tuned as something along the lines of one of these is going to be in our driveway come lunch tomorrow.

They have redesigned the Tuscon and they will be arriving in dealers shortly, so the 2018s might be heavily discounted once the new ones arrive. Not sure if your wife will like the new styling better.

I rented one for a 5 hour trip and it was great, a little underpowered, but comfy. My wife had a Santa fe for 3 years and loved it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Switched gears again and landed on this. Much nicer and worth the few extra bucks. Everyone was making deals today. Picking it up Tuesday and under the buffer Wednesday

2018 Lincoln MK-C Reserve, AWD 2.3l EcoBoost with 20" Wheels:

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Likes DETAILROOKIE, Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!!!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Refinishing stock on .22 Remington Model 34.....Now any suggestion for LSP Collinite 845 Carnauba protection or Klasse sealant Acrylic protection
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do today non-detailing related?-remington-model-34-jpg  

10. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole family went and did passport applications at the local library. Wow$a! At least in a few weeks we’ll be able to go to Australia if we so desire...or New Zealand.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Shoveled snow.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

did a little e-boarding today while getting something to eat a few miles away (cut the grass earlier too). i'm already bored of the e-board i have which only goes around 20 mph, and would like to build one that goes at least another 10mph or double the speed. something like the build in the video below...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    did a little e-boarding today while getting something to eat a few miles away (cut the grass earlier too). i'm already bored of the e-board i have which only goes around 20 mph, and would like to build one that goes at least another 10mph or double the speed. something like the build in the video below...
    Why not build one that does 30-40 mph AND cuts the grass??

C'mon Allen, 2 birds. ONE stone.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Likes VISITOR liked this post
Page 7 of 346 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast