autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 68 of 346 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

SOLD the Jeep!

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes PaulMys, Jayfro, Coatingsarecrack, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    SOLD the Jeep!

something else in the works?

Post Thanks / Like

Noooooooooo!!!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    something else in the works?
    Maybe, but nothing planned. My son just wasn't into the Jeep. I really liked it and tried something different since I'm not a "Jeep" guy either but keeping it wasn't really the best move given I just sold a couple toys. With my son just a year away from college and my daughter following shortly after, I may take a few years off from what I really want so they don't come out of school in debt. It's the right thing to do. #familyfirst right?

That said, nothing says I won't find something fun but cost effective to enjoy in the mean time The great news is he has had a good learning experience about what he wants and I'm hoping whatever we end up with he's a part of picking it out and who knows....we may make a small trip to go get it too. Stay tuned!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had some faults on my Kia cee'd SW on the yearly inspection. So have a month on you to fix it and that date is today LOL. The handbrake on the left side was not working at all. It's new parts since early spring this. So some detective work on what it could be. The moving part between the handbrake wire and the drum was stuck big time. Cause of the construction it gets really dirty on this moving part and is what's useally wrong with the handbrake. So got it moving and lubed up with high temp grease and cleaned. Then the semi auto-adjust is not so fun to dial in. After driven some and used the handbrake in a little higher speeds so it gets to brake great. It was weared in the drum and needed another wheels off adjustment puuh.

The third brake light which sitting on the highest point on the hatch was broken too. And of cause it's a LED and yeah expensive. If your newer car to you when you buy it. If any kind of visual damage as slightly cracks or they are foggy inside of the glass. Stand up on you so they buy a new one before you buying the car. Brake lights and the DRL in the front useally have LED lights on these. And if they sitting in where you have the headlights. The whole headlight is needed to be replaced and this useally cost much. So a heads up to save some if you are unlucky. No problem with replace this and just desamble the plastic interior parts. And when I got the first screw out I got water all over me that has been standing in the brake light LOL.

Know on to replace the parking light on both sides in the front. At one time I was considering to get it to the scrap yard and leave it there LOL. First the idi*t who replaced them last had crushed the both sides parking lights base with pliers. So that's why it's broke the lights and I got just pieces of small plastic bits of the base and just the electrical wires left. No spare parts if you don't buy the whole headlight so no thanks I DIY it LOL. Took off the headlights and bought a generic base to the light bulbs. Yeah so easy it was not LOL. Sawing some parts off the base. And how it sits inside where the headlight is was so tight and off it's place to reach easly. I doubted that I could fix it many times. Everything that could be going wrong seemed to be doing so. Took a long coffee break and calmed down LOL. Then at last I found a way to put it together so it's light there at least LOL. I need to be haveing a big drink tonight LOL.

My sister still borrows my car and I don't need it much. So if I can help her out I do. She took the Kia cee'd SW in for the recall inspection and it passed. Lucky me I guess and hope it don't gets much of new parts for some time now. But so lucky I don't useally are LOL.

When down to the autoparts store to buy the parking lights base. I saw they had gotten Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax in stock. It's been sold out for a long time here in Sweden. Was a little sale on it too.

Have an awesome weekend everyone!

/ Tony

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to see Apocalypse Now: Final Cut - 40th Anniversary last night with one of my sons.

10. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought new top end kits for my chevy 350. I was looking for the best top end kits and finally found reviews on (I shouldn't be posting links). These kits contain parts such as cylinder heads, intake manifolds, head bolts, camshaft, timing chain, gasket heads and more, depending upon which top end kit I choose. So convy!

12. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got the GTI tinted today. Car is in the garage so not great pictures. Avery Dennison NR Pro 20% all around except the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Likes Klasse Act, VISITOR, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^ looks great! that car never goes out of style, enjoy it for many years...

16. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    ^ looks great! that car never goes out of style, enjoy it for many years...
    Thanks. Have had it for a month now and it's been fun.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 68 of 346 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast