autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 346 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Shoveled a couple of inches of snow off of the driveway and sidewalk. Plus 4-6” in tomorrow’s weather forecast, and more again Tuesday night and Thursday night into Friday. I hate winter.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Shoveled a couple of inches of snow off of the driveway and sidewalk. Plus 4-6” in tomorrow’s weather forecast, and more again Tuesday night and Thursday night into Friday. I hate winter.
    ^^ nothing beats living in Cbus in the winter when it comes to snow. We don't much at all anymore. Today we got maybe 1/2" to 1" and it's gone from the driveways and streets. Hence why for the first time in many many years and vehicles I didn't opt for a set of winter wheels.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Three Things:

Dynomatted the entire trunk to seal out any sound and the low-tones from the exhaust that would occasionally pop up when the car would loaf along in 5th gear at 35-40mph. 100% gone now and it really really did a lot overall. Sound deadening in the trunk wasn't something the Japanese put a lot of effort into. That box is check now though. Super quiet inside now less the growl from that classic G-Series sound.

Mounted the factory style OEM Spoiler. Purchased this through Spoiler Express and couldn't be happier. The color matches perfectly including the metallic flake. Extremely uniform application and clear coat. They nailed it! It's mounting tape/adhesive mount and locked on tight. They taped it very nicely too so that it's sealed from water all the way around.

Great add-on for a mere $160 shipped to my door and made and painted just outside Dallas, TX.

Lastly, I installed a new larger cargo net since the factory supplied one was rather small and honestly not much use. I need to be able to haul more than a few small items in it. The new one allows for more room inside and in between the netting and the rear of the car/trunk.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Likes VISITOR, Eldorado2k, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I acquired an extremely rare piece of vintage automobilia.

1904 Cadillac Catalogue

The very 1st. Cadillac, Model A. Runabout. $750.

Model A. Delivery [w/ detachable top] $850.

Model B. Surrey. [4 seat touring] $900.

The 1904 Cadillacs were powered by a single cylinder, 8 1/4 HP Motor...

114 years later, Cadillac has a 640HP Supercharged V-8 in the 2018 CTS-V.What did you do today non-detailing related?

It’s missing the rear cover... The last page has a list of all the Cadillac dealerships nationwide.

I’ll go out on a limb and say you won’t find a Cadillac brochure for sale that precedes this 1 anywhere in the world. What did you do today non-detailing related?

6. Likes SWETM, Frank70, Hammer77, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's killer Eldo, nice find!

Well I was sitting in my home office this morning browsing AGO at 4:30 am. I heard the sump pump in the basement kick on, its always been a bit loud IMO, then heard a noise I never heard before. I tracked it back to the sump pump, pit was empty, pump still running and smoking! Got it turned off, started doing research as I know nothing about sump pumps. Figured out I had a very basic cheapo model, went to Lowe's at 8am and upgraded to a higher end model, had a Tim Taylor moment More Power! Got home prepped the new unit in the kitchen, took it downstairs cut the old unit out, had to re-plumb a few things. Did a test hit all is well! Was not the Sunday morning I was looking forward too.

8. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Picked up my first ever “hobby car”. 2003 Nissan 350Z with 36,000 miles. My brothers first car, sold to an employee of mine when he got married because he “had to” and my employee never drove it. Never even tagged it. It’s got a lot of go fast goodies and needs some tlc mainly on the interior but I love it and got a smoking deal so I’m good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a race used drivers suite! Best thing it fits so I will use it for track nights.

What did you do today non-detailing related?-img_2059-jpg
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers ST View Post
    I got a race used drivers suite! Best thing it fits so I will use it for track nights.

What did you do today non-detailing related?-img_2059-jpg
    How’d you get it? Was it passed down to you as a gift? Did you pay for it? How much does a suit like that cost?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    How’d you get it? Was it passed down to you as a gift? Did you pay for it? How much does a suit like that cost?
    You can find them online for $200-1000 depending on thedriver. This one though he donated to a charity Andy Lally did. I donated and got entered into his drawing. He had a bunch of suits gloves, a helmet, lots of signed stuff. I requested a suit, this driver is about my size so I figured it would fit. It does and will get more use. It has a fia certification from 2017 so it's good yet.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

14. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Picked up my Elk European mount, my 9 month old daughter can't keep her hands off it and mom is disgusted. What did you do today non-detailing related?-20180330_162141-jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 346 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast