autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 55 of 351 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Just to be clear here, I know they, the cops, have a tough job, a job they signed up for and whether its back home in the D or especially here in Chicago, they have a tough job, especially with the animals they have to deal with on a day to day basis, trust me I know as I drive all around the city of Chicago and I see the same people hangin' out infront of the same party stores day in and day out and this is during the day time, I can only imagine what goes down at night! But I have had a couple bad experiences and while its not all of them, I always remember these 2 run ins. One was when I was about 19/20 years old, I had a 73' Mustang and my headlight just went out and I was leaving my buddy's house, about 1.5 miles from home and it as about 1:30 a.m, and I get pulled over, I knew why too, ofcoarse. I give them my papers and then the Einstein drops this one on me, "mind if we search your car" and I said "search it for what?". He says to me, straight way "because you look suspicious because you've got long hair and a leather jacket", keep in mind this roughly 1989-90, sounds like something out of "Happy Days" with the Fonze, LOL. So I swing the door open and say "go ahead, you look for those drugs!". I should mention that I didn't smoke or drink but isn't that a beeotch, "you look suspicious because you've got long hair and a leather jacket", good ole' Warren Michigan, the once great city in Michigan, now its a DUMP!

The 2nd one involved window tint, it was and is illegal in Michigan still, nice way to stimulate the economy there home state! I had a 78' Caprice Classic and I had already been busted for window tint and had it removed, so it was a hot day and while in a turn lane I put it in park, leaned over and rolled down the window. I then see a Warren cop, yeah, that city of Warren again, make a U turn in the middle of Ryan road and then pull me over, ###. I asked the cop what the problem was and he said to me "look A-hole, I saw what you did, rolling the windows down when you saw me!". This is where its fun, he tells me to get out of the car and I show him the windows aren't tinted, so I roll up the p/s window and then the Mensa member says, "well, roll up the other one, yeah, I'm going to remove the tint from just 1 side window....A-hole to the tenth degree AND stupid to boot! Once I did that he apologized to me and gave me his badge number and I said to him "yeah right, like someone is going to believe the long haired guy over the honorable officer" and I just drove away.

They always cover their own too but everyone knows that, right!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Was this in the U.S. or U.S.S.RWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    In Soviet Russia... tint removes you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    In Soviet Russia... tint removes you!

My buddy always told me his Grandma was Russian.

I would always ask: What's her hurry? (Yeah, I know.......... stop with the eye rolls).

On topic, I had the opportunity to give this wonderful lady and her service dog a ride home today after she dropped her truck off at the dealer.

I guess "service dog" isn't the PC term, but she served in Iraq and that is how she described him.

I did not initiate any conversation other than niceties, but she elaborated that the dog has helped her cope with PTSD.

I thought it was cool, and thought the AGO crowd would as well.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes oneheadlite, minerigger, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, I was the driver of this car today.

We went all the way upstate to pick up a new Explorer, all the way back, and I was 5 minutes away from the dealership on a 4 lane highway.

A school bus stopped in the other 2 lanes, and so did everyone else except the 21year old girl behind me. She hit me at a dead stop going 60mph.

I seem to be ok, all x-rays/scans were negative. But I’m so sore I can’t really stand up or walk without extreme pain.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today non-detailing related?

But I missed my text Mr.

On a serious note I hope you recover and don’t have any health issues. Looks gnarly

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about that, Paul What did you do today non-detailing related?

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

We went all the way upstate to pick up a new Explorer, all the way back, and I was 5 minutes away from the dealership on a 4 lane highway.

A school bus stopped in the other 2 lanes, and so did everyone else except the 21year old girl behind me. She hit me at a dead stop going 60mph.

I seem to be ok, all x-rays/scans were negative. But I’m so sore I can’t really stand up or walk without extreme pain.

OMG Paul!

I'm so sorry to see this, VERY scary but I hope you go back to the doctors very soon and get re-checked out because you know what they say about the next days afterwards!! This is exactly why I always tell my wife to leave room infront of you and/or have an escape plan, it's scary out there with Twitter and all the other BS people are doing besides driving.

I know you'll keep us updated but take care of YOU, please!!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    OMG Paul!

I'm so sorry to see this, VERY scary but I hope you go back to the doctors very soon and get re-checked out because you know what they say about the next days afterwards!! This is exactly why I always tell my wife to leave room infront of you and/or have an escape plan, it's scary out there with Twitter and all the other BS people are doing besides driving.

I know you'll keep us updated but take care of YOU, please!!

Yeah, I'm hip on defensive driving. Unfortunately, I had just come to the stop and didn't even have a split second to check my rearview.

About 3-4 seconds before, I checked the RV, and no one was within 100 yards of me.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Paul, that looks intense.
    Hope it doesn't rear its ugly head for you but to be safe you better call Saul.

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

WOW Paul!

Hope you recovers without any problems from this accident. Take the time it takes to feeling better before doing any heavy physical activities.

Man the life can change fast and even you are not responseble or is able to do anything about it when it happens.

Take care!

/ Tony

16. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 55 of 351 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast