autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    In golf gps is super awesome. This gives you distances to the front, back , and middle of the green. Carry distances to cover hazards etc. You can measure you shots with it as well.

Many people use gps apps on their phones or watches. This has it built in. No app needed but it does sync with phone app too if you’d like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    That is pretty cool. Ive been out of the golf game for some years now...times have changed a bit

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Installed some Conti DWS06's on the RedSport

Approved a quote for an APR Stage 1 ECU and TCU flash for the GLI. Also getting the upgrade coil packs and plugs with a higher heat range as recommended by APR. All told out the door $1398 for a gain of roughly 80hp and 70ft-lbs at the crank. Not bad for a one hour appointment. I had a tuned TDI Golf years ago and wow what a torque monster that became. Gained a bit of fuel economy as well, just clogged my EGR cooler. My GTI was never tuned because I didn't feel like upgrading the clutch, but since the GLI is a DSG that isn't a worry. The DSG can handle quite a bit or torque.

I saw a Throttle House video with a 2.0T Accord Sport stomping on my car and decided it was finally time to pull the trigger. Took some shmoozing the wife, but I got her
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Approved a quote for an APR Stage 1 ECU and TCU flash for the GLI. Also getting the upgrade coil packs and plugs with a higher heat range as recommended by APR. All told out the door $1398 for a gain of roughly 80hp and 70ft-lbs at the crank. Not bad for a one hour appointment. I had a tuned TDI Golf years ago and wow what a torque monster that became. Gained a bit of fuel economy as well, just clogged my EGR cooler. My GTI was never tuned because I didn't feel like upgrading the clutch, but since the GLI is a DSG that isn't a worry. The DSG can handle quite a bit or torque.

I saw a Throttle House video with a 2.0T Accord Sport stomping on my car and decided it was finally time to pull the trigger. Took some shmoozing the wife, but I got her
    Were you able to take advantage of their spring sale they've got going?

I'm going to be changing cars for the first time in 9 years, and they have software for the next car. Going to be getting a 2016 A6 2.0t (quattro of course). While I'm still waiting to take possession of it while the current owner finds their replacement, I've been really tempted to talk to our local APR rep and purchase the software during the sale just to have the option at the ready. This car gets +69hp +88tq with the 91 octane tune.

During my time at the Audi dealership I ran into issues with various other tuners, but APR has always been solid.

5. Likes Klasse Act, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Were you able to take advantage of their spring sale they've got going?

I'm going to be changing cars for the first time in 9 years, and they have software for the next car. Going to be getting a 2016 A6 2.0t (quattro of course). While I'm still waiting to take possession of it while the current owner finds their replacement, I've been really tempted to talk to our local APR rep and purchase the software during the sale just to have the option at the ready. This car gets +69hp +88tq with the 91 octane tune.

During my time at the Audi dealership I ran into issues with various other tuners, but APR has always been solid.
    I got the 10% discount, yes

I too never saw problems on customers cars while at VW. APR and Unitronic seem fairly reliable. My TDI had the Unitronic flash as APR didn't have one for the common rail at the time(not sure if ever). The shop did confirm you can no longer interact with the Stage 1 tune. It used to be you could use the wiper stalk to change settings and what not. Now Stage 1 is a sealed deal. Want more? Get a downpipe lol.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

7. Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to cancel the appointment to have my car tuned.... As fate would have it my wife got an email this morning at 8:58 that she and eleven others were being let go. So I canceled the appointment to save the nearly $1400. Sucks...so close. But I guess it is better than handing over the $1400 and finding out the day after. I wondered when her cushy 100% remote job would fail her....seemed too good to be true. Made more than me, got more holidays than me, and got to control the thermostat. I was jealous! Maybe I can catch the Labor Day sale....she will more than likely have another gig by then.

Post Thanks / Like

Had to cancel the appointment to have my car tuned.... As fate would have it my wife got an email this morning at 8:58 that she and eleven others were being let go. So I canceled the appointment to save the nearly $1400. Sucks...so close. But I guess it is better than handing over the $1400 and finding out the day after. I wondered when her cushy 100% remote job would fail her....seemed too good to be true. Made more than me, got more holidays than me, and got to control the thermostat. I was jealous! Maybe I can catch the Labor Day sale....she will more than likely have another gig by then.
    Sorry to hear the news (Obviously the wife part, not the tuning!). Hopefully she's on to the next thing in short order and you're in a comfortable place so it's not super stressful until then.

10. Thanks PouncingPanzer thanked for this post
    Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Sorry to hear the news (Obviously the wife part, not the tuning!). Hopefully she's on to the next thing in short order and you're in a comfortable place so it's not super stressful until then.
    Thanks! We have saved quite a bit over the last two years and could comfortably get by for about 3 months if we both lost our jobs so it could be worse. She should be able to find one soon, I'm hopeful anyways. She has a lot of experience in IT and Cisco systems so plenty of jobs out there. I'm not looking forward to working OT but it will help ease the nerves. Sometimes a ten hour day just drags and drags. But anything for my family.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

12. Likes oneheadlite, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about both.

14. Thanks PouncingPanzer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

measure twice cut once.. checking on the length of these gift super-pro Volvo end links this morning. Was concerned as to if they can be adjusted the correct length as indicated by Rockauto. However, Rockauto seems to indicate that the Connect links can range anywhere from 11.6 inches to 13.9 inches. I suspect that once the 28mm sway bar is in hand, we'll make the adjustments then. Also the sway bar has two adjustment holes located at the end of the bar. We'll prob start off with the mild or loose setting first just to see how this goes. The sway bar will be ordered next week from Netherlands.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the 4Runner at the oil change shop a couple of weeks back and they let me know that the CV boots on the inboard side of both front axles were ripped and puking grease

It’s a common curse when you lift a 4Runner or Tacoma

The rig has 186,000 on it so it’s got some wear and tear

I ordered boot kits and new front brakes as well since they were original although they actually weren’t down to the wear detectors yet

I got the axle out of the drivers side and rebuilt and got it all back together with the new brakes and I got all my tools moved over to start the passenger side later today

At 67 and working on the floor I am not setting any speed records but it is what it is

I will degrease and pressure wash the gunk off the A arm and stuff after I finish, I knew I would have some gear oil drips when I pulled the axle and the gunk wasn’t in the way of the repair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 275 of 353 FirstFirst ... 175225265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285325 ... LastLast