autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Very quiet at work today, so I got on the tools and continued with my renovation of the fernery.

Again, I stripped away stock displayed in front of this section, allowing me to reform the boarder with larger rocks and blending in the gravel path. To display plants, I put flat sections of slate with smaller stones around them to blend it all together. When the warmer weather arrives, I want to add some color to all of the green via Impatiens and Coleus.

I'm enjoying this job, done all at once I would be hating it, but just chipping away at it when time allows is really fun. And it helps the day go quicker.
    My next installment of this renovation continued today around the waterfall.

This section had been overrun with a plant I absolutely hate, Acorus Gramineus or Sweet Flag. This plant is generally grown in water or waterlogged soil and is extremely tough. It's also apparently edible and extremely nutritious, I don't care because it stinks and is horrible to remove.

Today a dug-out sections of the Acorus that had clogged up the flow of water, reprofiled the edges and topped with more stones.

I only have the small section under the waterfall and a couple of spots to the back of it left to do.

2. Likes Tasmania, Big Dave, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to the golf driving range, first time for a few weeks, since getting covid, and it tells, I was a bit inconsistent, my back was a little tight. As usual I was trying to hit it too hard

Went to one of my favourite fast food joints for lunch afterwards, Oporto. Had a Double Bondi burger, regular chips, two chicken strips with lemon and herb sauce, and a diet coke.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

4. Likes Jayfro, DFB, Tasmania, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Replaced the bathroom fan grille and lens assembly. Plastic. Grille was just desegrated. Eye sore for months. Today was the day. In the process, must have got 20 years of dirt and crud out from behind the assembly. Holy crap that was fast shipping! Ordered Friday. Here today.

And Today's project was replacing a bad dimmer switch in one of the bedrooms.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

6. Likes dgage, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Installed an aftermarket module on my Accord to enable AUTO Windows UP:

One feature of my Audi S4 that I missed was the ability to use a laptop and a small software app to configure many different things on the car. One of which the car does from the factory is open the windows and roof from the key fob. HOWEVER, you needed to re-program it to close them UP with the Key Fob. No such software hack exists for Hondas in the US.

Fast Foward to a few cars later, the Honda Accord has had the windows down feature for 20+ years but by regulation in the US Hasn't ever had the ability to roll them up with the Key Fob or other means, thus entering the world of the aftermarket....

With a mere little plug-and-play control module that mounts inside the door connected to the factory window controls, now I can use the Key Fob, Touch Sensor on the door or even Honda Link to not only start, lock, unlock, but now Ensure all the windows are closed up too. 😎

No more being out and about on a hot day when rain is approaching and having to return to the car to close my roof or windows which had been venting off hot air. Now from anywhere, I can use the Honda Link app, or simply stand within range and use the Key Fob.

What did you do today non-detailing related?-screenshot_20220813-185127_hondalink-jpg
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

8. Likes MisterSnoop, dgage, bbmach, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Installed an aftermarket module on my Accord to enable AUTO Windows UP:
    Slick. I didn't know I needed that until now.

10. Likes dgage, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A little surprise for me when attending to my own garden this afternoon, the two Camellia's I planted last year are in flower.

One of my favorites, and one I remember from my grandmother's garden, Betty Sheffield Supreme. I absolutely adore the variegation in the flowers -

And Guilio Nuccio produces large, sometimes semi-double flowers.

If I had sufficient shelter in this garden, I would have many more Camellia Japonica's. Varieties including Helenor, Emperor of Russia Variegated, Margaret Davis, C.M Wilson and Carter's Sunburst would be at the top of my wish list.

12. Likes Big Dave, BudgetPlan1, dgage, Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First oil change on the Mustang 750is today -

This mower has just about paid for itself, I have been using the most lately. I like to change the oil very early on mowers, running them for a few weeks, dump the oil and then consider it "ran in".

I am completely ignoring Briggs and Stratton's recommendation of "No-Oil-Change-Required". These engines are at the cheaper end of the Briggs lineup and don't have cast iron bores like the bigger 850 or DOV series, or the Honda GXV160, so fresh oil is important. The oil that came out of it was already discolored, so getting it out along with any possible metal fragments makes sense to me.

I'm also really appreciating the quietness of this engine; it would have to be the quietest lawn mower I have ever had.

And yes, I have already given the governor a slight tweak for a few more revs. Not a lot, I like to think I'm mechanically sympathetic, but enough to make it sound like its actually achieving something. It's also nicely responsive to the throttle, something the later side-valve engines lost towards the end of their run.

14. Likes Big Dave, PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

6 month annual dental x-rays and cleaning...

16. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    6 month annual dental x-rays and cleaning...
    Sounds like great fun, better than having no teeth though.

18. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Walked the dogs, took this pic, apparently the colours due to the volcanic eruption near Tonga last year.

20. Likes Tasmania, DFB, dgage liked this post
Page 213 of 352 FirstFirst ... 113163203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223263313 ... LastLast