autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Wife's Jeep turned out to be a lemon and is in the buyback process so she decided to replace it with this today.

Kia has really done a good job with the Telluride, it drives great!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Eldorado2k, DFB, MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Wife's Jeep turned out to be a lemon and is in the buyback process so she decided to replace it with this today.

Kia has really done a good job with the Telluride, it drives great!

At 1st glance I thought it was a Range Rover, and my 1st thought was “aren’t Range Rovers sort of known to be a bit finicky and some would even say high maintenance”?

I thought maybe you were trolling to see if you’d wind up with another lemon. Lol. But then I realized it’s a Kia. Nice, glad you got what wanted.What did you do today non-detailing related?

4. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today non-detailing related?

I went to get an oil change today at the same mom & pop shop I always go to change my oil… It’s been 2yrs. now since I bought this Cadillac and I’ve only put 6,000 miles on it.
    I’m actually very surprised the miles have been so low. 1st time in my life I’ve driven this low amount of miles.

Miles the day I bought it:

Miles today: [actually earlier this week, but I like the picture]

As usual, I wound up nearly detailing the car inside & out, including under the hood, because I like to make a good impression anytime a mechanic touches my car.

The lady who does the paperwork was checking out my car and said “you must not take this car out much? Stays in the garage”?

I said “oh it drives everyday, I just wash it all the time” lol.

6. Likes chilly, DFB, Jayfro, 2black1s, PaulMys and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    At 1st glance I thought it was a Range Rover, and my 1st thought was “aren’t Range Rovers sort of known to be a bit finicky and some would even say high maintenance”?

I thought maybe you were trolling to see if you’d wind up with another lemon. Lol. But then I realized it’s a Kia. Nice, glad you got what wanted.What did you do today non-detailing related?
    Lol funny thing is my wife wanted a Range Rover and I had to remind her that they spend more time at the dealer than her Jeep, so we got the Range Rover look alike lol.

8. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to the gun range today, A good friend took me
    We were shooting at a distance of 25 meters .22 cal P22
    10 round magazine, just plinking

10. Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished most of the shortblock for my garage rebuild. Went well for the most part once I figured out the trick to my cheap piston ring compressor.

Should be able to finish up the longblock this week and possibly start the engine swap this weekend.

12. Likes DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally placed an order for a PS5.

Post Thanks / Like

Engine swap complete. Still need to put everything else back in (accessories, exhaust.....etc), but the engine and transmission are in.

15. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This could also go in the detailing thread as it will benefit my detailing endeavors but this thread seemed more appropriate. Just finalized an order to have my garage floor fitted with Swisstrax.

I'm going to state at the beginning that I spend a lot of time in my garage, both for pleasure and for business. An in that I mean both detailing and using it as base for my gardening business, so I'm either playing with cars or loading/unloading or servicing equipment. For a place I spend so much time, I want it to be a place to enjoy.

The concrete floor in my garage has been painted twice since the home was built in the mid 2000's. I hate painted concrete, it just does not last and I would have preferred to have never painted it in the first place. As it stands, the paint has been slowing peeling away, looking worse and worse each day and driving me nuts. Even a family member who doesn't really care about such things commented on the state it is in.

These pics are from late last year, it's worse now, especially in the places I work from.

I have looked into a number of options over a long time now. I want this to be a long term solution that can allow me work on and look great for years to come. A re-painted finish is not something I want to go through again and again. A polished or Epoxy finish was ruled out mainly due to mess and work involved, not to mention finding someone who could do that work in my area. I have also read a lot about failed Epoxy being expensive to fix, if it can be fixed at all.

So that lead me to floor tiles. I'm not a big fan of checker plate or the dot matrix designs, ruling out a large amount of possible options. I also did not want felt or rubberized tiles. As is customary, I always seem to land on the more expensive option. And also as usual, the amount of options and places to purchase from here in Australia is limited, so that of course means everyone just names their price.

I chose Swisstrax due to it's durability, ability to hide dirt, it's ease of cleaning when required, easy install with minimal preparation and most importantly, for the look. The local distributor has been most helpful, and although I had a plan drawn by a family member, they have supplied me with drawings and the amount I should need. This is not a typical home garage, the left hand walls are actually the boundary fence meaning the total width is generous and allows for storage and work areas. This space houses four cars with the two spaces closest to the garage door being where I detail. I also have my sink and cabinets located on the front right. That all means a huge space to cover and more tiles to buy.

Those above drawings have since been modified but the finished result of grey tiles with a black boarder will remain. Similar to below -

This is a very large investment for me. With the amount of time I spend in the garage, the amount of time I spend working on the floor, I feel the investment is worth it. People will question the choice of spending so much on a garage floor, to that I say how much dose that person spend on alcohol or cigarettes in a year? How much was that overseas holiday? How much was that backyard pool? To me, I will get so much enjoyment from it and feel proud of the way it will look.

So what was drawing the look of the whole garage down will soon be a visual feast. Now, the waiting game for it to arrive in stock. So excited!

Post Thanks / Like

Not questioning this at all! I think it is a great decision and investment!
    Looking forward to seeing this installed!

Good luck!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

18. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 175 of 353 FirstFirst ... 75125165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185225275 ... LastLast