autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Finished the bike rack glue-up and then decided to whip up a wall mount bracket for my new Rupes Mille.

Attachment 72627 Attachment 72628 Attachment 72629

Not sure yet if I'm going to rework my existing polisher rack to add the Rupes Polisher to it, or just hang it as a stand-alone right around the corner. The existing rack might become too crowded with the Rupes. We'll see.

Attachment 72630
    Been meaning to ask about your table saw, but I think I just caught a glimpse. Delta Contractor with a modified Biesemeyer fence?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Been meaning to ask about your table saw, but I think I just caught a glimpse. Delta Contractor with a modified Biesemeyer fence?
    It's a Hitachi C10FL (contractor saw) that I bought new. I bought a second unit used on Craiglist for parts. I took those spare fence rails to expand the current saw to 52 inch capacity right of the fence. Obviously, I also had to build the extension table to the right.

The fence is the standard Hitachi that I modified with urethaned MDF. The standard fence is extruded aluminum and it was ok but there was a slight bow in the aluminum so you could never get it truly square to the table. The MDF cover I built for it corrects that.

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a Hitachi C10FL (contractor saw) that I bought new. I bought a second unit used on Craiglist for parts. I took those spare fence rails to expand the current saw to 51 inches right of the fence. Obviously, I also had to build the extension table to the right.

The fence is the standard Hitachi that I modified with urethaned MDF. The standard fence is extruded aluminum and it was ok but there was a slight bow in the aluminum so you could never get it truly square to the table. The MDF cover I built for it corrects that.
    Well thank God that is straightened out. It was killing me.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I fired up the paint booth and painted some doors for my neighbor’s shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

6. Likes DETAILROOKIE, dgage, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Painted the concrete block in the garage and had the rest of the garage touched up again. Next step is paint the door black and wait for the Swisstrax floor to be installed in a couple of weeks. It is coming together slowly but surely.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

8. Likes DFB, minerigger, PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished the bike rack glue-up and then decided to whip up a wall mount bracket for my new Rupes Mille.

Attachment 72627 Attachment 72628 Attachment 72629

Not sure yet if I'm going to rework my existing polisher rack to add the Rupes Polisher to it, or just hang it as a stand-alone right around the corner. The existing rack might become too crowded with the Rupes. We'll see.

Attachment 72630
    Finished the wall rack for the new Rupes Mille. I opted to mount it around the corner as you can see in the pic.

What did you do today non-detailing related?-20210305_171420resized-jpg

10. Likes DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally had a day off sorta. Got the door roller for the wife’s van so went at it. Pulled taillight, pulled panel, used rags under floor jack to support door and removed old part. Cleaned up the track, massaged the bent and damaged areas back to straight and then got out a sander with scotch rite discs to fix the inside of the track where it was damaged and steel was galled. All smooth. Put some white lithium spray grease on the track and reassembled everything. Adjusted the brackets so it closes flush, level and tight. So smooth and no issues. Much better and wife is happyWhat did you do today non-detailing related?-img_1711-jpg
    What did you do today non-detailing related?-img_1714-jpg
    What did you do today non-detailing related?-63684996101__6dfd4c57-7802-4c44-bbdf-39ef0a35b9af-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes dgage, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

went with the nephew today to buy some new tires. surprised that some tire shop(s) don't pay attention to directional tires and mount them accordingly...

14. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    went with the nephew today to buy some new tires. surprised that some tire shop(s) don't pay attention to directional tires and mount them accordingly...
    I do car fixing for a living. Don’t get me started on the things you see other shops let leave their door...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I do car fixing for a living. Don’t get me started on the things you see other shops let leave their door...
    a young lady stopped by and had a slow leak she wanted checked out. she was having to put air in one tire every four days. the cost of a flat repair was $15 (nail inside). she asked if they had any used inexpensive tires (with a good amount of tread left) and the technician was able to help get her one for $30. that's when he mentioned why the tires were so worn and mounted backwards (all the technicians here are aware of this when mounting tires). she mentioned she was on a budget and would come back to get another next month. i walked over to the technician mounting the one tire and asked if he had another for the other side and so I helped her out and bought another so she didn't have to come back later. the look alone of how grateful she was made me glad to help out and hopefully made her day a little better...

Page 156 of 345 FirstFirst ... 56106146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166206256 ... LastLast