autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 353 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    My DTS has 125,000 miles.
    Seville has 185,000 miles.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like you know what you’re talking about.
    Yeah, I'd probably just consider the fluid "lifetime" at this point (lifetime of the trans).

Detailing is just an aspirational hobby for me (I aspire someday to have the time to have detailing be my hobby instead of just reading/researching/learning about it...). Fixing cars is the career.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    80 miles one way is a pretty decent trip. Definitely post pics of the detail you do there!
    I want to polish his Honda Accord, not his Jeep Cherokee. Lol.

The Honda’s white, the Jeep is black. He keeps his Honda pretty clean so it won’t be a dramatic transformation, but the small difference will be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Yeah, I'd probably just consider the fluid "lifetime" at this point (lifetime of the trans).

Detailing is just an aspirational hobby for me (I aspire someday to have the time to have detailing be my hobby instead of just reading/researching/learning about it...). Fixing cars is the career.
    Good, saves me the money and worry about whether they’re gonna do it right... Mechanics stress me out. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

The Honda’s white, the Jeep is black. He keeps his Honda pretty clean so it won’t be a dramatic transformation, but the small difference will be worth it.
    Keep in mind Honda paint is soft. I’m more careful than usual just wiping mine.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Keep in mind Honda paint is soft. I’m more careful than usual just wiping mine.
    HD Speed. Just a quik polish. Nothing crazy. What did you do today non-detailing related?

Post Thanks / Like

Good, saves me the money and worry about whether they’re gonna do it right... Mechanics stress me out. Lol
    You and me both, man. Having seen the work some people do, I have serious trust issues letting people touch my stuff (obviously non-car related stuff).

Obviously there's good people out there, it's just worrying if you've found them for whatever you need done.

It's frustrating going through life doing the best job you can do, on each job you do; then running into so many times where it's clear to see whoever did job X (whatever it may be) was only worried about completing whatever task was agreed upon. Does that make sense?

7. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    You and me both, man. Having seen the work some people do, I have serious trust issues letting people touch my stuff (obviously non-car related stuff).

Obviously there's good people out there, it's just worrying if you've found them for whatever you need done.

It's frustrating going through life doing the best job you can do, on each job you do; then running into so many times where it's clear to see whoever did job X (whatever it may be) was only worried about completing whatever task was agreed upon. Does that make sense?
    Dude that makes complete sense. I couldn’t said it better.

I’d be the same with trusting someone to detail/polish my car if I didn’t know how to do it. There’s alot if hacks out there + old school detailers ready to take a rotary and some antiquated compound to a modern vehicle.

9. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you ever change the transmission fluid?
    We did a trans service at 30, 40 and 50K right off the bat and a couple times after that. It's going to be done this spring for sure. There's no filter, so you just undo the plug and about 3 quarts comes out. Hectour and I have done this service as the dealership charges $100, just not a hundred dollar service IMO and because it's so easy, we've just done it. The next oil change @205K will be done at Hectours, along with the trans service, Mobil 1 will go in the engine, it's been too long since its had the good stuff put in!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I change trans fluid in my vehicles. I do it every 35-50k. My truck actually gets a spin on filter every oil change, so 5k. It also has a lift pump so I have 3 fuel filters to change. It gets full synthetic oil every 5k. I’ve also put more in my truck that most do for a car.

You can get the fluid changed but I highly recommend a drain and fill. If it has a spin on or internal filter I’d recommend dropping the pan and changing that and then plan on changing that maybe 5k later. They are tougher than we all think.

The other one I see neglected is the differentials and transfer cases. Wow do those get ignored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I slammed together a pedestal stand for a Himalayan salt rock my daughter gave me for Christmas.

I had no idea what was in the bag besides something heavy. It looked like a big ham.
    I asked her why she got me a big chunk of meat.

I can feel the negative ions in the air already!!
    Whether they work or not who cares. This one works because my daughter got it for me.

My spirit is more robust than a few days ago when I had absolutely no idea what a Himalayan salt rock was.

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 14 of 353 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast