autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you own any Bitcoin?

Yeah that would be a pain to cash in, but I would love to have the issue of figuring out how to cash in my billions of dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

same here, just heard another story of a who lost out on millions because of computer issues. someone else did mention a new "bitcoin" but its real as in you an hold it. I'm looking into blockchains now

Post Thanks / Like

It’s really interesting stuff, I think we have only scratched the surface of blockchains potential.

I’m waiting for ethereum to catch on. It’s similar to bitcoin but it has “smart contracts or peer to peer contracts.” While bitcoin started these contracts it’s really restrictive, ethereum frees this up.

Smart contracts can:

Function as 'multi-signature' accounts, so that funds are spent only when a required percentage of people agree

Manage agreements between users, say, if one buys insurance from the other

Provide utility to other contracts (similar to how a software library works)

Store information about an application, such as domain registration information or membership records.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you and am also looking into it along with ripple.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It'll never be used as real from of currency. Think of it this way. If you have a $100 benjamin today and wake up tomorrow and it's deflated to $50.00 what are you going to do. Why would a car dealership take a bitcoin payment worth $13,000 today and tomrrow it's lost 10-15, 20% of it's value? Why would any legitmate busiess risk the volatility of it for taking payments. Delta Airlines? Yeah, they could go bankrupt when bitcoin loses 50% of it's value. What goes up must come down. This is a bubble and all the people who missed out are driving the price up. Sooner or later they will want to cash in for real currency, then, wham, it'll crash and fast.

It's great for people who want to speculate and hope they make it big, but it's not a bar of gold either. Like a guy said on CNBC, gold has been around for thousands of years and it's a tangible asset. What is some alleged currency in cyber space? I hope it all works out for those willing to risk their money, but I'll never regret not getting in on it either.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    It'll never be used as real from of currency. Think of it this way. If you have a $100 benjamin today and wake up tomorrow and it's deflated to $50.00 what are you going to do. Why would a car dealership take a bitcoin payment worth $13,000 today and tomrrow it's lost 10-15, 20% of it's value?

It's great for people who want to speculate and hope they make it big, but it's not a bar of gold either. Like a guy said on CNBC, gold has been around for thousands of years and it's a tangible asset. What is some alleged currency in cyber space? I hope it all works out for those willing to risk their money, but I'll never regret not getting in on it either.
    Have you not seen what major companies are now or set to accept it? It is a form a payment, hell they even have ATMs now for you to withdraw from. Have you heard of crypto kitties?? A buddy just sold one for 20k. As it's been said it's new and still has tons of potential, it's a huge money saver for banks as well. Granted I still have safes full of gold and silver bullion I'm always down to make more money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Have you not seen what major companies are now or set to accept it? It is a form a payment, hell they even have ATMs now for you to withdraw from. Have you heard of crypto kitties?? A buddy just sold one for 20k. As it's been said it's new and still has tons of potential, it's a huge money saver for banks as well. Granted I still have safes full of gold and silver bullion I'm always down to make more money.

And if I sold my house you really think I'd take payment in bitcoin or the mortgage company would, cmon. It's valuations are way too volatile.

I hope it all works out great for you, you can by me a drink with all your gains and tell me you told me so.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

And if I sold my house you really think I'd take payment in bitcoin or the mortgage company would, cmon. It's valuations are way too volatile.

I hope it all works out great for you, you can by me a drink with all your gains and tell me you told me so.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/16/bitc...al-estate.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Get back to me when Wells Fargo, Bank of America, US Bank and the rest of the big banks start taking bitcoin for payment on realestate sales, not some one off sale.

And wait until Uncle Sam starts regulating it. The IRS will want their fair share of the profits.

Like I said, it's great for speculators and you can defend it all you want. It's your money.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Get back to me when Wells Fargo, Bank of America, US Bank and the rest of the big banks start taking bitcoin for payment on realestate sales, not some one off sale.

And wait until Uncle Sam starts regulating it. The IRS will want their fair share of the profits.

Like I said, it's great for speculators and you can defend it all you want. It's your money.
    I see you viewpoint but also see you are not caught up with what's happening with it either, some that you named are on board and it's about to join the ranks of the stock exchange later this month

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.