autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why???

Post Thanks / Like

Why???

Why???

I do everything I can to keep my car like new. I've got serious back problems, but I'll still walk 1/4 mile or more to park where no one will park close to me. Everywhere I go I do this.

This morning I go to 7-11. They weren't busy. There was a car on my left, I parked far enough away so if they opened their door all the way it wouldn't hit my car. Three empty parking spots on my passenger side. I was in there less than a minute.

I come out there is a car parked about 18" from my passenger side, someone sitting in the passenger seat watching me try to check my door. There was enough room for me to get different angles to check it. So I pulled to the side of the parking lot to look.

Sure enough a little ding on my door, the first and only one and the car is 18 months old.

I got in my car to drive back over and confront them and they are tearing out of the parking lot. I started chasing them. They had about 1/4 mile head start. Nissan Murrano, my Camaro SS, yeah I was on their bumper in no time.

Then I thought about how many people are packing these days and backed off and let them go. Not worth getting shot over.

What is going through someone's mind when they see a car like mine and park so close they can't get out without hitting my car. And why would they not back up and move over a little when there is nothing on the other side of them.

Hopefully they at least got a good scare seeing that Camaro coming up on them that fast and will think twice before they do something so stupid next time.

It's nice to have a place to vent where people know how you feel.

2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why???

Hope a good PDR guy can take it out. I use my guy so much I should have stock in his company.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, why the HELL do they make the parking spots so small and narrow!!??
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Also, why the HELL do they make the parking spots so small and narrow!!??
    Parking is always a premium. Park on the left or right line for less dents.

Post Thanks / Like

It happened to me on my 2010, went to the dealership, a whole row of open parking spots, probably 12. Woman parks right next to me kid opens the back door and scrapes paint off my door handle. Then when I confront her she starts loud,y arguing with me. I wasn't having it. Long story short two cops ended up coming. I told the cop what happened, of course the woman is rudely saying it didn't. Cop opens he door slowly, and of course it's a perfect match with the damage on the vehicle. The look she gave that woman was priceless. lol Then if course the woman gets all nice. Cost her 125.00.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that buddy. I go out of my way as well. Too many idiots out there to avoid them all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I do everything I can to keep my
    car like new.

I've got serious back problems, but
    I'll still walk 1/4 mile or more to park
    wgphere no one will park close to me.
    Everywhere I go I do this.

This morning I go to 7-11.
    They weren't busy.

There was a car on my left, I parked far
    enough away so if they opened their door
    all the way it wouldn't hit my car. Three
    empty parking spots on my passenger side.

I was in there less than a minute. I come
    out there is a car parked about 18" from
    my passenger side, someone sitting in the
    passenger seat warptching me rptry to
    check my door.

[snip]...[/snip]

It's nice to have a place to vent
    where people know how you feel.
    I hear ya! And:
    This is exactly how both “Vic”, and
    I, feel about those kind of jerks:

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

8. Likes DaveT435, PaulMys, rangerbay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear about that Dave. you should of called 911 and read the license plate off to them and told them they are fleeing the scene after damaging your vehicle. it's hard to have anything nice these days and the, "if it's not mine what do i care" attitude that many people have. it doesn't just stop there, at the gym a few weeks ago i was putting my belongings in the locker when some guy had to choose the one almost right next to mine when there was nobody else in there and hundreds of other lockers to choose from. in any case, hopefully a PDR will be able to take the ding out and make it look like it was never there...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    I hear ya! And:
    This is exactly how both “Vic”, and
    I, feel about those kind of jerks:

Bob
    That was good Bob lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    sorry to hear about that Dave. you should of called 911 and read the license plate off to them and told them they are fleeing the scene after damaging your vehicle. it's hard to have anything nice these days and the, "if it's not mine what do i care" attitude that many people have. it doesn't just stop there, at the gym a few weeks ago i was putting my belongings in the locker when some guy had to choose the one almost right next to mine when there was nobody else in there and hundreds of other lockers to choose from. in any case, hopefully a PDR will be able to take the ding out and make it look like it was never there...
    I shouldn't have moved my vehicle, once I did that there wouldn't have been any way to prove it, there wasn't any paint transfer. The police here won't come if something happens in a parking lot unless someone was injured. The only reaso they came the other time was because the 911 operator heard the woman screaming.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.