autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why???

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Also, why the HELL do they make the parking spots so small and narrow!!??
    For the most part, parking spots in the US are HUGE. Go to other countries and you'll see what small spots mean. So many are tiny that you can't have an SUV or crossover, it just can't fit. When I go to Brazil to see my family it drives me nuts. Basically you have to choose which side of your car you want to open the door. You can't open both because it just won't fit. Depending on how bad the other driver parked, you have to enter via passenger side. In Europe it's the same or worse. No wonder most European cars fold their mirrors when locked.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I shouldn't have moved my vehicle, once I did that there wouldn't have been any way to prove it, there wasn't any paint transfer. The police here won't come if something happens in a parking lot unless someone was injured. The only reaso they came the other time was because the 911 operator heard the woman screaming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharply Dressed View Post
    Sorry to hear that buddy. I go out of my way as well. Too many idiots out there to avoid them all.
    Door dings are another reason why I hate people.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    For the most part, parking spots in the US are HUGE. Go to other countries and you'll see what small spots mean. So many are tiny that you can't have an SUV or crossover, it just can't fit. When I go to Brazil to see my family it drives me nuts. Basically you have to choose which side of your car you want to open the door. You can't open both because it just won't fit. Depending on how bad the other driver parked, you have to enter via passenger side. In Europe it's the same or worse. No wonder most European cars fold their mirrors when locked.
    That's so true! I live in Sweden and the parkingspaces is very small. If trucks and suvs were parked a side they would'nt get out from them. The smallest width of recommended is what is mostly used. And the biggest is rearly used. In the handicap spots and familyparkings is wider space. If you have children in their special car seat and would park in the regualar spots it can be most difficult to get them out of there. So dings is something you're gonna live with here. I could take a picture sometime to show you how narrow spaces we have.
    That so sad when it happens and people are so disrespectful. Hope you can get it fixed nicely.
    Why???-dsc_3902-jpg
    Here is my car parked at a gas station and is almost centered in the space.

Post Thanks / Like

Sucks for sure. Good news is for less than $75 you should be able to get a PDR Guy/Gal to fix it. I do the same in terms of parking far out there. I usually choose an end spot too. My only thing at the office is most end spots have trees and I hate parking under trees as they always drop some type of sap or something so there I go out to what I call the North 40 and make sure I'm very clear of anyone. No one except a coworker of mine, a fellow car guy, will park next to me.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

UGH! Sorry to read this post!

So many things to say, but glad you HOPEFULLY put some fear in to that putz.

It's so tough trying to find a safe place to park. Careless people, kids, etc... thank goodness for PDR.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

8. Likes DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the main reason why I virtually always park in an 'endcap' parking spot, pulled as far up to the curb as possible, so I can insure as much buffer space between my car and the next car over.

Seems like almost every time I decide "those two cars are fairly expensive and in good shape, so I should be okay to park between them just this one time," I end up regretting it in the end.. Seems that the people who own those cars either only give a dang about themselves and their own cars, or they just don't give a dang at all..

Now, where I work, in Scottsdale, there are a number of VERY nice and VERY expensive cars that I see parked each and every day in the outlying spots, and I have parked next to some of these on occasion when the lot is full, because I can tell that these people actually do give a dang..

10. Likes DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    That's so true! I live in Sweden and the parkingspaces is very small. If trucks and suvs were parked a side they would'nt get out from them. The smallest width of recommended is what is mostly used. And the biggest is rearly used. In the handicap spots and familyparkings is wider space. If you have children in their special car seat and would park in the regualar spots it can be most difficult to get them out of there. So dings is something you're gonna live with here. I could take a picture sometime to show you how narrow spaces we have.
    That so sad when it happens and people are so disrespectful. Hope you can get it fixed nicely.
    Why???-dsc_3902-jpg
    Here is my car parked at a gas station and is almost centered in the space.
    Are you anywhere near Falun??
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Are you anywhere near Falun??
    I live in the south and Falun is in the middle so 340miles from me.
    What connection do you have to Falun?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I live in the south and Falun is in the middle so 340miles from me.
    What connection do you have to Falun?
    I had a long time customer from there. He would come over about once a year and buy a lot of tires and wheels. About 15K a trip. Company was Texas Trading his name is Kenneth. I don't know if he's still in business. I had a back surgery, or three turn out badly and had to retire. He was a good guy.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.