autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 10 signs you are obsessed with detailing

I loved watching David Letterman and Johnny Carson as a kid. I enjoy(ed) Jay Leno too, but enjoy his car show/channels the most.

So in honor of David Letterman's Top 10 list, lets hear your, Top 10 signs you are obsessed with detailing.

Here is my list:

#10 When you turn on your computer, iPhone, iPad, the first thing you check isn't your email or the news. It's Autogeek Online or Autopia.

#9 You walk through a parking lot and your 3 and 5 year old point out how dirty and swirled out all the cars are.

#8. You expect everyone to just know what D156, M205, M105 and 3401 stand for with no additional information given.

#7. You have stopped a complete stranger in a public setting and given them unsolicited detailing advice.

#6. Your friends and family make fun of how obsessed you are with keeping your car clean. Instead of getting upset or angered, it makes you happy they notice and your time and effort has not gone to waste.

#5. Youtube has become a place where you watch others polish, detail, and wash cars, not only to learn new techniques, but it actually brings you some form of inner peace.

#4. You have spent 8-12 hrs detailing a car in one day, and get excited because you still have more work left on the same car tomorrow.

#3. You've researched everything there is to know about microfiber, and South Korea has now become the "Mecca of MF".

#2. Names like Mike Phillips, Jason Rose, Todd Helm, Larry Kosilla, Renny Doyle, Kevin Brown, Joe Fernandez, and Todd Cooperider have all become superstars in your world.

And the #1 sign you are obsessed with detailing:

All your friends and family are constantly asking "how much to detail my car?", you quote them a price, but in the back of you mind your thinking. "You fool! If you just left the car in my driveway with the keys, I'd detail it for free"

2. Likes fastbird96 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top 10 signs you are obsessed with detailing

LOL. I’m getting there. Everyone already says I’m obsessed but not every one of your 10 points is true for me. So I guess it’s not out of control yet
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

You're 1 of the first 10 people logged onto AGO once it came back online just now. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    I loved watching David Letterman and Johnny Carson as a kid. I enjoy(ed) Jay Leno too, but enjoy his car show/channels the most.

So in honor of David Letterman's Top 10 list, lets hear your, Top 10 signs you are obsessed with detailing.

Here is my list:

#10 When you turn on your computer, iPhone, iPad, the first thing you check isn't your email or the news. It's Autogeek Online or Autopia.

#9 You walk through a parking lot and your 3 and 5 year old point out how dirty and swirled out all the cars are.

#8. You expect everyone to just know what D156, M205, M105 and 3401 stand for with no additional information given.

#7. You have stopped a complete stranger in a public setting and given them unsolicited detailing advice.

#6. Your friends and family make fun of how obsessed you are with keeping your car clean. Instead of getting upset or angered, it makes you happy they notice and your time and effort has not gone to waste.

#5. Youtube has become a place where you watch others polish, detail, and wash cars, not only to learn new techniques, but it actually brings you some form of inner peace.

#4. You have spent 8-12 hrs detailing a car in one day, and get excited because you still have more work left on the same car tomorrow.

#3. You've researched everything there is to know about microfiber, and South Korea has now become the "Mecca of MF".

#2. Names like Mike Phillips, Jason Rose, Todd Helm, Larry Kosilla, Renny Doyle, Kevin Brown, Joe Fernandez, and Todd Cooperider have all become superstars in your world.

And the #1 sign you are obsessed with detailing:

All your friends and family are constantly asking "how much to detail my car?", you quote them a price, but in the back of you mind your thinking. "You fool! If you just left the car in my driveway with the keys, I'd detail it for free"
    Only numbers 10, 7, 5 are true for me. I guess I am not at the "guru" level yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting at a stop light and looking for swirls all over the car ahead of you...

Post Thanks / Like

Going to an auto show diminishes the joy due to seeing the swirled paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Great list. An alternative one is: You use terms like "lubricity" or "sheeting action" in every day conversation.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Going to an auto show diminishes the joy due to seeing the swirled paint.
    Yes!!! Or watching an auto auction on TV and being able to spot the swirled out paint on all the vehicles going across the stage.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome thread & list!! I love your #4. I would humbly add the following:

1. Your wife is now able to rank a car's paint condition from perfect/show car to clear coat failure, and she does so while walking through a parking lot.

2. Your wife knows the difference between a paint coating, sealant and wax.

3. You go through withdrawal anytime the weather prevents you from detailing (e.g. rain, cold winter temps etc.) You get in a bad mood, you get cranky (LOL)

4. Your wife now knows the proper way to wash your microfiber towels.

5. Watching your wife pull her freshly detailed car out of the garage into the rain (or snow) sends you into a state of depression.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO!!! So true! Well done and I salute you for your PERFECT statement!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast