autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite beer, if not a beer drinker, favorite beverage in general.

I looked it up, I am not one.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't drink much. When I do it's usually wine. I like beer, I just don't tend to drink it. Living in Portland my favorite is typically whatever new local beer I'm trying. One of my friends opened a cidery, so that's in the mix now as well.

Coffee (espresso) in the morning, water and herbal tea in the afternoon. I have a pretty good caffeine addiction going right now.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

3. Likes DogRescuer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I drink beer, but my favorite beverage is orange juice.

Coke sucks. Anything that literally makes you cringe while you drink it can't be good... And that's what happens when I drink a Coke because there's too much gas in it. Pepsi on the other hand is sweeter and you never have to stop mid chug to cringe.
    Pepsi>Coke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Sorry to have to ask, what the hell is a hipster?
    One of those guys who are in their 20's but dresses like they are 40. Beards and/or funky mustaches, short hair on the sides but coiffed on top, smoke cigarettes and drink coffee and PBR. Very trendy.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I drink beer, but my favorite beverage is orange juice.

Coke sucks. Anything that literally makes you cringe while you drink it can't be good... And that's what happens when I drink a Coke because there's too much gas in it. Pepsi on the other hand is sweeter and you never have to stop mid chug to cringe.
    Pepsi>Coke
    Two of my largest customers are orange juice producers, ever look at how many grams of sugar are in an 8 oz glass of OJ? And when does anyone just pour 8 ozs. LOL
    I don't touch the stuff.

For example:

The reality of the situation is that yes, a glass of orange juice does indeed contain some vitamin C, but that fact hardly outweighs the fact that O.J. is just loaded with sugar. A single 12 ounce glass of O.J. contains an incredible 9 teaspoons of sugar, about the same as a 12 ounce can of Coke! This equates to 36 grams of carbs, about half of what you should consume in a day.

Let’s do a little math. If a person were to drink just one glass of orange juice each day, that would mean that he or she would be consuming an extra 3,285 teaspoons (close to 70 cups) of sugar in a year or about 53,000 extra calories
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Two of my largest customers are orange juice producers, ever look at how many grams of sugar are in an 8 oz glass of OJ? And when does anyone just pour 8 ozs. LOL
    I don't touch the stuff.

For example:

The reality of the situation is that yes, a glass of orange juice does indeed contain some vitamin C, but that fact hardly outweighs the fact that O.J. is just loaded with sugar. A single 12 ounce glass of O.J. contains an incredible 9 teaspoons of sugar, about the same as a 12 ounce can of Coke! This equates to 36 grams of carbs, about half of what you should consume in a day.

Let’s do a little math. If a person were to drink just one glass of orange juice each day, that would mean that he or she would be consuming an extra 3,285 teaspoons (close to 70 cups) of sugar in a year or about 53,000 extra calories
    Yea I know... Just the other day while drinking a can of Kerns nectar I looked at the label and tripped out on the sugar content. And then I compared it to OJ and the fact that I can sometimes easily go through a whole gallon of OJ in a day. I sometimes go through a whole gallon during a full detail! Water just doesn't hit the spot sometimes [unless it's with a meal] I gotta be better...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yea I know... Just the other day while drinking a can of Kerns nectar I looked at the label and tripped out on the sugar content. And then I compared it to OJ and the fact that I can sometimes easily go through a whole gallon of OJ in a day. I sometimes go through a whole gallon during a full detail! Water just doesn't hit the spot sometimes [unless it's with a meal] I gotta be better...
    The first step is to recognize the issue and you've accomplished that. So, here's what you do, replace every other time you drink with a water. Buy some MIO water drops and use them to begin with until you can get used to straight water. Cuz sugar subs aren't good either but get off the sugar. Then do one clean bottle of water and one mio bottle of water. Eventually you'll end up in my water world. When I put that crap in my water I'm like eww, that's so sweet, I prefer my water
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    The first step is to recognize the issue and you've accomplished that. So, here's what you do, replace every other time you drink with a water. Buy some MIO water drops and use them to begin with until you can get used to straight water. Cuz sugar subs aren't good either but get off the sugar. Then do one clean bottle of water and one mio bottle of water. Eventually you'll end up in my water world. When I put that crap in my water I'm like eww, that's so sweet, I prefer my water
    Doesn't MIO contain sucralose or aspertine or some other cancer causing chemical? I ain't putting that stuff in my water.

My plan is to start squeezing half a lemon into my big mug of water. That'll at least give me a hint of good flavor..

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a great plan.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

11. Likes RBATTLE10 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not much of an alcohol drinker, I drink maybe 12 beers in a year. When I do, my favorite is Alexander Keith's Red Amber Ale.

As for soft drinks, I drink way too much of it, my favorite is Cherry Coke, but it's never available here in Montreal, close second is Dr. Pepper.

Since Dr. Pepper and Cherry coke is really bad for you, and I need to drink soft drinks, my go to is Iced Tea, usually Brisk's since it contains less sugar than the other brands, about half what you find in Colas.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast