autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Any mechanics here?

So lately I been dealing with a lot of issues with my car, currently am driving a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE. Sometime around March I had an issue in which the car threw me a P1336 code "Cranckshaft position sensor" the car had the symptoms of rough acceleration and fluxing idling. I took it to a mechanic in which he said it was the sensor that was located on the bell housing, went to Autozone got one and changed it. The car continue with the same symptons, went back to the auto store, got a new distributor and boom! The car started to work like a charm. A few months went by everything was fine until the past few weeks I plug the OBII and the Catalysis monitor was blinking. I sense that there was a pending code coming up and bam again P1336 but the car is running fine. Then I decided to plug in the OBII and bam P1336 and P0335, can someone here experience with Nissan can guide me with this. Some people be telling me tht I should of gone OEM with the sensor/distributor since imports are known break down short period of time with aftermarket parts. Any feed back will be appreciated.
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Any mechanics here?

Yes I agree you should get an OEM one. Quite a few friends of mine are mechanics and Toyotas in particular Are very sensitive about aftermarket parts. I'm sure Nissan is the same way, my friend said a car will come in the shop with all kinds of problems with aftermarket parts, they will swap out the parts with OEM ones and the problem goes away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any mechanics here?

Sounds like the crank sensor is working and just detecting a miss fire a lot of miss fires
    Find out what is causing the miss fire
    Vacuum leak spark plugs wires bad gas
    Do a little digging

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any mechanics here?

Well with a history of mechanics/technicians in my family, I am sorry to say that no phone call/forum post or simple OBDII reader is going to fix this that easy. brand of vehicle makes no difference in this situation. Why?

you are talking about a 20 year old vehicle that is and has a serious issue. could be as simple as neglected maintenance to a spark plug, to major engine damage! what you really need is someone with a capable scan tool that is willing to spend the time and effort do diagnose this correctly.

You will be throwing crank sensors/distributors and common issues etc... at this until until you are blue in the face. OEM/aftermarket parts may or may not come into play here.

The 2 codes you mention are crank sensor and crank sensor circuit codes of which there are hundreds reasons to pop up. just like this a good detailer pays attention to detailing your car a good mechanic will pay attention to fixing your car.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any mechanics here?

Ever figure this out? Nissan has issues with the distributor on the pathfinders that can throw crank sensor codes. Like the other person said the crank sensor detects the cylinder misfires. If distributor is good need to check the crank sensor, sensor wiring harness and harness plug.

Yeah, never put Autozone electrical parts in your car! They’re junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk