autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I am lost right now

Dave buddy, thats awesome news!!!

Man, condolences for the loss of your Brother. September is a suck Month for sure. The 5th marked 13 years since my Dad passed & 3 years since our Twins were born . . . a character filled little man named Benjamin but sadly our sweet baby Charlotte was still born.

I'm so stoked for Dude & of course you guys too. What a fantastic outcome. Absolutely love your dedication my friend!

Our little Pup Bleau the Bichon Frise has had his own time in the care of the Vet lately too. I'll post up the pictures & the story from the Vet.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

2. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what the Vet posted up on Facebook.

Meet Bleau who is a tough little Bichon Frise who has recently undergone the surgical removal of a lobe of his liver containing a tumour (a liver lobectomy).
    Bleau initially came to us because he was off colour with a distended abdomen. Blood tests showed that he had very high liver enzymes. Further investigation included an ultrasound which revealed a mass in his liver approximately 3.5cm in diameter. A fine needle aspirate sample was obtained guided by ultrasound to try and identify the mass.
    The pathologists report suggested that it was a nodular proliferation but a tumour could not be ruled out. An exploratory surgery with a full biopsy was discussed but the decision was made to try medical management and a special diet to support liver function.
    Unfortunately Bleau’s liver enzymes remained high some months later and an X-ray showed a relatively large mass on his liver. An ultrasound scan showed the mass had grown in size to 6.5 cm and was most likely a tumour.
    Bleau has very dedicated owners and the decision was made to take him to surgery to excise the mass. This involved removal of the right middle lobe of his liver which is not without risk in an elderly dog. The surgery was challenging due to the proximity of the mass to his gall bladder. Despite his age, Bleau came through the surgery very well and has continued to make a good recovery.
    The biopsy report identified the mass as a carcinoma of the liver. While these are malignant tumours, they tend to spread late rather than early in their development. Checks prior to and during surgery failed to reveal any evidence of spread of the tumour to any other organs. Survival statistics for Bleau are favourable and he will certainly enjoy an improved quality of life without his liver tumour.

Pretty happy to have our little woolly Pup back & running around like crazy again.

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

4. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Hammer77, Diner, VISITOR, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Positive thoughts for you, Heather and the Dude.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

6. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Well folks the last two days have been a roller coaster ride for me. Sept. 20 2018 marked the 10 year anniversary my brother Danny aka Lugnut died. He went for the last ride on his HD Fatboy, at least he went out doing what he loved! He is my older brother and only sibling. It was a bad day.

But Sept. 21 2018 was the best day I had in awhile!

It was time for Dudes year check up with his neurologist, well it ended up being a little over a year. To start off we found out that the doctors office moved from Ann Arbor to Farmington. Not a big deal just farther away, and it has been awhile since I have been on an expressway. I put the tach to the red a couple times, and saw a Lamborghini on US-23. So we got to the office.

Dr. Galle comes in to talk and checks Dude out. After doing some test he says "He looks normal to me", we asked what do you mean by normal. His reply was he wasn't seeing any symptoms like they saw 6 months ago, and he wants to start backing off the prednisone first to a half a pill every other day, instead of a whole pill every other day. If still going good after 6 months, he wants to lessen the Keppra too. Words can't explain how happy I am right now.

If your family member needs these types of doctors I highly recommend Dogwood Veterinary Referral Center. I would travel across the country if I had to for them, once there sometime ago I talked with people who came all the way from Arizona. They are great people!

Thanks for listening!
    Dave.

Plus the doctors are car guys. Dr. Holahan drives a sweet blue Z06 Corvette, and Dr. Galle has an awesome Ford Raptor!
    Very sorry about your brother Dave, but also am happy to here Dude is doing so well!
    Here's to many more months/years together!!!!!!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

8. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Likes Hammer77, Farmallluvr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

that's good news iam very happy for you and your family

10. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Well folks the last two days have been a roller coaster ride for me. Sept. 20 2018 marked the 10 year anniversary my brother Danny aka Lugnut died. He went for the last ride on his HD Fatboy, at least he went out doing what he loved! He is my older brother and only sibling. It was a bad day.

But Sept. 21 2018 was the best day I had in awhile!

It was time for Dudes year check up with his neurologist, well it ended up being a little over a year. To start off we found out that the doctors office moved from Ann Arbor to Farmington. Not a big deal just farther away, and it has been awhile since I have been on an expressway. I put the tach to the red a couple times, and saw a Lamborghini on US-23. So we got to the office.

Dr. Galle comes in to talk and checks Dude out. After doing some test he says "He looks normal to me", we asked what do you mean by normal. His reply was he wasn't seeing any symptoms like they saw 6 months ago, and he wants to start backing off the prednisone first to a half a pill every other day, instead of a whole pill every other day. If still going good after 6 months, he wants to lessen the Keppra too. Words can't explain how happy I am right now.

If your family member needs these types of doctors I highly recommend Dogwood Veterinary Referral Center. I would travel across the country if I had to for them, once there sometime ago I talked with people who came all the way from Arizona. They are great people!

Thanks for listening!
    Dave.

Plus the doctors are car guys. Dr. Holahan drives a sweet blue Z06 Corvette, and Dr. Galle has an awesome Ford Raptor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

This is what the Vet posted up on Facebook.

Meet Bleau who is a tough little Bichon Frise who has recently undergone the surgical removal of a lobe of his liver containing a tumour (a liver lobectomy).
    Bleau initially came to us because he was off colour with a distended abdomen. Blood tests showed that he had very high liver enzymes. Further investigation included an ultrasound which revealed a mass in his liver approximately 3.5cm in diameter. A fine needle aspirate sample was obtained guided by ultrasound to try and identify the mass.
    The pathologists report suggested that it was a nodular proliferation but a tumour could not be ruled out. An exploratory surgery with a full biopsy was discussed but the decision was made to try medical management and a special diet to support liver function.
    Unfortunately Bleau’s liver enzymes remained high some months later and an X-ray showed a relatively large mass on his liver. An ultrasound scan showed the mass had grown in size to 6.5 cm and was most likely a tumour.
    Bleau has very dedicated owners and the decision was made to take him to surgery to excise the mass. This involved removal of the right middle lobe of his liver which is not without risk in an elderly dog. The surgery was challenging due to the proximity of the mass to his gall bladder. Despite his age, Bleau came through the surgery very well and has continued to make a good recovery.
    The biopsy report identified the mass as a carcinoma of the liver. While these are malignant tumours, they tend to spread late rather than early in their development. Checks prior to and during surgery failed to reveal any evidence of spread of the tumour to any other organs. Survival statistics for Bleau are favourable and he will certainly enjoy an improved quality of life without his liver tumour.

Pretty happy to have our little woolly Pup back & running around like crazy again.

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    dave and aaryn, i couldn't be more pleased/happy for both of you that both Dude & Bleau are doing well! awesome!!

12. Thanks Aaryn NZ, Hammer77, LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, Hammer77, LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

update please... how's Dude doing?

14. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing, Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone! First off Visitor, so sorry I just seen this now, as we discussed in our PM's recently I was away from AGO for awhile pursuing other things. Since the weather is starting to break I am getting the detail itch, and am trying to get on here when I got a minute.

Yesterday we made the trip to see Dude's neurologist, its about 1 1/2 hours each way, which isn't bad and it gives Heather and I sometime to catch up on things. Even though we have lived together for 13 years, I have always worked 3rd shift, and she works like a normal person during the day, so we don't see each other that much.

As for Dude! The good Doc says everything is looking good no change in his meds and we go back in six months. On the daily he lounges a lot, gets plenty on snacks because he has got me under his spell and knows I cant say no to him. Still rides in the car at least twice a day, and still goes out everyday in search of his nemesis the mail lady, and he looses his cool every time!

See you soon in the detailing threads.

Dave

16. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Dave.

Awh geeze, I know that scenario. I sometimes cross paths with my Wife, & yeah - we do both reside in he same house.

Aaryn NZ.

18. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Likes Hammer77, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Thanks for the update Dave.

Awh geeze, I know that scenario. I sometimes cross paths with my Wife, & yeah - we do both reside in he same house.

Aaryn NZ.
    I think sometimes its a good thing, don't get on each others nerves. And when we do have time together we laugh a lot!

20. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast