autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I am lost right now

I need to vent. I am feeling a bit beat at the moment. I am 40 years old, I made a choice years ago to not have children, always felt it was never in the cards for me. But 9 years ago my girlfriend Heather and I adopted a son, he has 4 paws and black fur and is know as "The Dude". Little guy is my world, my buddy, he means more to me than anyone or anything on this planet. I love him so much! When we got him he was roughly 3, couldn't ask for a better pooch. Shortly after getting him found out he had heartworm, got that taken care of. Sometime after that something went on and had to take the late night ride to the ER in Ann Arbor. This past February he was acting strange, another trip to the ER, he had an enlarged prostate. Besides this, a healthy dog.

Yesterday shortly after I went to sleep in the late afternoon, Heather woke me up and said that Dude appeared to have had a series of seizures, he couldn't even walk. We got him to the ER asap, they admitted him and kept him over night for treatment and observation. Talk to the doctor at 5 am this morning, everything was going better, but the Doc thinks something effected the right side of his brain, as he tends to sway/stumble to the left. We went and picked him up a bit ago. It kills me to see him like this, hard to believe less than 24 hours ago he was normal. We already have an appointment with a neurologist in the morning to get an MRI done, so we shall see.

Honestly I am preparing for the worst. So if you pray please include my little guy in there, we need everything at this point. Thanks for letting me vent, I don't keep many friends in person, but feel I got friends here on AGO. I already feel better just sharing this.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I am lost right now

Hammer

You have my prayers and thoughts for the Dude, please keep us updated
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

3. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave,

Wow, man thats rough. My thoughts are with you my friend. The furry ones are definitely part of the family, we lost our 15 year old Bicheon last year & it left a massive hole.

All the best Dave.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

5. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hammer - thoughts and prayers are with "The Dude" Had to put down my beagle 15 years ago. But she is still remembered to this day. Now we have a daschund who is 13 years old and is showing his age. Don't know what we'll do when that day comes to put him down. Hoping "The Dude" will get better.

7. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i was in a similar situation a little over a year ago but with two so i know how you feel. hoping for nothing but the best...

9. Thanks Sharply Dressed thanked for this post
    Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I don't have kids either but we also have 4 pawed family members. They really do become out best friends. Hoping for the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

11. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Being lost is an understatement. It really hits home when its friends and famalies and our "kids"
    I will be praying and whatever God's will be in this situation, I pray for peace for you, your wife, and Dude.

If there is anything in the world you need, don't hesitate to reach out
    Get Detailed!

13. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. I have a 15 year old buddy, Kasey. He is beginning to have a hard time getting around, and started having accidents in the house. It breaks my heart. I tell people that there are only 3 things I care about dog car and wife. (Not a static order but currently correct)
    Add a pic so we can all marvel at your pal.
    Here is my buddy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's difficult to get your bearing in a time of crisis. Especially when time is of the essence.

I would try and schedule a consultation with Jill Tack of The Pet Beastro in Madison Hts. She might be able to direct you towards someone who does work similar to her that is closer to you.

She's done way more for our cats than the vet ever did.

The Pet Beastro - Feed better. Feel healthier. Live longer.The Pet Beastro | Feed better. Feel healthier. Live longer.

17. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My prayers go out to you, Heather and The Dude! I hope nothing for the best!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

19. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast