autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I am lost right now

So sorry to hear this. I hope things turn around. Watching your pet suffer like that is a terribly helpless feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by RottenII View Post
    My 8 year old Rott is dying of Lymphoma and I've been slowly watching him waste away. He is still a happy boy but I know the dreaded day will be here soon.
    Very sorry to read this. I feel badly for any pet that is sick, but I have a special fondness for labs and Rotties having had several of both. Rotts are generally amazing dogs that are misrepresented (I used to volunteer for a Rottie rescue).
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

2. Likes Farmallluvr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am lost right now

Dave, like you my wife and I have been together for 25 years. Our family is our 4 legged kids.

Our first dog (2011) was an ex/retired racer greyhound named Lizzy. A year later,we adopted another cutie brindle ex/retired-racer named Dreamer.

After 14 months "lil d" had a stroke (2014) and embolism. Without life support she could not live. We Spent hours (what seemed an eternity) in the ICU with her on life support.... When she heard my voice she came out of sedation. My wife was stronger than me.

Nine months later we adopted another ex/retired-racer Khaki. She's anything but khaki... white with black spots... her and Lizzy were best of buds.

Last August we got the awful news Lizzy had cancer. So now it's just us and Khaki. Khaki is with us today in AZ.

I know what your going through, it is the most painful experience for us dog lovers.

I know Lizzy and Dreamer are pulling for Dude and we are too...
    I pray for a speedy recovery... lots of walks and good treats for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Once again thanks for the continued support, sounds like we've all been down this road. I am sitting here watching tv in the dark, staying right here for him, his appointment is at 9:30am. I took some time and looked up the place we are taking him, from what I read it sounds top notch, and has me feeling positive.

Thanks again

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Wish you the best during this time.

To say it's tough is a big understatement. We have a fur baby that turns 17(!) this month and the 'thought' has been there for quite a long time-DAMN.

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

Please keep us posted. We are all pulling for you.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

As a fellow dog owner, I can definitely sympathize.

I hate to bring it up, but cancer/tumors are very common among dogs and those symptoms are strongly related. IF that is the case, there is hope. Look into essiac tea, which is known to be very effective for dogs. PM me if you want more info. I don't sell the stuff, but I know of good sources.

Post Thanks / Like

Really sorry to hear this bud. I have two dogs, cat and a horse and hate to see them when they are in pain. Just last week we had to bring my cat to the vet due to an open wound in his anal gland. Thankfully it looked worse than it was. Some pain meds and antibiotics.

My first dog whom I still have is my flat coated retriever Shelby. She's 13 and is starting to show some signs of age. limping around sometimes but still has the mindset of a pup but the body is slowing her down. We have had a couple incidents with here, luckily nothing too major. Same goes for my other dog Rodney. My wife and family already know that it's going to be a very bad day when it comes. Sending my prayers and well wishes for your fur baby.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Justin,

I know limping from aches and pains is something we expect with age, but you might be able to do something to help your dog feel a lot better. Look for a product called MSM. It's basically sulfur crystals that you mix with water and feed your dog (only about 1/2 tsp per cup of water... or mix it in with the food). It's used very regularly with horses to reduce inflammation, particularly in joints and tendons.

My 6 year old dog started limping about 6 months back and I found that stuff. After about two weeks of daily doses my dog was running around like crazy again and hasn't shown any signs of problems since, even tho I stopped the doses after about 4-6 weeks. I've even taken it myself to relieve some pains and it worked great with no issues (altho the stuff tastes terrible).

Just be sure to get stuff that's labeled "pure" and/or "no fillers". You can find it on Amazon or in most shops that sell horse tack. A tub of a couple pounds will cost about $10 and will last you years.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man...I can really feel what you're going through! My thoughts are with you.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post
    Justin,

I know limping from aches and pains is something we expect with age, but you might be able to do something to help your dog feel a lot better. Look for a product called MSM. It's basically sulfur crystals that you mix with water and feed your dog (only about 1/2 tsp per cup of water... or mix it in with the food). It's used very regularly with horses to reduce inflammation, particularly in joints and tendons.

My 6 year old dog started limping about 6 months back and I found that stuff. After about two weeks of daily doses my dog was running around like crazy again and hasn't shown any signs of problems since, even tho I stopped the doses after about 4-6 weeks. I've even taken it myself to relieve some pains and it worked great with no issues (altho the stuff tastes terrible).

Just be sure to get stuff that's labeled "pure" and/or "no fillers". You can find it on Amazon or in most shops that sell horse tack. A tub of a couple pounds will cost about $10 and will last you years.
    Yeah we give her a joint supplement like you mentioned. It helps a bit but a good full day of playing outside and she is laid up for a day or two after.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast