autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hard decision made tonight.

Thank you very much to all of you guys who took the time to reply. I read each and every word, and I feel blessed.

Yes, it was a hard morning. and just now at 6pm (feeding time), staring at that one empty bowl while filling the other 3 was tough to say the least.

Anyway, we'll get through it. And all of your words have made a rotten day a lot better.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I sadly know all too well about making this very hard decision. I feel for you and your wife. Please know it's the right decision. I hope all your memories of Koa bring you peace and comfort during this sad time.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I sadly know all too well about making this very hard decision. I feel for you and your wife. Please know it's the right decision. I hope all your memories of Koa bring you peace and comfort during this sad time.
    Thank you, Monica. Yeah, I made her smile a bit tonight bit by mentioning what a PITA Koa used to be at times when she was younger. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Although not a dog person per say I feel for you and your family without a doubt. Animals become a member of the family, more so in your case for sure!

Thoughts go out to you and yours during this VERY tough time 🙏

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Rog!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Thank you very much to all of you guys who took the time to reply. I read each and every word, and I feel blessed.

Yes, it was a hard morning. and just now at 6pm (feeding time), staring at that one empty bowl while filling the other 3 was tough to say the least.

Anyway, we'll get through it. And all of your words have made a rotten day a lot better.
    paul, she lived to be over 15 years old(!) and that's a long time for any pet, even though all us pet lovers wish they can live as long as we do (you made the right choice). i'm sure she knew that your family loved her and that's the peace of mind she has going to the gates above. she's up there playing with patrick and chloe (my two dogs)...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    paul, she lived to be over 15 years old(!) and that's a long time for any pet, even though all us pet lovers wish they can live as long as we do (you made the right choice). i'm sure she knew that your family loved her and that's the peace of mind she has going to the gates above. she's up there playing with patrick and chloe (my two dogs)...
    Thank you, brother.

And, if that's true...... Patrick & Chloe are saying "Are you serious?!? Get this A-hole away from us!!" LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, I know all too well what you're going through. Those who are not 'dog people' never understand how they become family, and how hard it is to make that decision. When I lost my labrador years ago, someone sent me this. It is by Ben Ames Williams:

"A dog does not live as long as a man and this natural law is the fount of many tears. If boy and puppy might grow to manhood and doghood together, and together grow old, and so in due course die, full many a heartache might be avoided. But the world is not so ordered, and dogs will die and men will weep for them so long as there are dogs and men"

My heart goes out to you and your wife.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Unfortunately, I know all too well what you're going through. Those who are not 'dog people' never understand how they become family, and how hard it is to make that decision. When I lost my labrador years ago, someone sent me this. It is by Ben Ames Williams:

"A dog does not live as long as a man and this natural law is the fount of many tears. If boy and puppy might grow to manhood and doghood together, and together grow old, and so in due course die, full many a heartache might be avoided. But the world is not so ordered, and dogs will die and men will weep for them so long as there are dogs and men"

My heart goes out to you and your wife.
    Wow. That is amazing.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

How are your other dogs doing? They also grieve, not as long as we humans do, but they are aware of this absence. Be kind to them. Be kind to yourself. Be kind to your wife and the rest of your family.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast