autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knee Injury

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Knee Injury

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Thats cause WE'RE OLD NOW!!! Im 45 and things are really starting to fade FAST lol. Hope you get well sooner rather than later
    I know Nothing has been worse though than turning 30 (other than this injury). That was like all of a sudden the warranty expired. Little aches and pains started popping up. Couldnt sleep through the night without having to get up to go to the bathroom anymore. Heck, sometimes would even get injured sleeping after turning 30! I felt pretty good, apparently my body didnt agree!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never hurt myself badly in any way (never broke a bone, tore a muscle, nothing). The worse that ever happened to me was to cut myself with a saw when I was about 8 years old, but it was really minor, lots of blood but no need for stiches or anything like that.

I have always been really careful and maybe a bit lucky. Now as I get older (46 now), the chances of injury are increasing, I really hope I am not gonna get the same treatment you did and hurt myself seriously on something I would feel safe to do.

Wish you a quick recovery. Make sure to give you enough time to heal properly before doing anything that could make the injury worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Well for those that might be following this exciting thread, Ive been going to rehab, and working out. I decided against surgery (at least for now) as the rehab / recovery process would have been brutal. I can always opt for surgery later if I am not satisfied in the recovery. I would say I am about 75% recovered at this point. I can flex my left leg equally to my right now, and can just about get it straight. I am walking mostly normal now. I have regained a lot of strength in my leg. It is absolutely amazing how the muscles shut down when something like this happens. I really dont have much in the way of pain at this point, just a little at certain actions. While I have not attempted any athletic activities, I have not experienced any instability in my knee in normal day to day activities. Nor have I attempted to run (but the ACL doesnt really impact running). Ill probably get some fancy knee brace for sports should I decide to participate again.

I realize with or without surgery my knee will probably never be the same. But for now, if I can get to a point that its not impacting my quality of life at all, I will be satisfied. Not there yet, but getting closer.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to read your progress is moving forward. Just keep as much synovial fluid on your knees as possible

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

get a membership at a gym that has a pool and walk back and forth. it's low/no impact and will help improve circulation around your whole body (arms. legs, back, etc,). i see many (mainly elderly) people doing it all the time and it's a good workout..

Post Thanks / Like

Where I live, we have two pools, a nicely equipped fitness center, tennis courts etc. Its a homeowners association and I have to pay $39 a month whether I use our facilities or not. Its actually quite a bargain for what we have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123