autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Proud 'Dad' moment......

So, yesterday my daughter comes in and says "whoever had my car before me, must have gone through car washes....Dad showed me what swirls were, and the car is loaded with them". Keep in mind, I've not done a full correction on it yet. Then she asks "Dad, next time, can you show me the right way to wash it, so I can keep it nice after your get rid of the swirls?" As a parent, everyone once in a while, you're given affirmation that they're listening.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proud 'Dad' moment......

Yes that is a great feeling, for a long time I thought my daughters ears were just for earrings. Congrats!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So cool! A couple of days ago I posted another father daughter moment but only the opposite! Again, way cool for you!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I see a couple Grit Guards and five gallon buckets in your future shopping cart.

The real moment of truth will come in six months when you inspect your daughter's car to see if she was really paying attention

Post Thanks / Like

I dont mean to be sexist but a lot of women only worry about the interior and dont think much about exteriors. Both matter (at least from a car guys or gals expectations). If there is no knowledge of swirl marks -they dont care. I try to reason with people by making it in their terms. Care detailing is basically makeup for a large portion of women,they dont do it to look good for others but themselves and be happy but also hopefully do it right. I guess overall its cool but you definitely can go a bit deeper and even maybe buy some stuff for her as a gift or whatever it may be. Might be fun to see some more detailing happen such as paint correction and engine cleaning,etc
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    I dont mean to be sexist but a lot of women only worry about the interior and dont think much about exteriors. Both matter (at least from a car guys or gals expectations). If there is no knowledge of swirl marks -they dont care. I try to reason with people by making it in their terms. Care detailing is basically makeup for a large portion of women,they dont do it to look good for others but themselves and be happy but also hopefully do it right. I guess overall its cool but you definitely can go a bit deeper and even maybe buy some stuff for her as a gift or whatever it may be. Might be fun to see some more detailing happen such as paint correction and engine cleaning,etc
    I would counter with this. the vast majority of men and women don't really care about the gloss of their paint or whether or not the paint passes the baggy test. Most people want a clean care not a show car. 90% of the population treat their cars like appliances. Some of us AGO's treat our appliances like show cars

The majority of the population don't know how to properly maintain paint and will never learn or care. The other 10% are a mix of the car guys/gals and neat freaks. Of that 10% only a fraction really know what perfect paint looks like and how to achieve/maintain perfect paint. How many car shows have we been to where there is an awesome car and the paint is a disaster, mostly owned by men who have no clue.

Not looking for an argument, just saying 9/10 men don't care about their paint. 9.5/10 women don't care either. The 10% and 5% are the AGO's and detailing shops customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    I would counter with this. the vast majority of men and women don't really care about the gloss of their paint or whether or not the paint passes the baggy test. Most people want a clean care not a show car. 90% of the population treat their cars like appliances. Some of us AGO's treat our appliances like show cars

The majority of the population don't know how to properly maintain paint and will never learn or care. The other 10% are a mix of the car guys/gals and neat freaks. Of that 10% only a fraction really know what perfect paint looks like and how to achieve/maintain perfect paint. How many car shows have we been to where there is an awesome car and the paint is a disaster, mostly owned by men who have no clue.

Not looking for an argument, just saying 9/10 men don't care about their paint. 9.5/10 women don't care either. The 10% and 5% are the AGO's and detailing shops customers.
    The only thing im going to say is that there are people who do care but are not geeks like us. I feel this is a good opportunity to start car care no matter what
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Great story and well done👍👍

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

She has always been conscious of keeping her car clean, but has (up until this point) really focused on the interior. She sees it as a point of pride, and feels better when riding around in a clean vehicle. My wife is the same way....she cleans the interior and I take care of the exterior. They do not completely understand how obsessed I get sometimes, but never fail to appreciate how I try and keep them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast