autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LSNAutoDetailing News

I had no idea that you were going through that much pain and discomfort Paul. Surgery is always an unpleasant option but in your case it seems like the best option. All the best to you in your recovery.

2. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Checking in everyone... Recovery is going nicely... Mostly ups & downs... but I had to sort out pain management and get something consistent working for me. I really saw it no different than dialing in a good pad / product for a test spot. We're being super duper conservative on the pain management side and it's paying huge divide ends. The incision site no longer hurts and has nearly all but healed (the glue came off today) Yay!!! Secondly the muscle spasms are starting to diminish... my range of motion is incredible. I'm now also doing two 1.5 mile walks a day (3 miles total)…. I still can't drive, lift anything over a few pounds and certainly can't walk my dogs.

My wife and I have worked out a good system for feeding the dogs where she preps their food in tupperwar containers, all measured out so I don't need to lift a heavy bag.

My follow up is in a few weeks and then I'll be starting PT.. My Mustangs are sitting on battery tenders....

I'm a fairly impatient person, don't like taking meds and don't understand why an injury or medical issue takes more than 3 days to fully heal... LOL! So yeah, I'm going a bit stir crazy.

Thanks for all the well wishes... taking one day at a time!

4. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR, SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get ready for that PT. Glad to hear you are making progress
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

So great to get an update, Pauly boy!

Glad you are doing better, and going forward.

Also, (and I know this from past experience, some of it very recent past.....) it is VERY important to have a good woman behind you.

I know that you do with Brenda, (Ex-interior gal. Lol) and that is one of your biggest assets in your recovery.

Many thoughts and prayers to you guys and your beautiful dogs, Paul. Miss your posts, my friend.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR, LSNAutoDetailing, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the update buddy!

Awh man, like 3 days is plenty long enough to be fully healed huh! Frustrating I’m sure but hey, you’re on the mend mate & that’s great. Roll on PT time, you got this.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

9. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had my 30 day follow up yesterday. Still experiencing spasms and some pain..... Was expecting to the doc to lift all my restrictions and he laughed and said "this is a 3 month program buddy!" All restrictions remain in place for the next 30 days with the exception of adding PT (2x a week).

So at the end of August, PT will report back progress to the doc, and then in Sept, more PT but add weights to the exercises. In end of October, one more follow up with x-rays' to make sure C5/C6 is naturally fusing through the titanium mesh.... If all looks good, then all restrictions are lifted.

Sucks... cause I ain't driving the Mustangs as long as I can't wash them! LOL! Secondly, both are on battery tenders so I can't lift the hood to disconnect even if I wanted to. LOL. Perhaps not driving the Stangs is keeping me from doing something stupid... i.e. I haven't tested the "Line Lock" feature on the new GT/CS, and I don't like the stock Pirelli tires anyways.... LOL!

11. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's progress!
    Hang in there... patience is not my strong suit so I feel your frustration.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

13. Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a long road, Paulie.

I took 7 months to recover fully from my back injury in '17.
    Horribly frustrating, but I believed in the process, and although PT sucked at first, as I kept making progress I was almost happy to go. I also had two very wonderful therapists who were two of nicest (and toughest!) women I have ever met. Lol

You are almost home, Paul. Keep grinding my man! (Know you will).
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel, I think I was in my neck brace for 4-5 months or 5-6 months (20 years ago), couldn't play golf for 12 months after he told me 3 months prior to surgery. TRUST the process, this is a small "blip" in time when you look at the big picture, I know it's hard to see but you'll be thankful in a few years from now when you look back on it. I had never had PT, just went to a massage therapist after I was out of my neck brace since my muscles were pretty much gone for being in the brace for so long.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it's frustrating Paulie but stay the course with your recovery. You're getting close.

We're all with you rooting you on, brother!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast