autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LSNAutoDetailing News

Hi all, as promised I got out of surgery yesterday and despite a good deal of drugs, I’m doing well.

We had a disc extomy at c5/c6 and a titanium disc inserted then c5/6 fused.

The procedure was 2 hrs they go in through the throat because it’s easier. I can talk but it hurts.

It had to be done. The disc had an 8mm herniation pushing into my spinal cord and aside from all the pain, I was losing neurological functions.

After 5 years the treatments and modalities nothing worked and the herniation got worse.

We’ll have 6 weeks of recovery. Can’t lift anything more than 2 lbs. Then about a month of PT. After that I’ll be better than normal and can resume all activities and more.

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks PaulMys, VISITOR thanked for this post
    Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had something similar done in 2000, fused c4,5, and 6 with a titanium plate. I’ve had one or two issues since but nothing serious. My best advice is to listen to the doctors. I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

4. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Hi all, as promised I got out of surgery yesterday and despite a good deal of drugs, I’m doing well.

We had a disc extomy at c5/c6 and a titanium disc inserted then c5/6 fused.

The procedure was 2 hrs they go in through the throat because it’s easier. I can talk but it hurts.

It had to be done. The disc had an 8mm herniation pushing into my spinal cord and aside from all the pain, I was losing neurological functions.

After 5 years the treatments and modalities nothing worked and the herniation got worse.

We’ll have 6 weeks of recovery. Can’t lift anything more than 2 lbs. Then about a month of PT. After that I’ll be better than normal and can resume all activities and more.

Thanks all.

Glad to hear the surgery was successful. I have two discs in my neck which have given me issues for about 10 years, but I've so far been able to put off the surgery. Best of luck, you're in my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery

6. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speedy recovery to you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

8. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear that the neck surgery whent good Paul!

I have done c5-c7 with replaced disc and fusion. Did also go through the throat. It's way more gentle to go through the throat than from back of the neck. The PT goes way faster too with this kind of surgery. But it's a big surgery to do. So follow the rehab planning and you will be fine. Don't stress it and take it step by step. This is not easy to do but the higher pain levels and even a longer time to do the PT it's worth it to do this right and easy approach. Until you are able to get to push the training harder later down the road.

Wish you all the best that you recovers awesome! And the pain levels reduce or go away and the neurological functions gets restored.

Regards Tony

10. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get better soon!
    Glad to hear you are on your way to recovery!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

12. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear it went well for you, Paulie. Sounds hopeful and I wish you well, my friend.

14. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get better soon, my brother!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear your on your way to recovery.

18. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    I had something similar done in 2000, fused c4,5, and 6 with a titanium plate. I’ve had one or two issues since but nothing serious. My best advice is to listen to the doctors. I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Hi Jay, thank you for sharing your experience, that’s a heck of amount of hardware you have installed… :-)

It’s good to hear from others that have been through something similar, it helps with the healing process… Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Glad to hear the surgery was successful. I have two discs in my neck which have given me issues for about 10 years, but I've so far been able to put off the surgery. Best of luck, you're in my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery
    I can say that from all the folks I talked to prior to having the surgery, that had it to be done, the overwhelming response was to go do it, if you’re a candidate…

I certainly was a candidate, it was only going to get worse. I wanted to share the experience so that I could help others that are going through the same thing.

We did years of spinal decommission, with great results I might add, massage, pain
    Management, chiropractic, acupuncture, etc. finally 2 chiro’s, One pain management doctor, two neurosurgeons and one primary care physician, the consensus was in… No amount of spinal decompression was going to help at this point.

The amount of curve it was causing in my spinal cord and that enormous size of the herniation was only causing more and more pain every day.

Make sure you stay on top of it, and make sure you get multiple opinions before doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boosteddub69 View Post
    Speedy recovery to you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Thank you so much… We’re working on it!

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Great to hear that the neck surgery whent good Paul!

I have done c5-c7 with replaced disc and fusion. Did also go through the throat. It’s way more gentle to go through the throat than from back of the neck. The PT goes way faster too with this kind of surgery. But it's a big surgery to do. So follow the rehab planning and you will be fine. Don't stress it and take it step by step. This is not easy to do but the higher pain levels and even a longer time to do the PT it's worth it to do this right and easy approach. Until you are able to get to push the training harder later down the road.

Wish you all the best that you recovers awesome! And the pain levels reduce or go away and the neurological functions gets restored.

Regards Tony
    Thank you so much Tony, sounds like you’ve got quite a bit a hardware to… Maybe the Swedish titanium is a little shinier than the US titanium LOL.

We’re taking it day by day right now, we’re only on day three after the surgery and the muscles are a bit swollen and sore… But my amount of range of motion is much greater than it was prior to the surgery.

At present we’re getting a little help from our friends but it’s important to have them keep the pain at bay during the recovery process.

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Get better soon!
    Glad to hear you are on your way to recovery!
    Thank you Monica! No dog walking for me for a quite a while....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Great to hear it went well for you, Paulie. Sounds hopeful and I wish you well, my friend.
    Thank you Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Get better soon, my brother!!
    Will do Paulie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Glad to hear your on your way to recovery.

Thanks rsurfer...

So today were about four days out of surgery, and a lot of the muscles are a bit swollen, not because they had to cut anything but because they had to grapple them and move them around so they could get to what they needed to get to… Most of the muscles in your neck don’t like to get moved around too much by hand…

I’m still taking it easy will have to take it easy for about 6 to 8 weeks, no lifting anything heavy and then my doctor will put me in physical therapy

I hope to be off the medications real soon as the pain starts to subside. Right now I’m not trying to be a hero and not take them because that’s only contrary to allowing my body to heal.

It’s been quite an ordeal over the past five years, and can tell all the modalities that I’ve been through to try to push off not having this done, some with great success up until the point where eventually the mechanics just let go.

The greatest therapy will be getting back to detailing, as I found that the movement of my arms and Moving the tools around on the paint and, wiping the paint with microfiber towels works all the very muscles that have plagued me for years, so when I work on a vehicle for the first time I know I’ll be a little sore but it’ll have much positive gain, but that’s going to be a ways off and my doctor has to sign off on it.

Prior to going into surgery especially working in such a sensitive area, I thought of Mike Phillips and what he went through losing his leg and all that he went through with subsequent surgeries and learning how to walk again and not only be one of the greatest mentors and detailers and trainers but an overall wonderful and generous person.

He is truly an inspiration and I hope one day I can be the same, thanks to everybody on this form and I’ll check in frequently :-)

Hey sizzle chest (Scott), they call me rubberneck!!

20. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast