autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LSNAutoDetailing News

Wow, thats crazy Paul! I can't imagine what that must feel like. Is it an altitude thing or just a massive difference in climate? I remember when we came over for Mikes class in Jan 2015, & walking out of the airport in Fort Lauderdale just after midnight & it felt like walking into a warm bath! Mid summer in Jan down here in NZ & average temp is 26-32 degrees celsius, then supposedly winter in Florida & at midnight it was 26 degrees celsius???

Yay for people being nice & having a slower pace. Sounds like a great move you guys have made. You're welcome at ours anytime if you make it this far South Paul.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

So a quick update to this thread. I've had a bit of a health set-back a few months ago, which means; "a set-back is a set-up for a come-back!"
    Nothing serious, we'll live... What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!

Dogs are well, Jax had a dew-claw surgically removed, and is still healing and fighting an infection. Khaki is well. Interior Gal (Brenda) is loving not having to help detail anymore and has focused on completing her Bachelors Degree.

I have decided to hang up the polishers for good. We're no longer taking any new customers and only have a few on maintenance. Of course I did a new vehicle prep on my new 2019 Mustang GT CA Special and will have a "Show-N-Shine" soon after I get some photo's.

As stated earlier, starting the business gave me a lot of skills, not just in detailing. It was therapeutic and greatly enhanced my life. I have such high expectations for near perfection results, which has caused me to pause and ask can I continue? Do I want to continue? The hiking trails, bike paths, and long weekend get-aways said, no you don't want to continue.

I thank Mike Phillips who caused me to be OCD and taught me everything I know, and to all the folks on this forum who cheer each other on , especially in the Show-N-Shine section. It's rewarding to give and receive compliments from your peers of detailers on the work we do.

I am pretty much stocked with the things I used and enjoy using for my vehicles. Old tried and trues... So I will probably not be commenting on all the new fangled gear and products out there. I've paired down A LOT of products, and my good friend Coach Steve has been the recipient of the product give-away's.

I made a pact with myself and the wife that the new GT CA Special will be a drivers car. Not a show piece..... Life is too short to have a car hang around and look pretty. This little heath set-back has reminded me to use what you got while you still can enjoy it... that includes all the activities you can physically do.

I've been driving my 05 GT a lot more, as well as the new one which we're taking on a long trip this coming weekend. It will be filthy when we get back.

What I've learned is that if a car is properly prepped, cleaned and maintained, it should always look show-car-ready. My Honda Fit is 7 years old with 90K miles and everyone asks how does it "Look So New"? It's all in the maintenance and products. There is no reason not to drive a car or enjoy it. The Fit has taught me that.

So, I probably won't be on as much... as I haven't been for a while. But I'll be around... I'm just a PM, email or phone-call away.

3. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, Klasse Act, VISITOR, JKDesign and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul,

I remember back when you were only several towns over...

Thanks for everything you’ve done to help my business get on the right track.

Greatly appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Likes SWETM, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post
    Paul,

I remember back when you were only several towns over...

Thanks for everything you’ve done to help my business get on the right track.

Greatly appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Thanks Dan. Cheers to you and your business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

We will miss your knowledge and great posts, but I am very glad to hear that you are getting better and are also going to do the fun stuff in life.

Cheers to you, Paul. You are an awesome guy.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish you the best Paul. You will be missed.

Will keep an eye out for the Mustang Show 'N Shine.

Thank you for being a valuable contributor.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you still comes in from time to time Paul. Sometimes lives gets you to a different path.

Hope the best for you and your wife and dogs!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Best to you on your new journey in life
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Paul- glad I got to meet you. thanks for the product samples and advice over the years. Hope you enjoy your life as fully as possible, even if your ride gets a bit dirty! take care,

Post Thanks / Like

wish you and the family, best of luck in any and all future endeavors...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast