autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LSNAutoDetailing News

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Well it's progress!
    Hang in there... patience is not my strong suit so I feel your frustration.
    Thanks Monica, getting better every day.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    It's a long road, Paulie.

I took 7 months to recover fully from my back injury in '17.
    Horribly frustrating, but I believed in the process, and although PT sucked at first, as I kept making progress I was almost happy to go. I also had two very wonderful therapists who were two of nicest (and toughest!) women I have ever met. Lol

You are almost home, Paul. Keep grinding my man! (Know you will).
    Thanks Paul! Yup start PT tomorrow. S. Korean gal who looks very tough, I know she’ll kick my butt for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    I know how you feel, I think I was in my neck brace for 4-5 months or 5-6 months (20 years ago), couldn't play golf for 12 months after he told me 3 months prior to surgery. TRUST the process, this is a small "blip" in time when you look at the big picture, I know it's hard to see but you'll be thankful in a few years from now when you look back on it. I had never had PT, just went to a massage therapist after I was out of my neck brace since my muscles were pretty much gone for being in the brace for so long.

Jay
    Hey Jay, yeah learning about patients and also learning a few other things in life too. Like I see stuff on my Mustang(s) that normally I’d want to bust out a DA and fix. Now I’m like screw it... cars (especially performance) are meant to be driven and have some patina to tell a story. Life is too short to worry about the rock chips and scratch’s. Rev that gen 3 coyote to 7500 rpms and let’er rip! Lol. So yeah, a bit of letting go there.

So, spine surgery and long recovery time is a hell of a clinical treatment for OCD’ism, but may have some side effects... ha ha.. I don’t suggest it for everyone

So things have come a ways in 20 years. My doc never put me in a c-collar at all. I’ve only been out of surgery for 34 days and I’m out and about with restrictions. There are times when I just sleep for long periods as part of the healing. After all we’re growing new bone (fusions C5/c6).

Luckily, my wife Brenda’s (aka Interior Gal) main profession is a nationally board certified, nationally licensed massage therapist and has worked specifically with chiropractors for the last 17 years. She just got her certification (had to go to West Palm Beach recently) for lymphatic drainage massage, which cancer patients and pregnant patients benefit from.

I’m a lucky man, we’ll see how I feel after 1st day of PT tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    I'm sure it's frustrating Paulie but stay the course with your recovery. You're getting close.

We're all with you rooting you on, brother!
    Thank you Paul! I know you and everyone are. I’ll be twirling my Rupes MKII & Boss G15 around like nobodies business come October!

If I haven’t mentioned it, (sorry if I did) taking the pressure off the spinal cord has reopened a desire to get back into music again. Probably better response to the artistic side of the brain.

Just as we are OCD in detailing there is an entire world of OCD boutique guitar amps and pedals. Entire threads of endless “tube swapping” to hear subtle differences. So with some help from the mrs, she will help set my gear up. Got a stand where the guitar sits on, Like Alex Lifeson uses. That way I don’t have to hold the guitar to play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick check-in to say hey to everyone.

Whewww!!! We'll it's been over 6 months since my ACDF surgery. I haven't been on the forums at all, so need to do a bit of catch-up.

After six months, I'm done with PT, and they've given me one heck of a work-out routine that I need to do daily. It's a combo of strength training with exercise bands and regular weights. So gaining some muscles back and getting better, stronger and faster. Neck and shoulders feel awesome (most days).

I sold my 2019 Mustang late last September. I didn't need it and was nice to free myself of that. I feel that was a fantastic choice. I'm just down to my 05 Mustang GT garage queen, and the 2013 Honda Fit. I have no desire for any more vehicles, which is nice.

Detailing side, I do some maintenance washes on my cars now and then, but that's pretty much it. My Honda Fit needs a good polish and coating, I just haven't mustered the will or strength to want to do that. Maybe in the next month...

So I'm good, wife is good, dogs are good and we just need a few prayers for some outstanding medical things that we hope will wrap up soon.

Hope all is well on AGO!

4. Thanks Diner, PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back! Glad that your feeling better and wishes that your recovery is a strong one.

Sad/glad for you that you got rid of the CS. I get it though. You got 2 great most likely paid off rides. Why make the payment on the 3rd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the update! And glad to hear you are moving in the right direction.
    Be patient, keep doing what you need to do, and you’ll be back better than ever.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see ya on here again bro!! Glad all is going well...you will be getting better and feeling better every day!!!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent, Paulie!!

Glad you all are doing great.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910