autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

!@%#@& Microsoft Outlook

I swear, before I die, I am going to whup Bill Gates azz, god I hate Microsoft products

Now I have another issue that just costed me one of my contracts b/c I couldn't respond in time. I had similar issue motnhs ago and resolved by putting 587 in outgoing smtp. Starting yesterday it wouldn't let me send, and talking to others they are having the same issues. gives me an 0x8004201B and sometimes another message with an 8 at the end. Tried everything, reinstalling Outlook, nothing works. Says contact ISP provider, ends up Bellsouth made changes to security for spam for everyone..W/O notifying anybody which screwed emails up. So they made me setup a new account, no doesn't work.

I'm so pissed this just costed me one of my contracts, somebody is going to be held liable, I can't send any email and Bellsouth doesn't know what to do, sure enough searching online seems there are a ton of people with the same issue and non of the fixes work.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    go get em tiger!
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I can receive, but still can't send. This is f'n ridiculous and just costed me a nice chunk of money from one of my contracts in my business. I cannot figure out whats wrong.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Use Yahoo mail and a Blackberry, that way you'll never have a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a mac. Best thing you will ever do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Surfer, if you're using an ISP for your mail, go to their webmail page and by-pass Outlook to get your mail. You should be able to send and receive from the internet. This can be done from any computer you have access to. I agree with sneek, though... get a Mac and get away from all Microsoft products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    I swear, before I die, I am going to whup Bill Gates azz, god I hate Microsoft products

Now I have another issue that just costed me one of my contracts b/c I couldn't respond in time. I had similar issue motnhs ago and resolved by putting 587 in outgoing smtp. Starting yesterday it wouldn't let me send, and talking to others they are having the same issues. gives me an 0x8004201B and sometimes another message with an 8 at the end. Tried everything, reinstalling Outlook, nothing works. Says contact ISP provider, ends up Bellsouth made changes to security for spam for everyone..W/O notifying anybody which screwed emails up. So they made me setup a new account, no doesn't work.

I'm so pissed this just costed me one of my contracts, somebody is going to be held liable, I can't send any email and Bellsouth doesn't know what to do, sure enough searching online seems there are a ton of people with the same issue and non of the fixes work.
    Dude, why do you even use Microsoft Outlook? Why not just get a mailbox af Gmail and use that? Or you think computer programs will deliver better results?
    I used Outlook once, and will never use it again. Too complicated. At work I use Lotus Notes.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Problem is one of my businesses I'm partners in, has corporate email setup through Outlook, and I seem to be the only one that ever has issues. That little glitch just costed me 10's of thousands of dollars b/c I couldn't respond to one of our contracts and we had a deadline no exceptions, !#@$!@$$ . Once I fixed the other issues and put in 587 for smtp outgoing back in June everything was fine, till yesterday, and finally getting a hold of Bellsouth they put some new security sh!t on that doesn't allow me to send from what I had before.

I've been looking at Thunderbird to see if its possible to setup same contact info, log on's, smtp etc I have right now through it. Does anybody know....before I order an hit on Bill Gates
    Last edited by Surfer; 11-18-2007 at 12:20 AM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    ...At work I use Lotus Notes.
    I'm SO SO SO Sorrry... After administering a Notes/Domino server for 3 or 4 years, I'm truly sorry for whoever is stuck with that task....

Post Thanks / Like
    Surfer I am so sorry to hear that! I can't imagine your frustration and anger. Hang in there
    Thanks,
    Tonya AKA twinkle toes
    Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwile achievement - Henry Ford

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast