autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Little rant: Hit n Run

I was taking my girl and my cousin home, and was stopped at a red light to go left to enter the freeway. My friend was in front of us at the stop as well. All of a sudden, this Lincoln car crashes into us from the back. By the way it's a Toyota 4 Runner we're riding in. I get a bit pissed but I said ok we'll just exchange info and go home. I start driving, expecting him to follow me, and he runs off! I said what the ... then I U turn to sort of go after him to at least get his license plate. I didn't speed chase him, that would have not been smart. I was so mad. He just sped off. I just calmly drive. The friend who was in front of me called and my girl answered and said he saw the Lincoln going south. None of us got his license plate...I knew nothing could be done to report him. I take them home, then go home and told my parents. They were calm about it. I was so mad at that person that hit us. The 4 Runner was involved in another accident and now it's involved in one again. I don't know why that person was so immature enough to up and leave. Well, I can't do anything about it except leave karma to do its job. We're all ok and that's what matters. The vehicle's fine too, just cosmetic damage to the rear bumper but everything else is not harmed at all. Man... I seriously wish something could be done.. It's so hard to sit here knowing we can't do anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    hes the one that asked what kind of sham poop does paul dalton use
    Quote Originally Posted by makdaddy626 View Post
    Klumzy, do you think there would be any of issues if you used "shampoop" + wax? j/k couldn't resist.
    Might be a perfect time to try out Klumzy's "Shampoop" on carpet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klumzypinoy View Post
    I was taking my girl and my cousin home, and was stopped at a red light to go left to enter the freeway. My friend was in front of us at the stop as well. All of a sudden, this Lincoln car crashes into us from the back. By the way it's a Toyota 4 Runner we're riding in. I get a bit pissed but I said ok we'll just exchange info and go home. I start driving, expecting him to follow me, and he runs off! I said what the ... then I U turn to sort of go after him to at least get his license plate. I didn't speed chase him, that would have not been smart. I was so mad. He just sped off. I just calmly drive. The friend who was in front of me called and my girl answered and said he saw the Lincoln going south. None of us got his license plate...I knew nothing could be done to report him. I take them home, then go home and told my parents. They were calm about it. I was so mad at that person that hit us. The 4 Runner was involved in another accident and now it's involved in one again. I don't know why that person was so immature enough to up and leave. Well, I can't do anything about it except leave karma to do its job. We're all ok and that's what matters. The vehicle's fine too, just cosmetic damage to the rear bumper but everything else is not harmed at all. Man... I seriously wish something could be done.. It's so hard to sit here knowing we can't do anything about it.
    Vey sad. Maybe the person that hit you was intoxicated...it's friday night, you know...
    By the way, you shouldn't just exchange information, you should call the police first...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    Vey sad. Maybe the person that hit you was intoxicated...it's friday night, you know...
    By the way, you shouldn't just exchange information, you should call the police first...
    Thanks for the tip about the police...so police first then exchange info?
    Klumzy, do you think there would be any of issues if you used "shampoop" + wax? j/k couldn't resist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klumzypinoy View Post
    Thanks for the tip about the police...so police first then exchange info?
    yep...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about that Klumzypinoy! But it is like you said, at least everyone is fine and there was minor damage to the car. I tend to agree with Supercharged, he could have been intoxicated, a stolen car or he could have been a hot headed freak. So maybe it is for the best you didn't get out and talk to him. What comes around goes around... so Karma will take care of him. Just be thankful it was minor damage. Take care!
    Thanks,
    Tonya AKA twinkle toes
    Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwile achievement - Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn! Sad to hear Joseph, the 4runner gets it always huh? poor thing. I would be pissed to, but dumb enough to drive after him, at full speed To bad you diden`t get the plate. But good eveything is good with you guys!
    Audi Allroad Quattro
    VW Jetta 4 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    Tonya: I'm sure karma will take care of him . I was thinking it was maybe a stolen car..

Pirex: Thanks. Haha The 4 Runner can't even go fast anyways but then I didn't wanna get into more danger . I wish I got the plate though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing is if you are ever in any accident is never move your vehicle. Even if it is a minor accident. If you have a digital camera with you take pictures of the accident as well. I would say the first thing is after the accident is to get out of the vehicle and get there license plate number, call the cops if the accident is really bad, take pictures of the accident. If they leave at least you have there license plate number and you can call the cops. Well it was good to hear it was a minor accident and no one got hurt.
    No it's not obsessive compulsive to have the right gear to make your car look wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have been irate and followed. The important thing is every one is o.k, cars can be replaced lives can't.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a real shame how people don't want to take any responsability for their actions. This is the same kind of person who would hit someone crossing the street and make a run for it, and if they were finally caught would claim they didn't reolize they had hit anyone. At least you and your passengers were not hurt, that is the most important they. Try to put it behind you, lifes to
    short to let it eat at you for to long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast