autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Tires????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Tires????

It's difficult, as I have yet to find a true high performance all season tire that does everything well. I have an Acura TSX, which came with Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 (225/50/R17). I was not a fan of these tires at all, or their $200+ each price tag.

Doing some homework, I came across Nitto Motivo, which classified as an all season ultra high performance tire, with a 60K mileage treadwear warranty. I got them delivered for $128/each and was extremely impressed with them. I do have a set of designated snows on other wheels, but I drove through a few inches of snow with the Nittos a few times before I swapped them over. Real world mileage was 52K before they needed to be replaced. I think they performed very well overall.

When it came time to replace the Nittos, it was more homework, and in the middle of a divorce, I was trying to save all I could. I came across the Cooper Zeon RS3a and acquired a set of those at less than $110 each. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the Coopers, and presently have about 15K on them. They saw about a half inch of snow, prior to me switching. They handled OK enough, but I was definitely in a hurry to get the snows on!

Again, I see your choices are limited, and if I had your car, with those choices, I would be trying the Coopers. But then again, I wouldn't be driving a Camaro in the snow! LOL!

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

If your tires are not worn, don't replace them until they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    If your tires are not worn, don't replace them until they are.

Oh, I'm not. I'm just doing my research now so I'm better informed when the time does come since my choices in 245/55R18 are somewhat limited.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by damaged442 View Post

When it came time to replace the Nittos, it was more homework, and in the middle of a divorce, I was trying to save all I could. I came across the Cooper Zeon RS3a and acquired a set of those at less than $110 each. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the Coopers, and presently have about 15K on them. They saw about a half inch of snow, prior to me switching. They handled OK enough, but I was definitely in a hurry to get the snows on!

Again, I see your choices are limited, and if I had your car, with those choices, I would be trying the Coopers. But then again, I wouldn't be driving a Camaro in the snow! LOL!

Good luck!
    I've spoken with Cooper Tires and they recommended their Zeon RS3-G1 tire for the Camaro, which is an upgrade from the RS3A tires and is VERY new, it's only been out a few months. I definitely have some decision making to do over the next few months, HOPEFULLY, someone will post some snow experience with the G1s. The reviews I read about the RS3As were great.

And never fear, if I feel the weather is too bad for the Camaro, I have the wife's 4x4 Explorer to drive
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Check you the Conitnenal DWS06 (Dry, wet and snow)

Tire Test Results : Testing the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Ultra High Performance All-Season Tire

I've had RSA tires previously and aren't great in snow. I got by with them, but nothing great.

I currently have RSA2s on my car from the factory ( Charger Scatpack) and they are meh in the snow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Check you the Conitnenal DWS06 (Dry, wet and snow)

Tire Test Results : Testing the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Ultra High Performance All-Season Tire

I've had RSA tires previously and aren't great in snow. I got by with them, but nothing great.

I currently have RSA2s on my car from the factory ( Charger Scatpack) and they are meh in the snow.
    I did look into them, and unfortunately they don't come in my (245/55R18) size.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12