autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Suggestions" & "Comments" Thread for Autogeek

There is room for improvement with the shipping calculator.

Let me start by saying that I am in Canada. Just after placing my last order a month ago I received an email stating that the shipping was actually $2 more expensive then the price listed on the invoice, and they wanted my approval before proceeding with the transaction. Fine, no problem, go ahead.

Fast forward to today. I placed an order this past Friday. Subtotal: $96, Shipping: $35. No problem. I get an email today saying that shipping is actually $69! That my order of (3) gallon bottles of product is "oversized and heavy". The increase in shipping is more than what the sale deducted from my order! Shipping went from being 36% of the product value to 72%! I hope you can understand how that came as a shock to me. Hopefully there can be some improvement in the accuracy of shipping prices invoiced after placing an order.

And while we're on the topic of shipping: how about some kind of discount for international buyers? The sale on Friday featured $5.95 shipping on all orders to the lower 48. Now I don't know how much shipping is from Florida to New York (just over the border from where I am in Ontario) and that shipping to Canada is more expensive due to customs and whatnot, but say I made that exact same order shipped to Buffalo instead. Say that it would normally cost $10.95 to ship there. But during the sale, that parcel is eligible to be shipped for $5.95. That means the buyer is saving $5. Could a similar discount be applied to international orders? Even if it were just a fraction of the discount? It's frustrating to think there likely were orders on Friday even larger than mine, that only had to pay $6 shipping when I have to pay $70.

I love Autogeek. I've learned a ton, and bought some great products here. But this latest transaction was quite frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe sometime in the future AG can setup a /estimate shipping quote box if you only need an item or two rather than have to wait for a sale. just throwing it out there to consider...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    any chance of getting wax applicator pads like this? i know a few other sites carry them but would like to purchase them here...
    I love those. There is also one that has a much softer blue handle and red face. It is great for squeezing into tight places. I think I got mine with a bottle of UTTG+.
    It's not that I have a thick skin, it's really just that I'm too dumb to know when I've been insulted.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the Ultima one looks very similar.

Griots has their yoyo ones.

Product suggestions: I wish we had a concentrated dilutable spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

any chance of getting wax applicator pads like this? i know a few other sites carry them but would like to purchase them here...
    I have three versions of this on order for you.

maybe sometime in the future AG can setup a /estimate shipping quote box if you only need an item or two rather than have to wait for a sale. just throwing it out there to consider...
    Part of the plan with the new ownership is an update to inventory system and putting in the estimator at checkout. All of this is fully in the works as we speak so please be patient with us as we work on this project. We will have lots of great enhancements coming soon!

Post Thanks / Like

once again, just goes to show that AG listens to their customers - meghan, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Please fix the AGO app.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    I have three versions of this on order for you.
    Now you have me checking the "What's new" section of the store everyday.
    It's not that I have a thick skin, it's really just that I'm too dumb to know when I've been insulted.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a comment for AG, its simple, Thank You! My first job out of high school was detailing, for years I thought I knew some things. Then I bought my newest car August 1 2015, I fell in love with it and started using OTC stuff which was good. I was watching a video about a product on Youtube, and the guy in the video had a GG 6" DA, and said he got it at Autogeek.com. Twenty minutes later I ordered one, then I found this forum, two weeks later I realized I knew nothing about detailing. My education started. Since then have bought a lot of products, learned a ton! So Thanks to Ag for providing a great service, as well as hosting this forum, and giving me a hobby that I truly love. And plus I come in contact with some great like minded people, who share this addiction.

Post Thanks / Like

AG, please bring in some of these from carpro (polyshave block). they retail for around $10 (or so) and have a diamond like pattern similiar to all the other higher quality clay alternatives. they would probably be more liked than the nanoskin sponges (as pictured down below in the 2nd pic) that have more of a flat surface compared to these. just a suggestion as we all know you listen...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast