Before any appearance processes, I attack the mechanicals. My DD`s are parked outside all winter long in PA, so tires, battery and all fluids are checked and changed where necessary. Weatherstrips, latches, hinges and locks are also checked, cleaned and lubed. After that, appearance and protection can then get their fair share of attention. On the cars without coatings, Duragloss, Collinite and Finish Kare are all used liberally. Little or no finish correction is done in the fall, as it`s inevitable that correcting for winter abuse will be necessary in the spring.
Unlike the shovel, sand, blankets, food rations and other stuff recommended by the "experts", my trunk is packed with the essentials any Autgeek would carry to be able to take advantage of any window of opportunity for a maintenance wash. Two ounces of rinseless wash in 35mm film cans, a bucket, a pre-treatment pump sprayer, bunches of MF`s, window cleaner and spray wax drying aids are always loaded and ready.
Also, there`s another tote bag in the trunk with heavy gloves, scarf, hat, Totes brand motorcycle boots, bright LED light, spare ice scraper, and my favorite Sno-Brum.

My El Camino gets an entirely different process- A full tank of high test, a wax job, plugged in to a battery maintainer and a warm spot inside.

Thanks, Rupes and AG for the opportunity, even though I do hate to be reminded the frigid season is only a couple months away!

Bill