autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inside Griot's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Griot's CC vs. Optimum's Hyper Polish?
    Yea, they’re 2 totally different products as 1 is a compound and 1 is a finishing polish.

Correcting Cream works good at removing moderate defects and can finish lsp ready in most cases.

I’ve only used Optimum Hyper Polish once, this past week on my own car and there’s something about this polish.. I’m convinced there’s a good amount of polishing oils or whatever term people want to use I don’t really care, all I know is this polish produced a shine that doesn’t come from just removing defects [keep in mind there weren’t many defects to be removing]

To my eyes, this Hyper Polish left an extraordinary gloss on the paint. It made a good 1st impression as a finishing polish.

2. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, CleanIT, seabiscut88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    A follow-up question...ever use PERFECTING Cream? Or is that too mild to even bother with?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    PC is an ultra-fine finishing polish. Maybe if you were working on super soft black paint you would find a need for it. But I never have.
    What Paul said. I've used it on our Audis after Fast Correcting and Correcting Cream with the idea of trying to "jewel up" the paint a bit - but with hard clear and the lighting I was working with I really didn't notice a big difference. Both FCC and CC were finishing down well enough they didn't need chasers.

That being said, I could 100% believe a situation where a car with tricky soft paint would benefit from Perfecting Cream.

Truth be told, I did a lot of hand wringing and dollar crunching while debating about buying each one, but now that I've got them I'm glad to have each one to turn to if I need it. They're really great to use.

4. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Inside Griot's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    What Paul said. I've used it on our Audis after Fast Correcting and Correcting Cream with the idea of trying to "jewel up" the paint a bit - but with hard clear and the lighting I was working with I really didn't notice a big difference. Both FCC and CC were finishing down well enough they didn't need chasers.

That being said, I could 100% believe a situation where a car with tricky soft paint would benefit from Perfecting Cream.

Truth be told, I did a lot of hand wringing and dollar crunching while debating about buying each one, but now that I've got them I'm glad to have each one to turn to if I need it. They're really great to use.
    Speaking of buying all three, I’m wondering if a product like TW 1 And Done would be more economical since you only have to buy one product and it changes abrasiveness based on pad choice. Or do you think I could get the same flexibility out of just buying BOSS CC (for example) and using different pads to achieve different levels of abrasiveness? Inside Griot's Garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They should really make a sample pack. Little 4 oz bottles of all 3.

8. Likes oneheadlite, Bdubbs, BlackCarBlues liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    Speaking of buying all three, I’m wondering if a product like TW 1 And Done would be more economical since you only have to buy one product and it changes abrasiveness based on pad choice. Or do you think I could get the same flexibility out of just buying BOSS CC (for example) and using different pads to achieve different levels of abrasiveness? Inside Griot's Garage

I've wondered the same thing. I recently bought Griot's Boss fast acting cream and correcting cream. I have Lake Country orange and white pads I'll be using.

I'm hoping this is enough for removing some scratches and what appears to be a bird bomb.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Full confession, I haven't done any reading on the TW 1 and Done, but I would bet you'd get very similar flexibility out of the Correcting Cream. Don't quote me on this, but I thought the biggest difference between say FCC and CC was the abrasive load used, not the abrasive size that was used.

For the BOSS line the color matched liquids/pads are just a recommended starting point.

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like the g8 1" extension will be available with a kit with 1 of each pad. don't see it on the website yet.

G8 Orbital 1" Extension Backing Plate - YouTube

13. Likes PaulMys, seabiscut88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Full confession, I haven't done any reading on the TW 1 and Done, but I would bet you'd get very similar flexibility out of the Correcting Cream. Don't quote me on this, but I thought the biggest difference between say FCC and CC was the abrasive load used, not the abrasive size that was used.

For the BOSS line the color matched liquids/pads are just a recommended starting point.
    I believe you’re correct. My understanding is that FCC, CC, and PC all use the same size submicron abrasive, just with varying load in the suspension.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    They should really make a sample pack. Little 4 oz bottles of all 3.
    That would be amazing. I’ve been going back and forth for a while on which to buy because they’re all around $20 each. That’s $60 to have a full set. A sample/starter BOSS Cream set would be great! We should bring it up on their next livestream

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    looks like the g8 1" extension will be available with a kit with 1 of each pad. don't see it on the website yet.

G8 Orbital 1" Extension Backing Plate - YouTube
    Just watched this about 15 minutes ago.

That would be amazing. I’ve been going back and forth for a while on which to buy because they’re all around $20 each. That’s $60 to have a full set. A sample/starter BOSS Cream set would be great! We should bring it up on their next livestream
    Nah, just grab the 16oz bottles. You won't be disappointed.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast