autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inside Griot's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    Hey guys. I’m planning my spring detail (yes it’s a long ways off lol). Thinking about going with BOSS correcting cream on Lake Country CCS white pads. Then second step with Liquid Wax 3-in-1 on LC CCS black pad. The Liquid Wax 3-in-1 has some abrasives in it in case the CC doesn’t finish down perfectly, and it will lay down some carnauba. I prefer to use carnauba in the summer months since I wash the car often and can use Spray-On Wax as my drying aid to keep the carnauba topped up.

Last summer was my first season that I really got into detailing and went with the Meg’s ultimate line (pretty much all of it). Interested in switching it up for next summer to mostly Griot’s products.

Let me know your thoughts on what I laid out above for my spring detail. Also considering picking up Fast Correcting Cream for problem spots, but then I’d also need to pick up Perfecting cream, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd skip the CCS pads and buy the LC Flats. Also, you have a BMW in your avatar. I'd add orange pads to your list, and they just might end up being all that you use.

Also, the FCC finishes down beautifully due to the abrasive technology Griot's uses. So you may or may not need the Perfecting Cream. Test spots are your best friend here.............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Why does it matter where it's made, we're in a world marketInside Griot's Garage

This reminds me of the constant argument that Derek0609 and I know all too well being from the D....Buy American. So are you buying the badge or who built it? Do you need a passport to go see where it's built? Do you want Americans building the car or no???

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    For a while it was said that all the best microfiber was made in korea. Chinese made was inferior. It was a whole thing on the interwebs and why most will post in description if made in korea.

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    For a while it was said that all the best microfiber was made in korea. Chinese made was inferior. It was a whole thing on the interwebs and why most will post in description if made in korea.

I'm sure there's truth to thatInside Griot's Garage

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Forrest Gump Voice:

"It was made right there in Vietnam. It's this whole other country......."
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys. I’m planning my spring detail (yes it’s a long ways off lol). Thinking about going with BOSS correcting cream on Lake Country CCS white pads. Then second step with Liquid Wax 3-in-1 on LC CCS black pad. The Liquid Wax 3-in-1 has some abrasives in it in case the CC doesn’t finish down perfectly, and it will lay down some carnauba. I prefer to use carnauba in the summer months since I wash the car often and can use Spray-On Wax as my drying aid to keep the carnauba topped up.

Last summer was my first season that I really got into detailing and went with the Meg’s ultimate line (pretty much all of it). Interested in switching it up for next summer to mostly Griot’s products.

Let me know your thoughts on what I laid out above for my spring detail. Also considering picking up Fast Correcting Cream for problem spots, but then I’d also need to pick up Perfecting cream, right?

Griot's Garage is superior to Meg's (sorry Ric) and you'll find success with everything from them if you stay within their company. They even have a higher end Nova and I bet it's also great!

I've been a Griot's Garage customer since 2005, 7 yrs before joining this site. They are a superior company with the best customer service (although the stupid virus has affected them a bit there)

This thread has many Griots Garage loyalists to answer your questions Inside Griot's GarageInside Griot's Garage

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes PaulMys, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I'd skip the CCS pads and buy the LC Flats. Also, you have a BMW in your avatar. I'd add orange pads to your list, and they just might end up being all that you use.

Also, the FCC finishes down beautifully due to the abrasive technology Griot's uses. So you may or may not need the Perfecting Cream. Test spots are your best friend here.............
    Yeah I bought a jet black BMW February 2020. I won’t do that again hahaha. This car is the whole reason I’m obsessed with detailing now. It has been well documented that this car’s clear coat is soft, and mix that with jet black (non-metallic) paint… if I put too much pressure on a low pile mf towel the paint will get slight marring so it then needs to be polished. Detailer’s nightmare I tell ya!!!

What makes you say to ditch the CCS? Unfortunately I bought a whole slew of them just a few months ago, so I’ll be damned if I don’t use them lol. I have a couple yellow, 5 orange, 5 white, and one black. Also have 1 or 2 of each color in 4” size. Why do you say orange is all I might use? With the paint being as soft as it is, I would think an orange pad would be too aggressive for anything close to a final step. And from what I hear, flat pads are more aggressive than their thicker brethren?

My question Nick Griot then is, if the FCC finishes down so well why would you even make the CC?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I bought a jet black BMW February 2020. I won’t do that again hahaha. This car is the whole reason I’m obsessed with detailing now. It has been well documented that this car’s clear coat is soft, and mix that with jet black (non-metallic) paint… if I put too much pressure on a low pile mf towel the paint will get slight marring so it then needs to be polished. Detailer’s nightmare I tell ya!!!

What makes you say to ditch the CCS? Unfortunately I bought a whole slew of them just a few months ago, so I’ll be damned if I don’t use them lol. I have a couple yellow, 5 orange, 5 white, and one black. Also have 1 or 2 of each color in 4” size. Why do you say orange is all I might use? With the paint being as soft as it is, I would think an orange pad would be too aggressive for anything close to a final step. And from what I hear, flat pads are more aggressive than their thicker brethren?

My question Nick Griot then is, if the FCC finishes down so well why would you even make the CC?

CC is all i use. Finishes down well. Hanen’t needed perfecting cream yet.

Will finish down with CP easence if coating tho.

Post Thanks / Like

You use the CC if your defects aren’t as severe to where you need to where you need to cut as deep with the FCC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You use the CC if your defects aren’t as severe to where you need to where you need to cut as deep with the FCC.
    So you say it’s just a matter of taking off more/less clear coat? Not a matter of CC being able to finish down better than FCC?

Post Thanks / Like

So you say it’s just a matter of taking off more/less clear coat? Not a matter of CC being able to finish down better than FCC?

Correct.

15. Likes Bosko liked this post
Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast