autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inside Griot's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    That foaming tire cleaner is just AWESOMEInside Griot's GarageInside Griot's Garage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Have you tried it on a pretty dirty tire? My experience on my 10month old tire that had not been clean before was not that impressive. 303 T&R put it to shame. May do well as a maintaining type cleaner like their other rubber cleaner. How long do you let dwell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Have you tried it on a pretty dirty tire? My experience on my 10month old tire that had not been clean before was not that impressive. 303 T&R put it to shame. May do well as a maintaining type cleaner like their other rubber cleaner. How long do you let dwell?

Well I've never used it on a 10 month dirty tire because that's not humanly possible in my case but I have used it on a tire that's actually "dirty". I spray 2 tires at a time, let it break things down and when I see the foam turning brown I then scrub and rinse.

I'm glad you like 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner, I have that as well as the new Gyeon tire cleaner and BOTH really get the job done!!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Leaves ZERO behind, AWESOME product!

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah it’s a lot like McKee’s 914 just cleans. The have a rinseless and wax option also

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    $12.99 for 64 oz is a crazy good deal. Get it on a 25% off that’s even better.
    Well, picked up some of the Brilliant Finish Rinseless during the last 25% off sale. Planning on doing a dedicated thread to get it more to the public's eye once I get a chance to use it more, but initial impressions are really good.

Used it to clean up a race car here at the shop that's been hanging out for roughly a year. It's bare LSP wise, last thing it had on for protection was a nearly full vinyl wrap.

Mixed up about a half gallon to do multi-towel style rinseless wash. I also mixed a spray bottle with a slightly higher dilution (wasn't real scientific on that one since they don't have a formal recommendation for a presoak).

Worked just like you'd hope - cleaned well, felt safe, flashed/buffed off easy. It's been a little while since my last N-914 wash, but I feel the Griot's may have flashed/buffed off easier. When I use it next, I'll do a back to back for better comparison's sake.

I'm excited to use it more. I love their Rinseless Wash and Wax, and I think the Brilliant Finish will be good for my wife's car that I'm planning on trying to keep strictly Sonax PNS/BSD to see how that stuff works. Not sure the final LSP for my car yet, but I'll continue using the Foaming Poly Gloss as that's another winner in my book.

Interesting observation with the Brilliant Finish Rinseless - Griot's never put it on their "New Arrivals" page, and it wasn't in the most recent catalog I got from them. Doesn't show up on their "washes" section of their website, or on their "washes product education" page. It's really giving me the impression they made it for the hardcore detailing enthusiasts that know what a leaves-nothing product is all about, and are almost keeping it under the radar to keep from confusing some of their other customer base. (Or, since it's so good yet so cheap, they can move more profitable products ) I could be way off.

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to that dedicated thread about the Brillant Shine RW, its a winner, plain and simple! I gotta figure a way to use it as a WW as far as dilution wise, keep in mind I make a gallon a time, so if anyone has thoughts I think I speak for many when I say THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Post Thanks / Like

dayum, you guys! not only is the foaming surface wash on my radar, now this as well. btw, i noticed with the GG liquids that they flash quickly and require minimal wiping/passes. the GG best of show detailer is a prime example and it's pretty much the best QD i have ever used. awesome stuff!

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    dayum, you guys! not only is the foaming surface wash on my radar, now this as well. btw, i noticed with the GG liquids that they flash quickly and require minimal wiping/passes. the GG best of show detailer is a prime example and it's pretty much the best QD i have ever used. awesome stuff!
    ...don't forget Poly GlossInside Griot's Garage

9. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

...don't forget Poly GlossInside Griot's Garage
    This.

I really need to get more time with the cars (hopefully the weather turning will help) - I’d love to play with the Foaming Poly Gloss in off label fashion just to use it more. Maybe try mixing it with BSD like people are doing with Beadmaker or V07? I’ve yet to have any complaints of its behavior used as directed, and this is (I’m afraid/ashamed to admit) based on it being used on a car with no dedicated LSP below it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    This.

I really need to get more time with the cars (hopefully the weather turning will help) - I’d love to play with the Foaming Poly Gloss in off label fashion just to use it more. Maybe try mixing it with BSD like people are doing with Beadmaker or V07? I’ve yet to have any complaints of its behavior used as directed, and this is (I’m afraid/ashamed to admit) based on it being used on a car with no dedicated LSP below it.
    I would NOT mix ANYTHING into this product because it's made to foam, that alone should make you leave it alone!

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been meaning to make a post looking for education on the science behind how the various spray on blast off products actually work.

I’m totally fine leaving it alone, I just wonder if it could be used another way. Kinda like how the Surface Prep can be used as a heavy grime pretreatment in a standard spray bottle.

13. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This.

So mix with BSD then buff off? Might be ok, like mixing hydro 2 with Merlin’s. I’d check to see if it has any “soaps” in it wouldn’t want to buff on buff if it did and BSD wouldn’t foam in a sprayer.

I’ve been meaning to make a post looking for education on the science behind how the various spray on blast off products actually work.

I’m totally fine leaving it alone, I just wonder if it could be used another way. Kinda like how the Surface Prep can be used as a heavy grime pretreatment in a standard spray bottle.
    Griots doesntcrecommend to use on coatings. Be careful with LSP’s

Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast