autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inside Griot's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    That would be amazing. I’ve been going back and forth for a while on which to buy because they’re all around $20 each. That’s $60 to have a full set. A sample/starter BOSS Cream set would be great! We should bring it up on their next livestream
    Seems like an easy add-on to sell with a polisher (at a discount). As others have said, the correcting cream finishes well. You can always go back for the other 2 later. If you don't have major correction, the FCC may not be necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bdubbs View Post
    I've wondered the same thing. I recently bought Griot's Boss fast acting cream and correcting cream. I have Lake Country orange and white pads I'll be using.

I'm hoping this is enough for removing some scratches and what appears to be a bird bomb.
    You might want to get a magnifying glass or magnify with your phone. I bought a used car with low miles and I couldn’t remove any of the bird bombs because they were too deep. Oh well. It looks good from several feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    They should really make a sample pack. Little 4 oz bottles of all 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    That would be amazing. I’ve been going back and forth for a while on which to buy because they’re all around $20 each. That’s $60 to have a full set. A sample/starter BOSS Cream set would be great! We should bring it up on their next livestream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time i went to Griots they were out of Correcting cream. I wasn’t sure if i wanted to sub FCC. They gave me a small sample to try.

I would order the CC direct as it has alot of correction and will finish down most times w/o needing a polish.

Call and ask before hand if you order would they include sample of the others.

4. Likes oneheadlite, MisterSnoop, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Last time i went to Griots they were out of Correcting cream. I wasn’t sure if i wanted to sub FCC. They gave me a small sample to try.
    Good to know that exists. I got the the FCC and PC to complete the set on Cyber Monday.

Was that enough to test it out? I was curious how much area you'd be able to cover by the time you're done priming the pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know that exists. I got the the FCC and PC to complete the set on Cyber Monday.

Was that enough to test it out? I was curious how much area you'd be able to cover by the time you're done priming the pad.
    If using foam pads, priming is not necessary. That sample looks pretty generous. 2oz should be plenty to do a couple panels on the car to see how well it works.

I love how FCC smells. It doesn't have the most cut though, so if you have deep defects or really hard paint, you'll l likely want a more aggressive compound. FCC with a LC orange pad on my brother's Porsche wasn't removing the RIDS. I had to use microfiber and Jescar Correcting Compound and that took care of it. I had the same experience with water spots on my VW's paint.
    Bruno Soares

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Haven’t used yet but i would think after priming a hood would make sense

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased some Griot's spray wax. Basically needed a wax spray for my 4 post lift posts LoL. Suppose to help with smooth operation.

Anyway, anyone have good luck with this product? I normally just use a good quality detail spray for getting dust and such off my summer cars.

Assuming this should only be used after the car is washed.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

11. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Inside Griot's Garage

I just purchased some Griot's spray wax. Basically needed a wax spray for my 4 post lift posts LoL. Suppose to help with smooth operation.

Anyway, anyone have good luck with this product? I normally just use a good quality detail spray for getting dust and such off my summer cars.

Yep I love that Spray-on Wax. It’s basically just sprayable carnauba and not much else than that. Great as a drying aid!

You are correct it should only be used on a clean car. Doesn’t have any cleaning agents in it, just wax. I kinda think of it as baby wipes vs baby oil… you wouldn’t wipe a baby with baby oil unless all the poop was gone Inside Griot's Garage.

13. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus it's a great spray bottle, best in the business and it's not even close IMHOInside Griot's GarageInside Griot's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast