autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inside Griot's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    So you say it’s just a matter of taking off more/less clear coat? Not a matter of CC being able to finish down better than FCC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is how I understand it as I have watched most of their how to videos and live chats on "Youtube"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    CC is all i use. Finishes down well. Hanen’t needed perfecting cream yet.

Will finish down with CP easence if coating tho.

Have you used the CC on finicky black paint with soft clear coat? Also not quite sure what you’re saying in your last sentence.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you used the CC on finicky black paint with soft clear coat? Also not quite sure what you’re saying in your last sentence.

Have you done any polishing on the paint yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Inside Griot's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Have you done any polishing on the paint yet?
    I have, but I’ve only used Meg’s Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish. And topped it with Ultimate Liquid Wax. I’m using a PC 7424xp. I didn’t compound everything, only a few problem areas (mostly the hood). I’ve seen how compound leaves haziness that the polish takes care of. I’ve experimented with different levels of swirling/scratching to see what constitutes needing compound vs polish.

I’ve learned a lot about what to do and what not to do over the course of the last 6-7 months. Now all paint correction is on pause until the spring since I’m in Michigan and it’s getting frigid. I don’t have easy access to a heated garage.

Post Thanks / Like

I have, but I’ve only used Meg’s Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish. And topped it with Ultimate Liquid Wax. I’m using a PC 7424xp. I didn’t compound everything, only a few problem areas (mostly the hood). I’ve seen how compound leaves haziness that the polish takes care of. I’ve experimented with different levels of swirling/scratching to see what constitutes needing compound vs polish.

I’ve learned a lot about what to do and what not to do over the course of the last 6-7 months. Now all paint correction is on pause until the spring since I’m in Michigan and it’s getting frigid. I don’t have easy access to a heated garage.

I feel your pain...look where I'm at...we are neighbors...lol

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping for more from Griot's at SEMA. Not impressed by anything they introduced. Building on their great 3 in 1, a true coating or coating lite would have been nice or some type of higher end Sio2 product. Not impressed with Glass infused Sio2 or the AIO. Very average offerings IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

For sure.
    Also in the live stream, Nick said you would get better results in duration from 3 in 1 spray Versus the new AIO...disappointing.
    I can see it's place dont get me wrong....but at this stage I'll polish with CC and then just add 2 coats of 3 in 1 spray

8. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Inside Griot's Garage

Yeah I bought a jet black BMW February 2020. I won’t do that again hahaha. This car is the whole reason I’m obsessed with detailing now. It has been well documented that this car’s clear coat is soft…
    You can do it! Just take your time…

This is a 2020 model that was the dealer’s loaner car. 4,500 miles and the paint was atrocious! Like, they ran it through their automated car wash after every customer returned it (which they did!). The buyer actually got a couple thousand off asking price because of the paint.

I mainly used 3D One and a microfiber cutting pad, followed by an acrylic polishing glaze that cures and fills in the micro scratches. The car was not ceramic coated, but was topped with Xtreme Solutions “Topper”, because this is a weekend car that is garage kept and that’s what was budgeted for.

It’s coming back in soon for another detail. I’ll see if the owner is interested in a coating. With the paint being soft, I can’t be doing a two-step (1.5 step) every year on it. I don’t know how gently it’s being washed, or how often.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate.

(Sorry for the non contribution to a Griot’s thread). Inside Griot's Garage

10. Likes Bosko, oneheadlite, CleanIT, dgage, opie and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    For sure.
    Also in the live stream, Nick said you would get better results in duration from 3 in 1 spray Versus the new AIO...disappointing.
    I can see it's place dont get me wrong....but at this stage I'll polish with CC and then just add 2 coats of 3 in 1 spray
    I still want to go with the Liquid Wax 3-in-1. It will help polish down after the CC, and also it uses carnauba. For the summer I’d rather keep re-applying carnauba than cake on ceramic. I like the glow of carnauba and I have used Spray-On Wax as a drying aid in the past and really liked it.

For next winter however, I plan to spray on the Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax for its longevity (similar to how I used Meg’s Ultimate Wax (liquid and quik spray) last summer and then once it got cold I applied Meg’s HCW spray for its longevity).

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry suppose to be CarPro essence. Sio2 primer polish.

I used it on some pretty swirled up ford shadow black paint. I think it was soft/medium.

Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast