autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 445
  1. #361
    Super Member Bosko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inside Griot's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscut88 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but what is the acronym LSP mean?
    Last
    Step
    Product....finally coat on the paint

  2. Likes seabiscut88 liked this post
  3. #362
    Super Member Coatingsarecrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,023
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inside Griot's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscut88 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but what is the acronym LSP mean?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To take bosko’s info one step further it is what you use for your main protection for paint.

    Alot if people will add more layers on top of LSP’s like drying aids, quick detailers that add protection or even toppers for coated cars


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Likes Bosko, NJNinja, oneheadlite liked this post
  5. #363
    Super Member Bosko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inside Griot's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    To take bosko’s info one step further it is what you use for your main protection for paint.

    Alot if people will add more layers on top of LSP’s like drying aids, quick detailers that add protection or even toppers for coated cars


    Good point, I think the original definition of LSP didn't take in mind toppers and QD's

  6. #364
    Super Member Coatingsarecrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,023
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inside Griot's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Good point, I think the original definition of LSP didn't take in mind toppers and QD's
    Yeah alot of hobbiest have a topping problem and the manufacturer’s are happy to sell us more product.

    Klasse is a klassic case of this phenomenon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Likes NJNinja, opie liked this post
  8. #365
    Super Member NJNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inside Griot's Garage

    LOL


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #366
    Regular Member seabiscut88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inside Griot's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah alot of hobbiest have a topping problem and the manufacturer’s are happy to sell us more product.

    Klasse is a klassic case of this phenomenon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol “topping problem” is correct.

    I went carnauba based product to start. Best of Show Wax liquid with the Best of Show Wax spray wax as a drying aid to treat my topping problem during my weekly wash.

    I have some of the regular Speed Shine showing today I am hoping to get off work early and have time to wash my truck and use the Speed Shine as a drying aid vs the Spray Wax and see how it goes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #367
    Super Member Coatingsarecrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,023
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inside Griot's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscut88 View Post
    Lol “topping problem” is correct.

    I went carnauba based product to start. Best of Show Wax liquid with the Best of Show Wax spray wax as a drying aid to treat my topping problem during my weekly wash.

    I have some of the regular Speed Shine showing today I am hoping to get off work early and have time to wash my truck and use the Speed Shine as a drying aid vs the Spray Wax and see how it goes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To take it one step farther they have a Best of Show QD that is suppose to pair well and look phenomenal on their Best of Show waxes

    Griots Garage Best of Show Detailer


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. Likes seabiscut88 liked this post
  12. #368
    Regular Member seabiscut88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inside Griot's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    To take it one step farther they have a Best of Show QD that is suppose to pair well and look phenomenal on their Best of Show waxes

    Griots Garage Best of Show Detailer


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have tried that product and I am not sure what my deal was but wasn’t a big fan. Seemed to leave streaks from my experience.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
  14. #369
    Junior Member BlackCarBlues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inside Griot's Garage

    I used BOSS quick detailer a few times and really liked it. It didn’t streak for me, even on my black car. I actually really like that you can also use it in direct sunlight. Perhaps you were using too much? 2-3 sprays per panel is all you really need.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
  16. #370
    Regular Member seabiscut88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inside Griot's Garage

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post
    I used BOSS quick detailer a few times and really liked it. It didn’t streak for me, even on my black car. I actually really like that you can also use it in direct sunlight. Perhaps you were using too much? 2-3 sprays per panel is all you really need.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That could easily be the case


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-31-2018, 05:36 PM
  2. Sneak Peek inside Autogeek's Show Car Garage!
    By Mike Phillips in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2015, 06:06 PM
  3. Product storage - inside the house or in the garage?
    By Radarryan in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 07:59 PM
  4. Washing Cars Inside of Your Garage
    By Mike Phillips in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 07:32 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 01:00 PM

Members who have read this thread: 141

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» January 2022

S M T W T F S
262728293031 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 12345