autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have issues posting pictures? Gallery option vs. albums option

Hello all,

I sent this to the moderators (aka Mike and Nick), but would also like to ask forum members:

Before the forum upgrade we would post pictures in the Gallery tab on the top of the page and post our new albums there and then share pics into threads and embed them. This method then went crazy and no one could post pics into the Gallery necessitating the need for a forum upgrade (which was already ongoing).

This was then changed after and during the forum upgrade, wherein, in my last few threads I posted my pictures from the "albums" tab on the left side while viewing my own profile. Just last week I posted a Souveran thread using this method. This was because the Gallery tab went crazy a few months ago, following which the "albums" way was the way that worked.

Now fast forward to yesterday - whatever pics I try posting from the "album" section within my profile do not show up for others (they do for me......) in any of the threads. However, I randomly tried posting an older picture from the Gallery section up top and that seems to work...after all this time.

So the question I have is, what method is everyone using to post pics following which they link them in the thread (embed).

Those that had trouble with the gallery a few months, what method did you use then vs. now.

Thank you.

Edit: Ofcourse, I will now use the Gallery tab as its back working...but just throwing it out there as I learned the hard way.

EDIT 2: Anyone else having trouble uploading photos/creating albums?

This is a link to my post from January 24th 2016 when the Gallery option was acting up - resulting in me trying the album route.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone have issues posting pictures? Gallery option vs. albums option

I guess not.

Update: Nick is working on the issue....just incase someone else has the issue, but it looks like no one does lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever I want to add a picture i just find it on my desktop and drag it into the provided spot when posting. I have always found the pictures I want to use and put them on my desktop before I start to try and post. It just makes it easier for me to find.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    Whenever I want to add a picture i just find it on my desktop and drag it into the provided spot when posting. I have always found the pictures I want to use and put them on my desktop before I start to try and post. It just makes it easier for me to find.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but do you mean you just drag into the post that you would be writing at the time?

Does that post as an attachment (in text), which results in a small picture, or as an embedded picture that would fit the whole screen?

Edit: I tried to drag into the advance post section and nothing happens in terms of images attaching. It just takes me to a new window with my picture in it lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted photos into my gallery the other day. I had no issues.