autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

FLEX XFE7 Long Stroke Orbital Polisher IN STOCK!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FLEX XFE7 Long Stroke Orbital Polisher IN STOCK!

Outstanding!

I see this machine is setup with a 6" plate right out of the box. Nick, do you have any information on the gear driven machine and what plate/pads would be utilized with it?

Hoping to see the gear driven machine launched with a 6" plate and hopefully the two machines can utilize the same pad line.

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike asked a valid point. Also will there be a 5" backing plate available for the XFE7 and gear driven XCE?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Outstanding!

I see this machine is setup with a 6" plate right out of the box. Nick, do you have any information on the gear driven machine and what plate/pads would be utilized with it?

Hoping to see the gear driven machine launched with a 6" plate and hopefully the two machines can utilize the same pad line.
    The XCE (forced rotation) will have a 6 inch backing plate as well. Lake Country is currently developing pads for the new XCE (I have them sitting on my desk as a matter of fact ).

For the XFE (long stroke free spinning) the 6.5 inch Lake Country ThinPro Pads (currently available) are perfect for this machine.

I would expect a smaller backing plate to be available for both machines at some point.

Mike Phillips

Just to chime in on the ThinPro pads....

Most of you know that thin pads rotate better than thick pads on free spinning tools.

About the time the new ThinPro pads were introduced was also the time Bob Eichelberg paid a visit to Autogeek with the #00001 FLEX XFE 7-15 prototype.

I don't know if there was ever a more convenient coincidence that I've witnessed in my entire life because at that moment I had the first prototype in the U.S.A. and conveniently the new THIN ThinPro pads that fit this tool perfectly.

From this write-up dated October 30th, 2015 - right before we all left for SEMA

And just in time... the new Thin Pro Pads

These fit and work PERFECT with the new Flex XFE 7

And something incredibly cool to test the new prototype out on...

Thin is in...
    The new thin foam pads like the ThinPro pads are seriously the only way to go with this new FLEX free spinning tool.

The kit includes your choice of 5 ThinPro pads.

More pads are better
    Anyone that's been detailing for a while KNOWS - more pads are better when it comes to detailing an entire car.

In fact, in a perfect world, if you're doing a major correction to neglected paint, then again... in a perfect world you would have one foam cutting pad per panel. The average car has 6 to 8 panels depending upon if it's a 2-door or a 4 door.

Of course you can get away with one pad per two panels and so on but the best correction with ANY tool is had when you are able to switch to a clean, dry pad every panel or so...

So keep this in mind when ordering this kit and I'd recommend getting extra ThinPro pads. You know what I've written is true. So let your budget be your guide and also know you can trust in Lake Country quality to put out top notch buffing pads.

Also, by switching to a new pad often you get more longevity out of your pads overall since you're not punishing one or two cutting pads to do the entire correcting step or one or two polishing pads to do the entire polishing step. For machine applying waxes and sealant you really only need one wax pad but for doing major correction and polishing... more pads are better.

This kit is a great way to get started but mark my words... you can never have too many clean, dry pads when you're in the middle of a car detailing project.

Mike Phillips

Here's a screenshot of the various pad options in the 6.5" ThinPro line.

If you're just starting out then I'd say a good collection of pads that will tackle just about anything in your garage would be,

Orange for the correction step.
    White of the polishing step.
    Red for the machine waxing step.

How many you get of each type is up to you but I'd recommend starting with the above combination.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. Thanks for the feedback Gentlemen.