autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sample Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelso
    yes it may cost money now, but will improve sales later down the road when the samplers use it and go- oh my, i need a bottle
    Killer started this thread when the forum was new,you can always trade,plus there is another thread called pay it foward. Somebody offers you an item and the only thing they ask is that you foward another item to a deserving member.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...read.php?t=696 I found the thread http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the're gonna fall for it guys! Maybe if we mass email...:>) j/k

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be a good idea to offer a sample kit...It would make a great gift - and possibly making more people be sick with carcaroholism , just like me.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy Moly, I just looked at my post count! Neq people will log on and think I know stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    You do know stuff scooter! Geez, don't be so hard on yourself. I'm a total noob to this car detailing, but what I like about it is, you pick up on it FAST. Everyone has some good advice or tips they can share, and hopefully they do. You also have a lot of OT posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.
    I saw the threads on the product swapping. I'm looking to pay for it. I don't want anything for free unless it's offered first. I'll even buy the bottles and pay for shipping. There's just so many options out there and so many different cars.

Thanks again.
    Lemme know if anyone wants to sell anything.

Here's some of the best deals on bottles ( I don't think this is a competitor).
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...uct%5Fid=15123
    Last edited by justin_murphy; 06-22-2006 at 06:57 AM.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, I think sample kits would help sales in the long run. Not only would they be making money on kits, but the products purchased afterwards as well. I know I would buy one Let's face it, I haven't purchased an AG product I haven't liked yet, so most likely I would like the product and purchase the larger amount. They would have to do a cost breakdown vs. retail to determine if it would be beneficial. It's also possible AG could actually lose sales of sizes currently offered because someone might not like (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) the product purchased in sample sizes whereas they would have purchased the larger amount(higher price) had the samples not been offered. Maybe they could do a test for a couple of months and compare sales data compared to comp sales from last year. There are a lot factors involved, including sales trend (+/-). Most retailers like to offer larger sizes simply because of cost of packaging and labor, which obviously, this request would be more supply/labor cost intensive. I'd still like to see it happen

Post Thanks / Like
    While some of you dont know it, when AG usually introduces a product it allows a sample base to test the product. With Wolfgang and entire sample kit was offered to several forums. Smaller samples are easier traded between end-users than the cost of it via retailer specifically. So keep tuned, and certainly like the recent soap testing, more will come available to this forum in the future.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Killerwheels,Any New Sales/Specials coming up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12