autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and Pinnacle Leather Conditioner New Formulas

I recently received these two new Pinnacle products to review with a large order I had placed. Thanks Nick and AG.

I have three vehicles with leather interiors so plenty of leather to try them out on.

I've had my Genesis Coupe for three + years and as it's a garage queen so you would expect that the leather doesn't get much wear and tear. Key note, I have not used any leather products on it since I bought it new.

I started with the Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. I lightly misted the applicator with some deionized water then I sprayed the product on blue microfiber sponge applicator. The part of the seat that you get in and out of takes the most abuse so this was my test bed. Looks pretty good already right? Not so, as appearances can be deceiving.

So I rubbed it in as per the instructions on the bottle. Let it sit for a minute or so and then buffed it off with a clean gold plush mf towel.

I then applied the Pinnacle Leather Conditioner. This product is thick and creamy and has a flip top applicator. It has a nice leathery scent, not over bearing. It last a few days in the vehicle. I again used a blue mf sponge to apply, rubbed it in and lightly buffed it off. Initally the leather was a little more soft and the wrinkles eased up a bit. I imagine over repeated use it will soften up the leather even more.

So here's the after picture having used the two new formula Pinnacle products. You can clearly see it cleaned the leather and added a nice rich finish to it. I also did the center perforated area, you can see where it ends towards the back of the seat.

My wife has a new Sonata, she's been carrying this guy around with her and he tends to dribble on the back seat and leave some paw prints. It's hard to get detailed pictures of this color but I did the best I could.

I used the same process on the entire back seat area.

As my new Rogue is my daily driver now I will update this thread again when I use these products on the light brown leather. This will also be a good comparison as each of these vehicles have a different grade and grain of leather.

So my final observations, these are two excellent leather cleaning and conditioning products. You may think you could get by with just the Cleaner and Conditioner, but the dedicated Conditioner as a second step definitely adds to the overall luster of the leather. I would recommend these products and when I need to purchase more leather care these will most likely be the ones I buy. I say most likely because I have the Wolfgang Leather Care products but had been to lazy to use them yet. It's no secret I don't enjoy interior detailing. How I avoid this on my vehicles is keeping them spotless so I don't have to do a major over haul. On my customer details I tell them I only do exteriors

Thanks for the opportunity to review these new products from Pinnacle Nick, they live up to the Pinnacle Brand.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and Pinnacle Leather Conditioner New Formulas

Nice cleaning on your wifes' seats.

Interested in seeing how long it lasts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and Pinnacle Leather Conditioner New Formulas

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Nice cleaning on your wifes' seats.

Interested in seeing how long it lasts.
    Yeah it did a good job, and that Sonata leather is heavily dimpled and hard to get into the cracks.

These are the first cars we've ever had with leather, it's an on going process. I'm thinking the key to keeping it clean is keeping up with it or getting seat covers, but then what's the sense of paying for the leather interior.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL