autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: *NEW* BLACKFIRE Crystal Coat Paint Coating!

Ian - I might have to put you on pay roll!

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Anyone know what is the difference in this one and PBL coating? Is one better than the other? I believe PBL is good for one year. I guess there will be a whole line of surface preps and coating refreshers. Can you use a wax over this coating like PBL? I think I have coating overload.
    Completely different formula.

I'll try and make it simple...

BLACKFIRE Crystal Coat is a quartz-based glass coating, where Black Label Diamond Paint Coating is a nano-glass formula. BLACKFIRE's formula contains more "solids" and thus forms a thicker film on the surface. It requires a little more time to apply because more of the ingredients are left on the surface when you apply it (not a spray, and the carrying agent is completely different). I would say the application compares to Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer.

Black Label will leave the surface slicker, and the film of protection that it provides is thinner and more flexible (thicker films become brittle as they begin to wear off). Of course thicker is a relative term, and don't take it literally when I use the word "brittle," because it's not like chunks of coating are going to begin to flake off over time.

Another difference, BLACKFIRE's formula does not work well when topped with a wax or sealant. If you're a wax lover, stick with Black Label. If you want to set it and forget it, then BLACKFIRE is the way to go.

We take customer feedback very seriously, which is why we decided to introduce a prep product in the form of a spray - BLACKFIRE Crystal Coat Paint Prep.

After you've clayed and polished the vehicle to remove above and below surface contaminants, simply spray Crystal Coat Paint Prep directly onto the surface and wipe clean with a soft, clean microfiber towel. This step is arguably the most important because it removes polishing oils, fillers, old waxes, finger prints, smudges, and other contaminants that would prevent the coating from bonding.

You guys are going to love these new offerings from BLACKFIRE.

Post Thanks / Like

Great info nick. Thank you!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for clarifying the differences. I bought the PBL coating bundle when it came out and have been mostly satisfied with the performance. I like being able to apply different waxes to get the look that makes me happy and knowing that my auto is protected fully if the wax deteriorates. I will stick with PBL.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you'll have a thread on this soon, Nick--but some of us are wondering what the consistency of this product is. Since it's not in a spray bottle, and I think the product page describes a "bead" of product, it sounds like this coating is thicker and applies and removes more like a traditional liquid wax or sealant, including the drying and buffing off of residue. Is that correct or no? If yes, sounds like it might be an easier transition from traditional products for people who are nervous about coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    HOLY MOLLY! A complete kit. This smells of a BF GIVEAWAY....

BLACKFIRE Crystal Coat Paint Coating Kit
    I'm all for it! I've got the Blackfire SRC duo cocked and loaded in my garage along with a black car ready to receive its Spring refresher.

Sample sizes are fine, it's a small hatchback. Hint...hint...
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

We need a give away on this to have someone to do a review so I can buy, grrr already in my cart
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Ian - I might have to put you on pay roll!
    LOL - I'll take a store credit any day my man!! ha!

Thanks for the great info on BF CCPC!! BF and PBL are clearly different coatings designed for 2 different LSP end user needs.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I'm sure you'll have a thread on this soon, Nick--but some of us are wondering what the consistency of this product is. Since it's not in a spray bottle, and I think the product page describes a "bead" of product, it sounds like this coating is thicker and applies and removes more like a traditional liquid wax or sealant, including the drying and buffing off of residue. Is that correct or no? If yes, sounds like it might be an easier transition from traditional products for people who are nervous about coatings.
    It is a very thin liquid with a viscosity similar to water. Apply a thin coat (cross hatch), wait a minute, then gently level any high spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    The new sprayable coating prep looks great!

BLACKFIRE Crystal Coat Paint Prep
    Yes! It seems you could use this to inspect your work after polishing, too. I'm going to try this.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like another fantastic Blackfire offering. Too bad the Canuck exchange rate is terrible these days

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast