autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Window Wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    Window Wax input:
    AIO or PB PP to clean, then UPP to seal/protect and it seems to do a good job repealing bugs and sheeting off the water droplets. Earlier this year I cleaned then applied Rain-X to the windsheilds and soon regreated doing so - the bug splatters seem to get ingrained in the Rain-X and not come out real easily. That said, it does bead-off the water real well, just that since I drive so many miles on back roads I get a ton of bug splatters and Rain-X, IME, has not done a good job along these lines.

Other input:
    Killr, still think you need to offer AG license plate frames.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I go racing , I would currently have to do so topless. (the car, not me, but neither is all to pretty) . As for the chains ..... nope. Fat, hairy old guy ..... thats me. Its seems that my mom and dad ordered the Chewbacca package as I got hair anywhere you dont want it.

And to keep this related to glass, if you clean your glass really well, someone ugly like me is likely on the other side looking in. BOO !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO, and UPP, for windshield? interesting

Post Thanks / Like
    You say clearkote quickshine on the window? Will that help remove water spots on the window too? I have em pretty bad Just spay and wipe off with a glass microfibre?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrombe
    Don't feel old man. Your car is a cool car, and if a 19 year old likes your car... you must be a hip guy. What s-type is it? PLEASE say the R!!
    I wish it were the "R" version, but alas, that was way more money. I did get the V8 however and I'm pleased with the drive. I just drove from Dallas to Houston today and the car was very smooth and quick. I made really good time

Keeping the subject on track, I brought my bottle of Stoners with me. I didn't like it at first, but it has grown on me. I'm intrested in the discussion of the other products on the glass. I'll have to try it.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys/gals. I will look into all your suggestions, all but the Rain X. Sorry, not a big fan of the 'X'.
    Clean cars run better 'cause they are happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sndhnrc
    Thanks guys/gals. I will look into all your suggestions, all but the Rain X. Sorry, not a big fan of the 'X'.
    rain X makes a good product. To date i have tried Rain X window Solvent,Water Repelent, Rain X glass cleaner. I bought the glass cleaner today because the store i went to didn't have Megs glass cleaner.
    Soon as the clouds/overcast is over i will be able to see how good the Rain X glass cleaner cleaned up,at this time i can't tell if there is any streaking.
    The Glass is as slick as a layer of sealant, and as shiney as a coat of wax.
    I'll let you know if i have problems with hazing/streaks..

I was tempted to buy the Window Wax,but will see how the cleaner performs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123