autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neothin
    hmmmm.... i'll be down on thursday
    Cool ! Come around lunch and bring some Dales BBQ with you!!! I will buy if you fly!

Post Thanks / Like
    sure, i'll bring dale's. what do you want?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neothin
    sure, i'll bring dale's. what do you want?
    Pork Special, sweet tea!!!! Then we can play in the hose!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    Pork Special, sweet tea!!!! Then we can play in the hose!

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    So I went down to the geek this afternoon to go and test out the new Optimum wash soap formula, all I have to say is wow!
    The suds are amazing with this new formula. With just an ounce and a half of soap added to the soap bucket, In about 10 seconds of spraying a jet of water, the entire bucket was overflowing with soapy suds.
    The suds help to create a really slick surface that my mitts just glided over effortlessly. This soap is as smooth as my all time favorite, poorboy's super slick and suds. I had no fear of causing marring whatsoever.
    The soap has some good cleaning ability too. As meghan witnessed when I drove up, my car had some pretty bad waterspotting on the paint and the glass from a rainshower late last week (i know, i know, i should've gotten them off sooner, but i was busy!). One wipe with the sheepskin mitt was all that was necessary for the waterspots to be completely removed.
    Even though the cleaners were strong enough to remove some pretty heavy baked-on waterspots, the formula was still gentle enough not to strip my 2 week old application of DP Max Wax. After washing, I tested out the beading of the wax by spraying a fan of water over the hood of the car. The water instantly beaded up and ran off the hood.
    The only thing that I didn't really like about the soap is that it doesnt have a nice scent. I'm not saying that it smells bad, but it doesn't have a fruit scent like other soaps. This really isn't that much of a negative considering a scent has no effect on performance of the product.

All in all, the new formula of the optimum wash soap is right on. I love the stuff. I would use it and SS&S interchangeably and not have any problems in doing so whatsoever.

As for other products tested today, I got the chance to use the new Gilmour Easy Squeeze, 6 pattern hose nozzle during my wash. This new nozzle has a new design that i've never come across. Instead of the lever turning on the water being int he palm of your hands, it is moved to the front of the nozzle to where your fingers are. Also, instead of the locking mechanism (the one that keeps the water on without you having to hold the lever down) being on the top of the nozzle, it is located just above the grip and it's a twist motion to engage it. I found this to be alot easier than normal nozzles. As most of you know, I'm a big wash mitt/foam gun advocate, so when I'm washing, there's normally a mitt on one of my hands. This new locking mechanism design allowed me to lock the nozzle open using just one hand instead of the two it normally requires. This saved me the hassle of finding a clean place to put the mitt down to use my other hand. Great product, I recommend anyone who hand washes to at least try one.
    I also got the chance to use the new montana boars hair brushes. the wheel brushes were great. the longer handled version allowed me to clean even the bottom of my wheels without me having to either crouch down on the ground or bend over alot. This really helps me out because my knee has been replaced because of a sporting accident and my back has never been the same since i got hit wrong in a game of rugby a little while ago. The smaller short handled brush is also a nifty tool. It's small enough that I can get in between the spokes of my 18" wheels. This isnt going to be true for everyone though, i have a 5 spoke design, so there's a lot of room for a tool to get in there. The boars hair 360 wash brush was also a good tool that I used during my wash. completely drench the brush into the soap bucket and then glide it along the surface whilst spraying foam from the foam gun through it = a near marring-less way of washing even a VERY dirty car.

the soap and the tools are all great additions to anyone's washing arsenal!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok we have some photos for you.... Neothin has been working hard out back, had to take some photos.

Montana Original Boar’s Hair Wheel Brushes

http://www.autogeek.net/moorbohawhbr.html

Montana Original 360° Boar’s Hair Wash Brush

http://www.autogeek.net/moor36bohawa.html

Easy Squeeze 6- Pattern Hose Nozzle

http://www.autogeek.net/easq6pahono.html

Optimum Car Wash New Formula!
    Updated Formula! As of June 2006, Optimum Car Wash has been improved. Now it is 3 times more concentrated for an even better value! One ounce per one gallon of water produces mounds of rich, dirt-trapping suds.

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-car-wash.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I see a modeling career about to blossom! New spokesperson/model for AG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrombe
    I see a modeling career about to blossom! New spokesperson/model for AG!
    Well he is a young college boy now, with a expensive detailing habit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, I don't get it. Does he work for AG?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrombe
    Wait, I don't get it. Does he work for AG?
    No Neothin does not work for us, but he donates his spare time to us and our forum. He is a great way to get good, honest feedback and reviews. Nice thing is he is always willing to come down and give us a few hours whenever we need him. Don't feel to bad for him, we let him walk off with whatever he trys out, plus I let him detail my car for free. How sweet of me! All around everyone wins!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast